Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Props Wont Start / acquiring GPS

Reaction score
OK So I have a Typhoon H

I have Ran the tests on the remote all check out
I have looked at the readings in GUI, all green check marks, get the motors to turn on in test mode.
Have the latest firmware in the remote, gimble, camera & drone
I have cleared the cache in the remote, re bound everything 2x
I ordered a new GPS board since that keeps saying "acquiring"
Re-calibrated the compass, gimble and accelerometer
Re-seated the FC Board
Does not matter if GPS is on or off

While outside the drone shows 20 sat after 1 hour of just sitting, ST16 has 16
Drone logo says "READY"
Hold start button, goes from ready to start shows a green arrow on the screen, the 3 beeps going down sound and nothing.

Any ideas? IMG_0435.jpg

Last edited:

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Most likely will require a replacement F/C. See this post and the other it points to GPS acquiring

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
You can try going back to the latest and greatest. It is not good having mixed firmware between the ground station and aircraft. You can find it here Typhoon H

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
While we can all be cautiously optimistic reloading firmware permanently cleared some glitch, it remains a fact that if there is no actual problem with the firmware/hardware, you should be able to operate with any and all versions of the firmware. They need to be matching versions as mentioned by @DoomMeister.

There are several signs when the FC is a problem. The least debatable and perhaps the easiest to detect is the unwarranted indication of Yaw movement when the H is connected to the GUI. Refer to the example video below. Two Typhoon H GUI displays are compared side by side. The one on the left has a problem. If you look closely at it's Yaw rotation icon, you will see it start to rotate. The rotation may be to the left, as in this example, or it may be to the right. It may start quickly, or it may seem steady for a moment, and then become slowly faster and faster. Lots of variations. All are a problem if the Yaw indication is not rock steady.
Quick Introduction.jpg

A deeper discussion of the issue was provided by @h-elsner at Typhoon H GPS lock?

Reaction score
You dont want a bad fc board, i lost a drone when it started drifting from the home point and when i tried to rth it just took off in a random direction and i never saw the drone again

h-elsner

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The -1.4m on the first image suggests the IMU error.
The error always manifests itself on the z-axis of the accelerometer. In the GUI you can see exactly how bad (or good) your IMU is. If the drone is standing straight, it should always be around 1000mG, which is the normal acceleration due to gravity (1G). Smaller values will prevent the drone from successful pre-flight check and it will not start.
4GUI.png

Reactions: Steve Carr

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waderat1