Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus gimbal buzz

Reaction score
So this evening while exploring the different pan and tilt modes indoors, it afforded me enough quiet time to notice that the gimbal buzzes and has a very subtle vibration when the camera is pointed horizontally. At the 30° up angle or at a down angle the noise stops. I found one YouTube video where someone had the same issue with a GCO3 gimbal. Comments on the video indicated another view has their in for repair for the same issue while another view indicated that they all do it. Insight? Thanks.

Never mind. Upon further research, apparently this has Been caused by the most recent update. Moderators you may delete this please.

So this evening while exploring the different pan and tilt modes indoors, it afforded me enough quiet time to notice that the gimbal buzzes and has a very subtle vibration when the camera is pointed horizontally. At the 30° up angle or at a down angle the noise stops. I found one YouTube video where someone had the same issue with a GCO3 gimbal. Comments on the video indicated another view has their in for repair for the same issue while another view indicated that they all do it. Insight? Thanks.

I also have a Plus and have updated but am one that did NOT get the gimbal problems. However I was thinking about posting that my standard H also, from time to time, boots up with an issue I believe is the same. It is a very high pitched squeal or vibration from the gimbal. I have learned to either reboot the aircraft or at times just physically moving the camera has stopped the sound. I am not suggesting anyone try this, it is just an observation. Hopefully Yuneec will get this fixed in the next update.

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
I think it's best to leave your post active so that other came find it when doing a search for the same issue.

Sounds good. I sent their support group an email as well as a post on the FB page. I also messaged them via IG.

I also have a Plus and have updated but am one that did NOT get the gimbal problems. However I was thinking about posting that my standard H also, from time to time, boots up with an issue I believe is the same. It is a very high pitched squeal or vibration from the gimbal. I have learned to either reboot the aircraft or at times just physically moving the camera has stopped the sound. I am not suggesting anyone try this, it is just an observation. Hopefully Yuneec will get this fixed in the next update.

Hopefully sooner than later. The buzz and vibration can't be good for the gimbal motors. I'm simply going to leave the camera pointed downward for now but am strongly considering taking it back for a replacement. I have a strong relationship with the local Best Buy store so I really don't want to do that to them but $1800 is tough to just look and not be able to fully utilize.

I told my wife about the firmware update... I barely got 3 more sentences out before she boxed it up and took it back for an exchange. I have an open ticket with Yuneec. I'll post their response.

If you’re like most males married for a long time I’ll almost bet your response to that action was “yes dear, thank you luv”;)

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
If you’re like most males married for a long time I’ll almost bet your response to that action was “yes dear, thank you luv”;)

Indeed!

Looks like Yuneec is aware of the firmware issue...

"We are working on an a firmware to fix that issue.If you like you can send the camera in for calibrations. We apologize for the inconvenience if you have any question give us a call"

I really lucked out in the marriage department. I'm looking at the H+ and also another drone, trying to decide between them. I mentioned this to the wife and she says "Why don't you just get both of them?" Am I lucky, or what?

I mentioned this to the wife and she says "Why don't you just get both of them?" Am I lucky, or what?

In my house if the wife discovers the cost of a newly purchased drone that cost becomes justification to go on a shopping spree to spend double that amount in getting even. Buying two drones would be like having a gift heaven sent....

I can hear it now; “you should get both honey” with a shopping mall nirvana look on her face.

In my house if the wife discovers the cost of a newly purchased drone that cost becomes justification to go on a shopping spree to spend double that amount in getting even. Buying two drones would be like having a gift heaven sent....

I can hear it now; “you should get both honey” with a shopping mall nirvana look on her face.

Fortunately my wife doesn't think like that. She would rather buy presents for friends and family than to spend money on herself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece