Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GUI interface terminals don't match

Your'e correct the connector should have 3 wires (red, white, blue) and should be visible when you open the battery door. The connector cable; are you using the one with the usb connector on one end.

The USB cable is a simple USB to serial converter with FTDI chip.
The driver can be found here: D2XX Direct Drivers

Once the driver is installed correctly then you see another device in device manager section "Port (COM & LPT).

Connect Q500 with USB, start the GUI and then switch on the Q500. It should be recognized on the COM port that is indicated at device manager.

br HE

This has really been a problem. After having downloaded the driver and tried the USB GUI interface plug in several different computers I am convinced that the plug is faulty. It does not show up no matter how I power up the copter or whatever. The LED on the USB plug does not light up and I am unable to connect to the machine to update firmware. Anybody else had this problem? I really think it's a bad GUI cable.

The USB cable is a simple USB to serial converter with FTDI chip.
The driver can be found here: D2XX Direct Drivers

Once the driver is installed correctly then you see another device in device manager section "Port (COM & LPT).

Connect Q500 with USB, start the GUI and then switch on the Q500. It should be recognized on the COM port that is indicated at device manager.

br HE

Did all this. Still nothing showing up when I plug in the cable, and no led on the USB plug.

I use all of this on two MacBooks. I find that restarting my laptop when it won't see my copter in the GUI corrects the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval