Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS

Reaction score
When H connects to ST12 I can see 14 satellites and GPS shows connected. No problems starting/stoppng motors so could fly but wanted to calibrate compass before taking off. Problem comes when I go to "calibrate". Immediately get a screen message saying GPS has been lost, but still see 14 satellites and GPS shows connected in left screen icons. Pressing "compass" has no effect so cannot calibrate it. Switching off and back on, everything works again until I go to calibrate compass. Get same GPS lost message even though 14 satellites and GPS show connected, and cannot get compass calibration. Have never had this issue before.

Are you flying the Typhoon H and using the ST12?

We need to know what components you have to be able to help and to know which forum to move the thread to.

The Typhoon H is usually paired with the ST16 controller and the Q500 series uses the ST10/10+/12.

Sorry, dyslexic fingers. Should be ST16. This is the one with 3 antennas - 2 x rubber duck style and one mushroom style in the middle. (I also have a square one which I do not use)

Attachments

• IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
It might be that your ST16 is having a problem with the drone profile. I have occasionally had problem you describe (touch the Calibrate command for the compass and nothing happens) and have only been able to fix by deleting the active profile and making a new one.

The procedure for creating a new drone profile shiwn below is on Pg. 18 of the Users Manual.

CREATE A NEW MODEL

PREPARING THE ST16
STEP 1) Switch on the ST16 Ground Station, then tap 'Model Select', and if required press 'OK' to accept any pop up warnings/alerts.

Tap the 'Bind' button.

STEP 2) Tap the new model and select the 'Create Model', then choose 'Type', select the 'TYPHOON H'

STEP 3) Input the model name and tap the icon ....... It looks like two hills.

STEP 4) Select the TYPHOON H photo, then tap 'Save'.

STEP 5) Enter the newly created model, then tap the 'System Setting'.

BINDING THE TYPHOON H

STEP 1) Switch on the aircraft and wait till all the initialization completes.

STEP 2) Lean the TYPHOON H in the forward direction twice (45°) until the Main LED
indicator blinks orange rapidly.

STEP 3) Tap the 'Refresh' button on the screen.

STEP 4) Select the 'SR24_XXXXX' receiver listed in the column under 'Model', and CGO 3P_XXXXX WiFi listed in the column under 'camera' on the ST16 Ground Station. Typing 'Bind' then enter the password '1234567890' to connect the WiFi, and then tap 'OK' after the connection has been established.

STEP 5) Tap the 'Back' button to return to the main screen and you will hear two long beeps. The flight data will show on the screen.

NOTICE: You can also copy a model to bind a new aircraft by long press the
original model icon and tap 'Copy'. Then repeat the above steps.

Once this is all done the new profile should allow you to carry out your calibrations without any problems.

Good luck.

Sorry - didn't have chance to check out until today. Brilliant - all working fine now. Thanks very much. Just in time to video for a friend on Monday.

• Love
Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis