Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS connection

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Where do l plug into the main board ? The reason l ask is there was another clip attached that was the same size as the plug on the main board, so since it was removable l removed it and then was able to plug it in ? When I was originaly removing the top cover it was already unpluged, there was only one open plug at the battery end of the main board, and the wires are short so l assumed thats the place, but l'm baffled by that clip ? I know l'm missing something here, looked everywhere for a picture, but found none ?

See Attachmemt 42 (Typhoon H Mainboard) of this document:
"Way To Fix Drones project"

Original picture was provided by @Steve Carr.
Thanx, but thats the H, I need the H+ seeing as they are different ( I had seen that one ) ? Whats really confusing me is the clip since it wont plug into that slot with it on ? I know its just me missing something

Thanx, I found out the clip thing was really the connector seems l disloged it upon removal of the top cover ? Well once l realized that, l tried to re-align those little pins back into thier holes, but one bent a little so l went to straighten it, but it broke off ? Looks like l need the main board now. Its the price of schooling, and wouldnt change it, doesnt yuneec have a training school l might need to attend

Looks like l need the main board now. Its the price of schooling, and wouldnt change it,
Not necessarily a new mainboard. If you, or someone you know is good with small soldering, there is another option.
You can take the wire associated with the broken pin out of the connector. Then solder that wire directly to the "foot" on the backside of the connector with the broken pin.
You will no longer be able to easily unplug GPS in that arrangement. An alternative would be to solder another disconnect into the mod to retain the ability to unplug GPS when needed.

Not necessarily a new mainboard. If you, or someone you know is good with small soldering, there is another option.
You can take the wire associated with the broken pin out of the connector. Then solder that wire directly to the "foot" on the backside of the connector with the broken pin.
You will no longer be able to easily unplug GPS in that arrangement. An alternative would be to solder another disconnect into the mod to retain the ability to unplug GPS when needed.
Might have to go that route, as no one has them, what connector would work ? Seeing has l pluged it into this plug, whats it for ?main board.jpg

what connector would work ?
I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well. I'm not talking about another connector. Just talking about clipping the one wire from the existing connector, and soldering it to correct foot on the back of the same connector. That's the simplest form of the repair. There are many variations possible.
1.jpg

Oh ok l misunderstood when you mentioned connector, now l'm wondering if an electronics supplier would sell those connectors, and how would l know what its called. You have to realize I'm not the brightest blub on the porch, Thanx again

Another question, when l change the slip ring do l have to send it for the gimbal calibration, where is this software for such a task other than yuneec, and authorised repair centers ?

WTF, steve, and pat how the **** did you all learn your trouble shooting skills along with everything else ? Feel free not to answer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval