Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus in high winds

Reaction score
I went flying today with my Bugs 4 and my H Plus. The wind was 30 plus kilometers hp with gusts hitting almost 40 Kph. Yel was I mad or what?
I tuck the bugs 4 up first and it seemed to handle the wind well until I almost couldn't bring it back from a downwind turn. Full stick forward on high power and it inched its self back, I landed it as soon as I could before well I lost it!.
Well I know why you are reading this you want to know what happened to the H plus ?
I started the Plus up and lifer off without problems and tried to keep it up wind. She flu well considering the conditions but once again I found trying to make headway from a downhill run was painful. 'Ding' you know when the light bulb flashes in your brain ah S**t High speed and sport mode was off. Well yes things improved no end but when I turned off OBS avoidance she flue wonderfully and handled the wind as if it wasn't bad weather at all ?. She lands beautifully even in strong wind.
So the moral of the story is don't be afraid of a little wind when you have a super H plus machine get out there and practice, practice and have fun and keep yourself on your toes.
Regards.
Mike Irish. Yes from Ireland. ??

I agree with you. I live in Florida and put my H plus up in 30 mph winds. I have some video of trees bending and my H was solid with no video flutter. I wanted to see how it would perform. I kept it up for 15 minutes before I landed. I was impressed with the handling.

I agree with you. I live in Florida and put my H plus up in 30 mph winds. I have some video of trees bending and my H was solid with no video flutter. I wanted to see how it would perform. I kept it up for 15 minutes before I landed. I was impressed with the handling.

Yes John it is amazing flying machine for sure. I run two batteries almost flat as ashe was running at full power for allot of the time,but it was fun and a pleasant learning experience. I flus RC aerobatics and scale models for years but that was some then or fifteen years ago now, but as the say you never forget it's like riding a bike o_O
PS. When I find some time I will post a video of the flight.
Regards.
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: 7cyclops
It's been stated the plus can easily handle 50 mph

Hi Jonnu. I think you might have gotten your max speed mixed up? I have taken this from the Yuneec website. Now if as you say the Plus can fly easily if 50 mph winds yell then the max speed of the drone must be at least 70 mph in my eyes o_O?
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Typhoon-H-Plus-front-2a96712f.png

YUNTYHPEU
Typhoon H Plus Hexacopter, C23 camera, ST16S remote control, 2x battery, charger, neck strap and sun shield for ST16S, SD card and other accessories.
YUNTYHPREU
Typhoon H Plus with Intel® RealSense™ Technology, C23 camera, ST16S remote control, 2x battery, charger, neck strap and sun shield for ST16S, SD card and other accessories.
YUNTYHPRBPEU
Typhoon H Plus with Intel® RealSense™ Technology, backpack, C23 camera, ST16S remote control, 2x battery, charger, neck strap and sun shield for ST16S, SD card and other accessories.

Aircraft
WEIGHT1,9 kg (with C23) / 2,06 kg (with C23 and RealSense module)
DIAGONAL LENGTH (WITHOUT ROTOR BLADES)520 mm
FLIGHT TIMEUp to 25 min (with C23)
MAXIMUM RATE OF ASCENT4 m/s
MAXIMUM RATE OF DESCENT2,5 m/s
MAXIMUM FLIGHT SPEEDSport Mode: 72 km/h // Angle Mode: 50 km/h
MAXIMUM FLYING ALTITUDE500 m
MOTORS730kV
BATTERY4S 5250mAh LiPo
CHARGERSC4000-4H
OPERATING TEMPERATURE0°C - 40°C
Obstacle Avoidance
SENSORUltrasonic Sensor
FLIGHT SPEED4 m/s
OPERATING ENVIRONMENTHeight > 1,5 m / Distance to obstacles < 5 m

It's been stated the plus can easily handle 50 mph

Hi Jonnu. I think you might have gotten your max speed mixed up? here are the specks of the H Plus from the Yuneec website. Now if as you say the Plus can fly easily if 50 mph winds yell then the max speed of the drone must be at least 70 mph in my eyes o_O?
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Typhoon-H-Plus-front-2a96712f.png

YUNTYHPEU
Typhoon H Plus Hexacopter, C23 camera, ST16S remote control, 2x battery, charger, neck strap and sun shield for ST16S, SD card and other accessories.
YUNTYHPREU
Typhoon H Plus with Intel® RealSense™ Technology, C23 camera, ST16S remote control, 2x battery, charger, neck strap and sun shield for ST16S, SD card and other accessories.
YUNTYHPRBPEU
Typhoon H Plus with Intel® RealSense™ Technology, backpack, C23 camera, ST16S remote control, 2x battery, charger, neck strap and sun shield for ST16S, SD card and other accessories.

Aircraft
WEIGHT1,9 kg (with C23) / 2,06 kg (with C23 and RealSense module)
DIAGONAL LENGTH (WITHOUT ROTOR BLADES)520 mm
FLIGHT TIMEUp to 25 min (with C23)
MAXIMUM RATE OF ASCENT4 m/s
MAXIMUM RATE OF DESCENT2,5 m/s
MAXIMUM FLIGHT SPEEDSport Mode: 72 km/h // Angle Mode: 50 km/h ;)
MAXIMUM FLYING ALTITUDE500 m
MOTORS730kV
BATTERY4S 5250mAh LiPo
CHARGERSC4000-4H
OPERATING TEMPERATURE0°C - 40°C
Obstacle Avoidance
SENSORUltrasonic Sensor
FLIGHT SPEED4 m/s
OPERATING ENVIRONMENTHeight > 1,5 m / Distance to obstacles < 5 m

Not yuneec, which I believe they stated 35 mph, but there was a couple of posts here or the FB groups that stated that. Also if I'm not mistaken one flew in a storm ? I really dont believe it believe it, but that was said ? **** I've only flown in 15mph no need to test the limits unless yuneec sends me a free one

Reactions: Mike Irish
Not yuneec, which I believe they stated 35 mph, but there was a couple of posts here or the FB groups that stated that. Also if I'm not mistaken one flew in a storm ? I really dont believe it believe it, but that was said ? **** I've only flown in 15mph no need to test the limits unless yuneec sends me a free one

Hi Johnny. I wouldn't knock the H Plus it is an amazingly stable flying drone but like you I wouldn't push my luck with winds much over 30 kilometers per hour ?‍✈️.
The hole point of my post was to highlight the importance of changing your flight settings. It is very important to turn OFF the OBS avoidance and turn on the high speed mode.
Hope this helps others.
Regards.

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Dmk90 and johnnyb57
I've flown mine in 20-25 MPH winds with gusts to 30-35.

It handled it. Pretty wobbly but it did fly. Ate the battery up! 8 min flight.

I've flown mine in 20-25 MPH winds with gusts to 30-35.

It handled it. Pretty wobbly but it did fly. Ate the battery up! 8 min
flight.
Hi Fred. Yes the higher stress sure sicks the power from those batteries.
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
Yuneec's max advertised speed of 72 Km/h or 44.7387 Mph. Yuneec must be must be very conservative with their speed ratings? Everyone seems to to have a much higher max figure. ?
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
Hi Johnny. I wouldn't knock the H Plus it is an amazingly stable flying drone but like you I wouldn't push my luck with winds much over 30 kilometers per hour ?‍✈️.
The hole point of my post was to highlight the importance of changing your flight settings. It is very important to turn OFF the OBS avoidance and turn on the high speed mode.
Hope this helps others.
Regards.

Mike
Agreed, the OBS of the typhoon needs 5 m before reacting to obstacles which is fine in Angle mode.
So OBS and Sport mode are not compatible and switching off OBS will permit higher speeds.

I went flying today with my Bugs 4 and my H Plus. The wind was 30 plus kilometers hp with gusts hitting almost 40 Kph. Yel was I mad or what?
I tuck the bugs 4 up first and it seemed to handle the wind well until I almost couldn't bring it back from a downwind turn. Full stick forward on high power and it inched its self back, I landed it as soon as I could before well I lost it!.
Well I know why you are reading this you want to know what happened to the H plus [emoji120]
I started the Plus up and lifer off without problems and tried to keep it up wind. She flu well considering the conditions but once again I found trying to make headway from a downhill run was painful. 'Ding' you know when the light bulb flashes in your brain ah S**t High speed and sport mode was off. Well yes things improved no end but when I turned off OBS avoidance she flue wonderfully and handled the wind as if it wasn't bad weather at all [emoji41]. She lands beautifully even in strong wind.
So the moral of the story is don't be afraid of a little wind when you have a super H plus machine get out there and practice, practice and have fun and keep yourself on your toes.
Regards.
Mike Irish. Yes from Ireland. [emoji1132]

Guess I’ll rehash a dead thread because, well...I’m like that...anyway, your first post struck a chord with me bit in that when you shutoff Realsense module off it flew better. I just uninstalled my real sense module tonight and before it was on the plus, whether turned on or off, the plus flew weird...jerky motions, stuttering a bit etc, just didn’t feel like I believed it should have flown based on all the plus owners’ testimonials. I flew for the first time uninstalled and it was like a different aircraft, Rock steady, no jerky motions or stuttering. I couldn’t believe what a difference it made. I suspected there was something wrong with my real sense from the first time I flew it, and the weird pinging noise coming out of it when turned on (though Steve Carr said he’s heard that before and thought it was normal). I don’t know, I can say it flies completely different with it off. I know the drone will fly differently regardless, just based on more weight, and it was obviously louder with it installed, but uninstalling turned my plus into a completely different aircraft. My plus would also stop moving forward at times with RS turned on, which is quite common as it has remnants of old flying areas which sometimes tricks it into believing it’s flown in that same area that once had obstacles around....or termed another way- ghosts.

Anyway, just thought I’d chime in

Guess I’ll rehash a dead thread because, well...I’m like that...anyway, your first post struck a chord with me bit in that when you shutoff Realsense module off it flew better. I just uninstalled my real sense module tonight and before it was on the plus, whether turned on or off, the plus flew weird...jerky motions, stuttering a bit etc, just didn’t feel like I believed it should have flown based on all the plus owners’ testimonials. I flew for the first time uninstalled and it was like a different aircraft, Rock steady, no jerky motions or stuttering. I couldn’t believe what a difference it made. I suspected there was something wrong with my real sense from the first time I flew it, and the weird pinging noise coming out of it when turned on (though Steve Carr said he’s heard that before and thought it was normal). I don’t know, I can say it flies completely different with it off. I know the drone will fly differently regardless, just based on more weight, and it was obviously louder with it installed, but uninstalling turned my plus into a completely different aircraft. My plus would also stop moving forward at times with RS turned on, which is quite common as it has remnants of old flying areas which sometimes tricks it into believing it’s flown in that same area that once had obstacles around....or termed another way- ghosts.

Anyway, just thought I’d chime in

Hi Done G. I hadn't any problems with the Real sense at that time and still don't. By design when turned on it will reduce the main speed I suppose it is to enable it to stop the drone before it hits something at high speed! Because the wind was faster than the speed of the drone I turned off the real sense to allow the drone to travel faster than the wind was blowing. I use the Real senas when I am flying near or around obstacles like trees bushes or buildings as it is meant to be used for. Tell me at what height did you notice you had your problems. I don't fly fast with the real sense turned on if I need to fly under 30ft as it will fals trigger when the Drone tilts forward.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Hi Done G. I hadn't any problems with the Real sense at that time and still don't. By design when turned on it will reduce the main speed I suppose it is to enable it to stop the drone before it hits something at high speed! Because the wind was faster than the speed of the drone I turned off the real sense to allow the drone to travel faster than the wind was blowing. I use the Real senas when I am flying near or around obstacles like trees bushes or buildings as it is meant to be used for. Tell me at what height did you notice you had your problems. I don't fly fast with the real sense turned on if I need to fly under 30ft as it will fals trigger when the Drone tilts forward.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Ahh, gotcha. Makes sense. My problems were at all heights. Could just be another gremlin we all live with being H owners

Ahh, gotcha. Makes sense. My problems were at all heights. Could just be another gremlin we all live with being H owners
The Real sense module are about €350 to replace and should work fine. If it were me I would inform Yuneec of the shop you purchased it from of the problem and have them replace it for a fully working unit.
Mike

Well I know why you are reading this you want to know what happened to the H plus ?
I started the Plus up and lifer off without problems and tried to keep it up wind. She flu well considering the conditions but once again I found trying to make headway from a downhill run was painful. 'Ding' you know when the light bulb flashes in your brain ah S**t High speed and sport mode was off. Well yes things improved no end but when I turned off OBS avoidance she flue wonderfully and handled the wind as if it wasn't bad weather at all ?. She lands beautifully even in strong wind.
Regards.
Mike Irish. Yes from Ireland. ??
There is only us and the wind the winds the boy
Irish weather

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt