Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Green Arrow Explained

Reaction score
I wrote an article (attached) explaining the Green Arrow. Having read all the forum postings on the subject, I concluded that there is still a lot of confusion about the purpose of the green arrow and how to interpret it. My article explains what it is, how to use it, why the designers put it in our system, and what you can do with it besides just flying home. Most importantly, I explain the purpose of the little plus sign (cross) in the center of the screen. To understand the green arrow you must understand the cross. It’s much more important than just marking the center of the screen.

I hope the article helps explain more about how this amazing machine operates.

Clem Wehner
Lawton, OK

Attachments

• Green Arrow Explained-6.pdf
    51.5 KB · Views: 959
Great article, thanks. By the way, do you still have the little plus / cross hairs on yours? I thought it went away in later firmware of the ST16?

Greg

Thank you for this, at last someone who can explain it better than Yuneec can!
Now all we need is for you to write the Realsense operating instructions

Yes, mine still has the little cross. But although I just got it a couple weeks ago, the dealer had it since last June. So, it's an earlier version and I haven't updated anything yet. It flies so well, I'm reluctant to change anything especially after all I've read about problems caused by new updates. If yours does not have the cross on it, you can still imagine it there because it doesn't ever move. You could put a cross on the screen with a marker if you really have to. The green arrow still functions the same.
Yell if you have any questions.
Clem

I wrote an article (attached) explaining the Green Arrow. Having read all the forum postings on the subject, I concluded that there is still a lot of confusion about the purpose of the green arrow and how to interpret it. My article explains what it is, how to use it, why the designers put it in our system, and what you can do with it besides just flying home. Most importantly, I explain the purpose of the little plus sign (cross) in the center of the screen. To understand the green arrow you must understand the cross. It’s much more important than just marking the center of the screen.

Clem Wehner
Lawton, OK
Excellent explanation Clem. I use the arrow frequently simply because I fly in forested areas with no chance of seeing the H past the treetops.
Many people are unaware that Yuneec manufactured manned aircraft long before it designed the Q500. That probably explains why this is the only company that includes the arrow.
BTW, you can expect a firmware release in the coming days. I would wait to do any updates until that is posted.

Clem Wehner
Lawton, OK
Thanx x 100 for this excellent explanation! Great to know! I tried today! :)

Clem Wehner
Lawton, OK

That arc flight is a great tip. I'm new to these machines and I still depend on visual contact with the aircraft to make sure it is where I want it to be, I rarely watch the screen while flying, and this maneuver will be very helpful in case I get visually obstructed some day. I will make sure to practice.

Thank you for the well written and informative information. Yuneec (or any manufacturer) would do well by all of us if they would detail those type of things in an instruction manual. For the cost and technology involved in the TH, it would seem that more detailed manuals would be readily available.

Thank you for the well written and informative information. Yuneec (or any manufacturer) would do well by all of us if they would detail those type of things in an instruction manual. For the cost and technology involved in the TH, it would seem that more detailed manuals would be readily available.

Some of the members are putting together a manual here. Check the Sticky thread at the page top, let them know what you think...

Clem Wehner
Lawton, OK

Just read your article on the green arrow on the ST16. I used it but did not fully appreciate it until you compared it to full-scale aircraft. My Dad had his private pilots license, so that resounded with me. Thank you for sharing your knowledge in such a comprehensive manner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clem Wehner
Lawton, OK
Thank you for your excellent, concise pdf explaining purpose of ST-16 Green Arrow and center cross on screen.
Your time and effort in doing so...will at least keep this pilot from going astray and making the sky and those earth bound safer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval