Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H camera not pointing forward

Hello, if anyone still looks around here.. I’m having a similar issue and still can’t figure it out. It’s facing about a 45* angle down and I cannot for the life of me find out why. Just started happening. No wrecks.
Need a little more information:
1.) Does the camera tilt move at all?
2.) Can you hear any sound from the motor?
3.) Does the camera move freely when moved by hand? (Be gentle and careful. It may be hung on a very delicate ribbon cable.)
4.) Any beeping sounds?

I have no clue but I am answering you to get some activity on here for you. I know there is a fix for this,I recently seen it on another forum doing a browse through. One of our experts will or should pick this up soon. Keith
Thank you I appreciate it! I have a job coming up mid March and I’m honestly stuck now facing this issue.. A bit worried to say the least!

Need a little more information:
1.) Does the camera tilt move at all?
2.) Can you hear any sound from the motor?
3.) Does the camera move freely when moved by hand? (Be gentle and careful. It may be hung on a very delicate ribbon cable.)
4.) Any beeping sounds?

-the camera tilt moves still to the full pointdown direction but stops as pictured.
-No sounds from the motor.
-it can be moved freely
-no beeping, nothing of that nature
-when I have on the collision avoidance on, it does make a very small, rapid, thumping noise.
If that could be associated with it.

The thumping noise is normal. If you have ears good enough to hear it.

Please understand I have only worked with four of these cameras. But of those 4, three had the issue I am about to describe. Two are now in the junk box because the repair parts are not available to the public.

The thought is that the main camera ribbon may have come loose, and is catching on a particular screw, or on the edge of a plastic plate. Both are located near the final run of the ribbon. The problem seems to occur if the camera ball gets rotated in either direction with enough force to jump past the normal travel stops.

A quick check for the condition MAY be possible by placing your ear very near the left hub, and carefully listening for a slight rubbing or clicking sound as you move the camera up and down by hand. "Left" meaning as viewed from behind the drone/camera.

Actually checking for this condition requires removal of the left arm cover.

Important. Try not to move the camera excessively in relation to the arm. The ribbon is very easy to break, and it can not currently be replaced. The camera is totally useless if you break the ribbon. It may be a better option to send it for repair.
If you choose to attempt the repair, put the gimbal lock in place (if possible) and leave it in place while you are removing the side cover.

1.) Remove the black disk from the arm cover. You're going to do some damage to it. It is held on by very strong glue, and almost no clearance to get under the edge. Be as careful as you can, and maybe only limit the damage to a couple of small nicks. A new set of covers cost about 20$ if you want to return it to new looking condition. If you can find any.
2.) There are two screws under the black disk. Remove them.
3.) Next is a bit of a question. Some cameras, the arm cover just lifts off clean and easy. Other cameras, some black glue got slopped between the main ribbon and the cover. These can be a real pain, and put the ribbon at great risk trying to get them separated. Tilt the cover a little, and carefully try to get the glue off. If you break the ribbon, the camera is pretty much finished.

Once the cover is off, you will see the ribbon run down the side of the brass bearing housing. Follow it down about a half inch, you will see the ribbon make a 90 degree elbow. The area around the elbow is where things hang up. There is a plastic plate below it that gets caught if the ribbon is glued too low on the bearing housing. There is also a screw that gets caught if the ribbon is not glued in tight enough around the edge of the bearing housing. You just have to look, and move the camera ball carefully back and forth until you see if and where the ribbon is hanging. If the ribbon is hanging or rubbing on anything, adjust the position of the ribbon, and glue it in place.

Again, I am not the most familiar in the world with the C23. Maybe someone else can offer something less risky as a remedy.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I’ll check this out tomorrow. The issue that makes me kind of squirmish Is that everything else is fine. Great picture, everything is fine. Except the angle it’s holding, it won’t return to its stationary point. I’ll post tomorrow on what I find and if anything. I’ll try a compass calibration and st16 as well. Doubt it will help but worth a try. Do you or anyone else know how or if you can calibrate the gimbal?

The gimbal calibration is proprietary Yuneec Firmware. It has never been released to the public. You will need to send it to Vertigo Drones in New York state to get it calibrated. They can also take care of the ribbon issue if it exists.
You mentioned great picture. Bear in mind the "camera" and the "gimbal" are two very different things that Yuneec builds into one unit. Causes some confusion. But the only thing they share is the power that runs them. As long as it gets power, the camera part can work fine even if the gimbal part isn't working at all.

Also I should add, on startup all the way up until the controller establishes connection, and the screen loads the camera feed it holds in its correct position

Attachments

• 651D6BD9-2E5E-4EEA-8511-A51DA4561E18.jpeg
    651D6BD9-2E5E-4EEA-8511-A51DA4561E18.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
I Have figured it out. During calibration the left slider was not centered in position. After recalibration at center position on the ST 16 controller calibration test it’s staying in it’s stationary position.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49