Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H plus charger only balance

Reaction score
I need your help. today I put my batteries to charge and the charger does not go from balancing. I tried my three batteries and the same thing happens.
Help me

Did you unplug the charger and then plug it back in?
What is the light sequence that you see?

yes, unplug it and plug it in again, several times, it is flashing green and red.
Clean the small pins on the charger and the batteries with a pencil eraser. Then plug in a battery and leave it even if the red/green led's are flashing. That may be perfectly normal operation. Balance charging is a function of the charger.

Clean the small pins on the charger and the batteries with a pencil eraser. Then plug in a battery and leave it even if the red/green led's are flashing. That may be perfectly normal operation. Balance charging is a function of the charger.
If the batteries were charged to full capacity and stored, they may be at a charge level where all that is needed is to balance the cells.

I would strongly urge you to get a charger that allows you place the batteries at storage charge when not in use.

Thank you very much, I'm going to do it, I understand that the balance process is normal but it has remained in that state for approximately 4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
If the batteries were charged to full capacity and stored, they may be at a charge level where all that is needed is to balance the cells.

I would strongly urge you to get a charger that allows you place the batteries at storage charge when not in use.
Thanks for the response, is it normal to remain in balance mode for 4 hours? Can you explain to me about the charger you mention? Cheers

Thanks for the response, is it normal to remain in balance mode for 4 hours? Can you explain to me about the charger you mention? Cheers
Being in balance mode that long leads me to speculate that you have battery packs with cells of greatly different internal resistance.

1579450849586.png
Take notice of the pins in this adapter cable (photo from Yuneec.pl website) for the TH Plus/H520 batteries. The outer connectors are the main +/- terminals that on the battery connect to the aircraft to provide power. The terminal that is perpendicular to the others is the V+ and the one that is parallel is V-. The others are terminals between cells that allow balance charging.

You can use a voltmeter to measure the cell voltages. They should measure within 0.01V of each other. Measure from the V- terminal to the next terminal being careful not to short the test leads. Then move to measure between the 2nd and 3rd terminals, 3rd and 4th, and lastly 4th to 5th. If you are seeing variances of 0.1V or greater the batteries are likely damaged to a point they will not balance.

Another thing to consider with the OEM charger is to firmly push the battery into the charger to ensure it is fully seated on the contacts.

For a start with third party chargers to use and learning how to properly care for the LiPo batteries see this thread. LiPo battery care

Battery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The above cable can be used, the smaller black balance plug inserts in the side, with a battery checker, a simple device which gives you the essential info on voltages etc, a while back Steve Carr mentioned them I bought a couple so far so good.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The above cable can be used, the smaller black balance plug inserts in the side, with a battery checker, a simple device which gives you the essential info on voltages etc, a while back Steve Carr mentioned them I bought a couple so far so good.
You can also check the internal resistance of each cell.

it can be hit and miss whether you get the models to measure IR, even though in the description they say they perform that function. Good old Amazon.
I think there are two versions of that meter. I looked for the one that specifically mentions battery IR function.

Reactions: John Hennessy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval