Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS Tracker

Reaction score
I just ordered the 3G Trackimo GPS Tracker for my H, along with the extra battery & charging cradle and universal drone attachment kit. Hopefully I won't have to use it. But if my H decides to fly away from home I'll be able to find it.

I don't quite understand why they don't have some kind of a Google map or some kind of a map in at least the pad. It would be nice to put an overlay of your flight on the map so that even if it flew away you could use the GPS coordinates and figure out where it went down . It would make it a lot easier on the TH pilots.

I don't quite understand why they don't have some kind of a Google map or some kind of a map in at least the pad. It would be nice to put an overlay of your flight on the map so that even if it flew away you could use the GPS coordinates and figure out where it went down . It would make it a lot easier on the TH pilots.

Good idea. I guess the only issue would be if the actual GPS unit was playing up or you didn't have sufficient satellites, then you wouldn't get the correct coordinates.

I use the Marco Polo units on all of my multi rotors. They are small, have a great battery life and are very precise. I live in an area where I can't rely on mobile phone service or internet so the Marco Polo is the ideal choice for me.

Reactions: jemcd and ricmitch
For me I got the 3G Trackimo because it use GPS and 3G cell service plus has unlimited range.
When you get right down to it that's all that matters. Buying what works for you and does the job you need it to do. I know I'm guilty of having Tim Taylor disease :D. Buying things with all the bells, whistles and more power just because it looks cool :cool:.

Last edited:
For me I got the 3G Trackimo because it use GPS and 3G cell service plus has unlimited range.
When you get right down to it that's all that matters. Buying what works for you and does the job you need it to do. I know I'm guilty of having Tim Taylor disease :D. Buying things with all the bells, whistles and more power just because it looks cool :cool:.

I have the 2 g version, you'll never need that second battery :) Buts its a great tracker

That would fail if you lost connectivity to the H though wouldn't it?

I probably won't but I always like to have a backup. I bought the battery kit because I really wanted the charging cradle. The extra battery was a bonus :)

I probably won't but I always like to have a backup. I bought the battery kit because I really wanted the charging cradle. The extra battery was a bonus :)

Ah okay :) yeah the battery life is like 48 hours ticking off once a second its location pretty sweet ...

The fastest it will update the position is once a minute,not second. But I don't think I will have it update every minute. I don't need to know it's location unless I lose it. I'll probably set it on manual and if I lose it I can ping it's location. This way I will have the longest battery life. Having it update every minute gives you the shortest battery life.

The fastest it will update the position is once a minute,not second. But I don't think I will have it update every minute. I don't need to know it's location unless I lose it. I'll probably set it on manual and if I lose it I can ping it's location. This way I will have the longest battery life. Having it update every minute gives you the shortest battery life.

My bad you are right, yeah but the shortest battery life is like 48 hours, certainly you'll find it in two days -- I was not aware you could set it on manual and ping maybe I should read the manual, Ill have to go buy a microscope first :) thanks for the tip! Looks like I'm wrong all over the place the web site says 96 hours of battery --

Last edited:
Manual??? We don't need no stinking manual.....unless we can't figure it out on our own after a few days and nobody is looking....:D

Reactions: Brian Mackey
You guys are so macho. I always read the manual. I guess I'm anal retentive LOL. It would be Nice to have an overlay on a map

Good idea. I guess the only issue would be if the actual GPS unit was playing up or you didn't have sufficient satellites, then you wouldn't get the correct coordinates.

I use the Marco Polo units on all of my multi rotors. They are small, have a great battery life and are very precise. I live in an area where I can't rely on mobile phone service or internet so the Marco Polo is the ideal choice for me.
this is what I use, had a friend take the thingie out in the wood a mile or so, I went right to it we where both amazed how accurate it was,works anywhere! awesome when your bird goes down in a cornfield,

Whistle the pet tracker. Incredibly accurate to within a couple of feet. In the wild it will last 4 days.

I use a 3G GSM tracker from flea bay just dial the number and it sends you a text back with a Google maps link or send it a text to set it to auto transmit at what ever time interval you chose. Also leave it on in the bag just in case of theft.
Works well as I have to leave remote rescue equipment out on certain sites and I program it to alert if it moves more than a 30 meter radius.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis