Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GUI H doesn't connect to PC

Reaction score
I think I have done everyting right according to this exellent video and run as administrator.

[/URL]

The GUI program opens ok but the H and the PC doesn't connect to ea. I have even bought a new USB cable. I use Windows 8.

Am I the problem or.....

Do you have the original USB cable that came with your Typhoon H?

If not, you have to ensure you are using a USB data cable and not just a charging cable. A charging cable lacks the data lines.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Do you have the original USB cable that came with your Typhoon H?

If not, you have to ensure you are using a USB data cable and not just a charging cable. A charging cable lacks the data lines.

Have checked the new cable now, it has datalines.

Try to use USB 2.0 port, for me 3.0 is not working. Also i have to run GUI 'as Administrator' and of course power up the drone and start GUI before connect.

Try to use USB 2.0 port, for me 3.0 is not working. Also i have to run GUI 'as Administrator' and of course power up the drone and start GUI before connect.
Hi, I use a 2.0 and run as Administrator' and of course power up the drone and start GUI before connect. .

Hi again, could my problem be that I run Windows 8.1?

To address your question, I loaded the Typhoon H GUI on a Windows 8.1 laptop.
I started the GUI using "Run as administrator".
Turned on the Typhoon H.
Connected the USB cable.
The GUI instantly recognized the Typhoon H, and is running normally.

I do not believe running Windows 8.1 is a problem.

Turned on the Typhoon H.
Connected the USB cable.

Thanx alot WTFD! One issue less....

Reactions: WTFDproject
When you installed the GUI did it also install the 2017 C++ Redistributable runtimes? There should also have been the drivers for the TH so it is recognized by the computer when connected via USB. Make sure you are using the Serial connection selection in the GUI, not USB (I know it doesn’t make sense, but that is the way it works).

When you installed the GUI did it also install the 2017 C++ Redistributable runtimes? There should also have been the drivers for the TH so it is recognized by the computer when connected via USB. Make sure you are using the Serial connection selection in the GUI, not USB (I know it doesn’t make sense, but that is the way it works).
Thanx DommMeister! That was alot of "hocus-pocus" for me.... I will gently pass that info to my "personal PC Guru"... and will keep you informed ofcourse. ;)

Turned on the Typhoon H.
Connected the USB cable.

This is a very interesting post.
I must say WTFD
You sure go the extra
mile to help. Hats off
to you.
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: Socaljj
Good News!

My Swedish friend in Thailand followed the tips and instructions from DoomMeister and fixed it via TeamView wich means I saw what he did.. WOW! And now it works! Thanx all of you and thanx this Forum!

Reactions: DoomMeister
See post #16

Here's what solved my problem thanx to DoomMeister.

Here's what solved my problem thanx to DoomMeister.

Finally
It is great when people
know their stuff.
Doom has the right stuff.
Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430