Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS says acquiring on remote but shows satellites

Reaction score
My typhoon H i just got and only got to fly one time said GPS acquiring on the remote which shows up to 19 satellites are up there so so it will not connect or it will not fly I want to take off what can I do to fix this is very frustrating I really want to find my typhoon h I upgraded or updated the firmware on the remote whats the deal hear yuneec? I realy wish I would have just bought another DJ I had the Phantom 3 I sunk it in the creek for nearly 20 minutes completely submerged in water Community now when I finally get you the only thing that was wrong with it with the battery the battery stopped working everything else is fine DJI has to be the best by far. I crashed my Phantom 3 about 20 times now its still working all but the camerar anttena transmission fades in and out,but thats onl yyi cuz my remote anttenas abroken . Can some one help me solve my typhoon mayham mystery Please!!

First of all we are NOT Yuneec Customer Support, we ARE a fellow Yuneec owner just like you. If you stop ranting and carrying on about how good your Phantom is we might be able to guide you to a fix for your problem.

Did you purchase your Typhoon H from a private party or from a dealer as a factory authorized refurb?

For starters you need to take the aircraft and controller to an area where you have a good open view of the sky that is not blocked by tall trees, buildings, or mountains. Let both sit powered up for at least 30 minutes and see if you get GPS acquired. There is a backup battery on the GPS board that goes below 1.7 V after sitting for weeks. Let us know your results after this.

You will also want to download and thoroughly read the attached user enhanced manual for the H480 (Typhoon H).

I moderate on the PhantomPilots and MavicPilots forums and see the same types of problems with DJI equipment, so this is not a UNIQUE problem.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 18
First of all we are NOT Yuneec Customer Support, we ARE a fellow Yuneec owner just like you. If you stop ranting and carrying on about how good your Phantom is we might be able to guide you to a fix for your problem.

Did you purchase your Typhoon H from a private party or from a dealer as a factory authorized refurb?

For starters you need to take the aircraft and controller to an area where you have a good open view of the sky that is not blocked by tall trees, buildings, or mountains. Let both sit powered up for at least 30 minutes and see if you get GPS acquired. There is a backup battery on the GPS board that goes below 1.7 V after sitting for weeks. Let us know your results after this.

You will also want to download and thoroughly read the attached user enhanced manual for the H480 (Typhoon H).

I moderate on the PhantomPilots and MavicPilots forums and see the same types of problems with DJI equipment, so this is not a UNIQUE problem.
Hey im sorry your right but when you spendcas much time ccx and money as i have on something you enjoyed and beliverd in as much as this has for me is why i gess i fel th the intitelment i did i appologize. Yes i bought it as a referbhow ever it did work fine i only got to fly it once but ihave tryed eveything you stated in the reply to me except one thing thats the batery on the gps wich is my next move i just thoughts before idid go that far sdcc hould in try any th hing other than the basics discuseed hear and in the manual if any body new sonething that is uncomon that we or i could try please as far as dji yes i have hady share of firm ware issus compass issues sinal issuse but were all fixabel this issue i have looked and read alot of stuff and pepole with the ssme issue but no fix is found . Now the battery on the gps is next il ll try it and get back to say if if was sucsessful i have had 2 other yuneec drones both mantis Q one crashed the other flew away just kept right on going unbeilivable still i do love the yuneec products wich is why i havnt gave up and wont thanks for the reply sir hope this was a better utilazstion of the website than n my previous post ang info will b ed appreciated and will help thank agin and i appologize to every one for that p please Overlook any typos I'm not a very good speller;)

Since you bought this aircraft as a refurb was there a warranty period from the seller? What refurb outfit did you purchase from? There have been a couple other recently with trouble right out of the box.

You said earlier that you had up to 19 satellites showing for the aircraft. How many are you getting for the controller?

Download the document in this link Way To Fix Drones project and refer to the attachment for retrieving and uploading your flightlogs from the Typhoon H. With this information we may be able to better guide you toward a good solution.

I upgraded or updated the firmware on the remote whats the deal hear yuneec?
Your troubles seem to have started when you did an ST16 update. I notice you mentioned only the ST16, not the entire kit. You may have created a firmware conflict between the controller and the drone/camera. It may help to do a factory reset on the ST16, but I doubt it. It also may help to redo the entire update. I'm not sure if the OTA update will work since you already updated the controller.
Here's the link to the video:

NFZ ????

Doom.. WTFD ??

@Jiggyjohnson
Overlook any typos I'm not a very good speller

.. your last post, dude.. that gave me a mild headache.. get with it bra'..
.. break paragraphs, make sense, & please use English.. we're grown men here..
.. we'll help you, but we need to understand what your trying/attempting to say..

NW.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
NFZ = No Fly Zone

Doom.. = I'll let Doom explain it.

WTFD = "Way to Fix Drones". As in the title document of Way To Fix Drones project

WTFD:

LoL.. yeah I know what each of the abbvs. are.. goodness!

I phrased it more as of a I wanted you or Doom's opinion if he could've been in a NFZ..

possible reason for his bird not firing up..

.. sometimes the simplest of things are overlooked..

NW.

The OP being in the DFW area that could be possible. That is why I attached the manual. If it is in an NFZ the LED pattern will tell him so.

DoomMeister is a handle I‘ve used for years. My son and I were VERY good at playing Doom and used to beat many online players in Death Matches. Can’t stand to sit at a computer and play anymore I get vertigo doing it.

NFZ ????

Doom.. WTFD ??

@Jiggyjohnson

.. your last post, dude.. that gave me a mild headache.. get with it bra'..
.. break paragraphs, make sense, & please use English.. we're grown men here..
.. we'll help you, but we need to understand what your trying/attempting to say..

NW. Yh
Ok im just asking for some insight bra imnot hear be belitteld becaese i cant spell or actuley mainly i dont proof read b4 i bit send becaae at that point i have a head ache my self....lol so if anyone has the same issue 1 it has gotten it fixed maybe you can tell me how it works for you that's all I'm saying. And

As for the guy that said my problems seem to Head Start after I upgraded the firmware on my remote no it did not it was already the problem I just upgraded it from somewhere on the remote thinking that would help or fix it and it did not.
When I try to upgrade the firmware on The Craft.
Or the typhoon should I say it doesn't it tells me it tells me that set the typhoon has already got the latest update in firmware or something along those lines sorry for all grown men are let's not resort to trying to make fun of me or belittle of someone because of their grammar inability or their English nobility even though I speak perfectly good English and I am American cuz we're grown men hear am i correct.

Two important requests have been made that you have not responded to. We can do little to help you unless you help us. Without a response to the requested information, we cannot do anything more than make the general assumption you may have a bad flight controller.
1.) Please tell us how many satellites are showing for the drone, and also how many satellites are showing for the controller. You could also upload a picture of the ST16 or a screen shot of the ST16 front page. You must understand saying 19 satellites is not informative without knowing whether that is drone or controller, and either way, it is not helpful if we don't know how many on the other.
2.) The best information by far is a copy of the flight logs. Please refer to Attachment 57 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project" as needed to upload the logs.

Again, without this information, all we can offer is the general speculation that you need to replace the flight controller. That is only based on other similar cases. That may NOT be the correct answer for you.

Guys someone mentioned here that the GPS has its own internal battery and if the drone is left for a while in storage it can fall below a certain voltage which makes sense. My question is will the 4s battery for the drone bring it back up too a safe level? I have to be honest I wasn't aware the GPS had a seperate battery.

The drone flight battery runs the GPS system while the drone is turned on. The little battery maintains information while the drone is turned off. If the drone is put back into regular use, the little battery will eventually recharge to original capacity.
The difference you will see is unusually long "Acquiring" times until the small battery regains functional capacity.

Two important requests have been made that you have not responded to. We can do little to help you unless you help us. Without a response to the requested information, we cannot do anything more than make the general assumption you may have a bad flight controller.
1.) Please tell us how many satellites are showing for the drone, and also how many satellites are showing for the controller. You could also upload a picture of the ST16 or a screen shot of the ST16 front page. You must understand saying 19 satellites is not informative without knowing whether that is drone or controller, and either way, it is not helpful if we don't know how many on the other.
2.) The best information by far is a copy of the flight logs. Please refer to Attachment 57 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project" as needed to upload the logs.

Again, without this information, all we can offer is the general speculation that you need to replace the flight controller. That is only based on other similar cases. That may NOT be the correct answer for you.
Ok thevremote will say 19 and the craft will say as many as thats or as littel as 10 i belive, but it will still show aquireing ,and how do i obtain my flight log please explain i forgot how to do that thank you sorry for not stateing these things as previosly requested

how do i obtain my flight log please explain i forgot how to do that thank you sorry for not stateing these things as previosly requested
See item 2 in post #11 of this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval