Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H plus 5 min video ??

Reaction score
Hi guys, help required !!
If I shoot video (not 4k) of approximately 12mins, it shows on my computer as 3 separate mp4 files, instead of 1 continuous video, each mp4 file shows 934mb & 5.01 minutes
How do I take a continuous recording, it's almost as if the camera stops & restarts exactly at 5.01 mins
I will apologise in advance as I am no computer boffin, but would appreciate any help given

It is broken up into 5 minute segments... but if you combine them in a video editor you will have a continuous video.

Thanks for the reply, I will have to get my head round this video editor
Just another part of the learning curve. If you plan to shot video you will need to learn how to use a video editor. Otherwise you will be the only person who will watch your videos. No one wants to watch a video longer than a couple of minutes.

There is a free download called "Video cutter joiner". I use it to join and copy aerial video files.
I also record with a cheap clone camera attached to my hat. That narration becomes my flight log.
Here is about 10 minutes of video compressed with the editor to 5 minutes.

Reactions: Avgjoe and Stevewh
I personally like it broken down. I find it more useful when editing. As Eagle's Eye Video related you can always join them in post.

Hi guys, help required !!
If I shoot video (not 4k) of approximately 12mins, it shows on my computer as 3 separate mp4 files, instead of 1 continuous video, each mp4 file shows 934mb & 5.01 minutes
How do I take a continuous recording, it's almost as if the camera stops & restarts exactly at 5.01 mins
I will apologise in advance as I am no computer boffin, but would appreciate any help given
What computer do you have? What version of operating software do you have? I make videos all the time longer then 5 minutes always 4K you should not have to combine, I never do.

What computer do you have? What version of operating software do you have? I make videos all the time longer then 5 minutes always 4K you should not have to combine, I never do.

He is talking about the original video files from the C23 camera (and to my knowledge, all Yuneec cameras), which are always split up into 5 minute clips.

Thanks for all your help, always appreciated, will restrict video use to 5 mins until I get used to video editor

OH I see, I have an H520 does not split just records until i stop.

Edward,

Have you found a camera setting unknown to the rest of us?

Eagle’s Eye states a few posts previous that all Yuneec cameras record in 5 minute segments unless terminated early.

I just went back and double checked some video from my H520/E50 combo: sure enough, 5 minute segments like every other video I have from a CGO3+, to my mantis q, to my H520 E50.

Not that I want longer segments, as I consider the 5 minute cut-off a safety feature for dummies like me who occasionally forget to stop the recording before powering of the aircraft, I just want to ensure we’re all up to speed on possible settings.

Thanks!

Jeff

P.S. before anyone repeats the “just power up the aircraft again, start and stop a recording...” line, that trick works (sometimes) with the CGO3+, but does not work for every camera. At least not my E50.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop