Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS Waypoints

Reaction score
I was just looking at B&H's product page for the Typhoon H Pro, and it has the following:
Waypoint Navigation
Ground station functionality provided by the ST16 includes waypoint navigation. With this autopilot mode, apply pushpins to a map to create "waypoints" that define the Typhoon H's course. Altitude, speed, and heading can all change at each waypoint
I've not seen Yuneec mention this as a feature, but I can't imagine that B&H felt creative and just made that up. Could that be part of the firmware update?

If it is correct that will be a great new feature I think. Even if you have to preload maps. That said I'm not holding my breath and it is not going to change my mind about buying a TH Pro, I'm getting it either way.

Except it mentions applying pushpins to a map. That doesn't sound like CCC at all since that doesn't use pushpins or a map.

Except it mentions applying pushpins to a map. That doesn't sound like CCC at all since that doesn't use pushpins or a map.
Yeah I caught that, I just know how the above mentioned co. tends to be at least in my dealings. But, one can hope!

They also mention CCC separately:

Curve Cable Cam
Program an invisible route for Typhoon H to fly along. Typhoon H will fly between pre-set coordinates while independently controlling camera position

Reactions: Forrestt
I was just looking at B&H's product page for the Typhoon H Pro, and it has the following:
I've not seen Yuneec mention this as a feature, but I can't imagine that B&H felt creative and just made that up. Could that be part of the firmware update?
This is great news, if true. I doubt B&H made it up, but can't find anything about it on the Yuneec website. Let's hope it's in the new firmware. Keep your fingers crossed!

Reactions: Forrestt
Last edited:
OK, I have moved this stuff somewhere in the woods in order to keep privacy (because the original file is not mine). So this example should not be used. It only demonstrate, what is possible.
You can move points with the mouse if you hold the Ctrl-Key, also with hold Ctrl-key and click left mouse button you can define a new coordinate for an additional waypoint. The number of the waypoint says where it will be inserted in the track. Default is at the end.
The waypoint file itself is "example1". The other are converted files of the same.

CCCwaypoits.zip

br HE

Attachments

• CCCwaypoits.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
As long as no better apps available I have added a poor Editor for CCC waypoints to the Telemetry-Analyzer.
No description up to now. In short:
1. Create a CCC flight path.
2. Export the file to PC
3. Edit the waypoints (add, delet, edit parameter) with this one: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
View attachment 1865
4. Save with new name
5. Check it in Google Earth (export to KML or GPX)
View attachment 1863

6. Copy to ST16
7. Fly it save.

br HE
Your link to the software isn't right. It links to the first picture.

As long as no better apps available I have added a poor Editor for CCC waypoints to the Telemetry-Analyzer.
No description up to now. In short:
1. Create a CCC flight path.
2. Export the file to PC
3. Edit the waypoints (add, delet, edit parameter) with this one:
http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip

View attachment 1865
4. Save with new name
5. Check it in Google Earth (export to KML or GPX)
View attachment 1863

6. Copy to ST16
7. Fly it save.

br HE

Wow. This is one more example, Typhoon H is capable to use waypoints. More pressure to Yuneec to implement map based waypoints to H. If they don't do that it will be done from user side. Great!

I just tried the online editor.
I am not a programmer, but when trying to match what I had originally save and then creating/editing using this, I see there are "," at then end of the lines which I do not see in the original files.
Same goes to the second line, it's missing the " " on the Waypoint. Maybe it works the same way, but I figured I'll say what I saw. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

What the Online Editor offers to copy into the waypoint file is perfectly the same as the original Waypoint files from Yuneec Typhoon H. I cannot find any difference. The YTH has the commas at the end of each parameter as delimiter too.

br HE

I hope so, that is what I wanted instead of the cable curving thing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval