Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS POSITION

Reaction score
I need to use my "H" to located a crashed RC plane. If I find and take a picture is there a way to know the GPS coordinates of the plane? Is info about a picture stored anywhere?
Thanks, Truman

I need to use my "H" to located a crashed RC plane. If I find and take a picture is there a way to know the GPS coordinates of the plane? Is info about a picture stored anywhere?
Thanks, Truman
I would note the time that you shoot the pictures and then go into flight2log and look for that same time to get all your information

Yes normally the latitude, longitude, altitude coordinates are in the image data.
In windows, on the image, you have to go to Properties / Details and you have to scroll down the list.
I have it in the pictures taken by the H520, I guess for the H, it's the same.
Capture.JPG

If I take a photo from my Breeze the coordinates of the place are stored in the properties of the photo.

Mind, this is the position from where the picture was taken, not the exact position of where the RC plane is. So, best is to take the picture right above the plane.
1566130699309.png

The coordinates in the image must be written in Google Earth as follows:
Latitude: 45° 01' 31.33 "
Longitude: 0° 57' 39.12 "
Which gives you the place in the vertical of your H.
Capture 2.JPG

Thanks everyone! I have found lost planes before buy just by watching the screen and hovering over it till someone walks to it. This one will be too far away to do that. I would run out of battery before someone got there. Wish me luck!
Thanks again,
Truman

Reactions: robbie2
The coordinates in the image must be written in Google Earth as follows:
Latitude: 45° 01' 31.33 "
Longitude: 0° 57' 39.12 "
Which gives you the place in the vertical of your H.
View attachment 18145
I have no "degree" symbol on my English keyboard.
Is there a way to enter that symbol.

BTW, Google Earth Pro does nor yet have this ability.

I have no "degree" symbol on my English keyboard.
Is there a way to enter that symbol.

BTW, Google Earth Pro does nor yet have this ability.

alt plus 0 number on Mac
this was also on Google:
Press and hold the ALT key and type 0 1 7 6 on the numeric keypad of your keyboard. Make sure the NumLock is on and type 0176 with the leading zero. If there is no numeric keypad, press and hold the Fn before typing the 0176 numbers of degree symbol.

Reactions: Sureshot
Thanks again guys. I was able to find the plane but sadly it was stuck in the top of a tree and could not be recovered.
Troman

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes it does, GE Pro is what I use. Just place several open spaces between the end of one coordinate string before starting another.
I gave up too soon last week.
Thanks. I got it to work. (Fussy syntax)

Computers and programs are like severely mentally retarded children, and some uneducated non english speaking people from south of the border. With a little work they can be taught to do things but once they learn it no other method will ever be accepted.

It's been a few months since I flew, but aren't the GPS Coords. displayed on the screen at the left bottom of the ST-16?

They are for the original H series and 920. I don’t have a Plus or 520 to reference. If I was to lose an aircraft it’s the first place I would look to record it before shutting down the controller.

In any event, most modern cameras, including cell phones, show GPS coordinates in the photo’s EXIF data. To obtain it all that is necessary is to right click the photo on a computer to bring up “Properties”, then open up the details portion of the file. The same info can be found in photo processing programs. That stuff is commonly used in code enforcement work using drones.

All of the Yuneec hex aircraft record GPS position data in the telemetry but none of that would be useful to establish where a photo was taken.

@Sureshot
To have the symbol "Degres (°)" written in a text if you do not have this acronym on the keyboard, you hold the key "ALT" pressed and at the same time you tap the number "248" and releasing the key "ALT", you get the symbol "°".
(valid under a keyboard under Windows).

@Sureshot
To have the symbol "Degres (°)" written in a text if you do not have this acronym on the keyboard, you hold the key "ALT" pressed and at the same time you tap the number "248" and releasing the key "ALT", you get the symbol "°".
(valid under a keyboard under Windows).
Just tried it, @claudius62 . Doesn't work with this windows 10 computer

Both solutions work on my Windows 10 computers (azerty keyboard and left ALT)
Alt + 248 and ALT + 0176.
Sorry for You

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval