Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Height Limit Change Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok so I've update my H to the latest Firmware and loaded the GUI on my PC and when I go in to change the height limit it shows that it is changed. I then disconnect the H thru the software and once that's done I unplug the unit from the pc. I then power cycle the H and turn on the ST16 controller and the height limit still shows 400'. I've done this multiple times and it still doesn't change the setting and I'm not sure why.........anyone else had this problem?

Ok so I've update my H to the latest Firmware and loaded the GUI on my PC and when I go in to change the height limit it shows that it is changed. I then disconnect the H thru the software and once that's done I unplug the unit from the pc. I then power cycle the H and turn on the ST16 controller and the height limit still shows 400'. I've done this multiple times and it still doesn't change the setting and I'm not sure why.........anyone else had this problem?

Are you trying to go higher than 400' ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the new Yuneec height limit with the new firmware. No way around it other then sell your Yuneec Hex and buy something else

Reactions: Grimsin
The hight in GUI is the maximum hight the H will fly. The hight on the st16 is the return to home hight.

NB distance to the horizon at 400ft is 24.5 miles i.e being in Rochdale and seeing to Halifax or Scranton PA to Wilkes Barre PA

The GUI no longer changes the altitude. For any mode. Has anyone tried to set the fence below 400 and see if it works or if the GUI is just being totally overridden?

This is part of the new firmware. Prior to this you could adjust it beyond 400 feet. In another thread it was suggested that this is a mistake and they are "fixing" it but that has yet to be seen.

The GUI no longer changes the altitude. For any mode. Has anyone tried to set the fence below 400 and see if it works or if the GUI is just being totally overridden?

This is part of the new firmware. Prior to this you could adjust it beyond 400 feet. In another thread it was suggested that this is a mistake and they are "fixing" it but that has yet to be seen.
Contact Yuneec. I believe this is a part of the FAA/Civil aviation body regulations including NFZs. I got a file from Yuneec to unlock these restrictions after I sent them a signed indemnification form. I am yet to install this file and I will report once I do this.

400 feet AGL is the max height allowed by the FAA and it is programmed into the firmware. The H won't fly any higher than that.

anyone tried the faa wavier portal before? Is it open yet?

The FAA waiver allows you to fly in restricted areas around airports but it limits height to 30 feet AGL. The only way to go higher is to get a FAA Part 107 License.

The FAA waiver allows you to fly in restricted areas around airports but it limits height to 30 feet AGL. The only way to go higher is to get a FAA Part 107 License.
I don't think that is accurate.... even with the 107 its 400 feet. Maybe we are talking different waivers... The wavier portal is supposed to allow for height distance crowds what ever... depending upon your ability to demonstrate safe control. As far as i can tell... "hobbyists" are not restricted still. The wavier portal is so that walmart and amazon dont have conniption fits....

From what I read, the waiver portal is a process to apply for a one event waiver to fly in a restricted area for a special event. Even a Part 107 licensed pilot would need one of these to fly in certain restricted areas. As far as being able to fly higher than 400 feet it would take a firmware mod to remove the height limit from the H.

From what I read, the waiver portal is a process to apply for a one event waiver to fly in a restricted area for a special event. Even a Part 107 licensed pilot would need one of these to fly in certain restricted areas. As far as being able to fly higher than 400 feet it would take a firmware mod to remove the height limit from the H.

The portal is for Part 107 pilots only (if you are a hobby pilot different rules apply, section 333 pilots limits are part of their application). For the portal you can ask for either an airspace authorization in class B, C, D or E airspace OR a waiver of part 107 rules (flying at night, over people, max height, etc). It's confusing that one portal was created for two different purposes but that's the way it was built. For both airspace and waivers you can request for one date or a date range. The height for airspace is going to depend where in the airspace you are requesting (higher on the edge, lower close to the airport, zero on approaches, ...). For rule waivers you need to specify how you are going to provide for safe operations based on performance based standards (so a night waiver you'd need adequate lighting/strobes, visual observers, pre event survey to identify obstructions, ...).

DJI and other vendors have built-in max height limits based on the FAA 400ft guideline but allow for the limit to be changed on an individual basis. That's understandable as they've going for safety, we don't need a drone taking out a full size aircraft. I'm sure as time progresses the rules will be adjusted - is a fledgling industry so caution is understandable.

PS Above is US only, different rules apply elsewhere.

I changed mine to 70 metres in the GUI and it does exactly that.

DJI give the option after a warning to get free acces of height... no complicate things like yuneec do

Can we back date the update?
Would we need to back date the H or the ST16
or both?
You just need to rollback the Autopilot. Which is in the H. Do so by getting version 3.0 and downgrading autopilot with the file there. If you go to the thread on this site about the firmware youll find everything you need to do this.
New Firmware

I believe as a certified Commercial Pilot under FAA 107 the height restriction is 400" AGL, unless flown within 400' radius of a structure and is not flown higher than 400' above the structure's immediate uppermost limit. So......if you are hired to inspect the roof of a skyscraper that is 1000' tall, you can fly up to 400' over that building or 1400'. This is as long as it is not restricted airspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex