Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H pro retractable Legs "half way stuck"

Reaction score
I had an issue with the legs would not go up or down, they were in different positions, tried to lightly tap but nothing, I remember that Doommeister had a thread on how to clean the micro SD card by using an plastic safe contact cleaner, I removed both of the legs and spray the contact cleaner on both the legs contact areas and where they fit into the H also using a soft cotton bud, reassembled and they worked first time - just a small bit of info, incase someone find it useful.

Thanks Doommeister for the info. ref. contact cleaner

I had an issue with the legs would not go up or down, they were in different positions, tried to lightly tap but nothing, I remember that Doommeister had a thread on how to clean the micro SD card by using an plastic safe contact cleaner, I removed both of the legs and spray the contact cleaner on both the legs contact areas and where they fit into the H also using a soft cotton bud, reassembled and they worked first time - just a small bit of info, incase someone find it useful.

Before you used contact cleaner, did you first try having the H powered on, flip it upside down and then try to raise and lower the landing gear?

Usually this problem is related to a dirty mechanism. When dirt sticks to the lubricants the mechanism will become harder to move. Since the Yuneec drones determine the end points by the current drawn it will stop the mechanism. Your method most likely worked because contact cleaner contains several chemicals which have a very low viscosity and dissolve oil. I assume it leaked inside the mechanism and washed away the lubricants together with the dirt. As a result the mechanism is now working again. Still I would not recommend to do it this way.

What I would usually do is disassembling the whole mechanism and cleaning of the lead screw inside using isopropyl alcohol. Afterwards you can lubricate it with some grease but only use a very small amount. Too much will just attract dirt. If you feel confident to disassemble it any further you can do the same thing with the bearings since they have no covers. Take care when assembling the thrust bearing since it is directional.

I do not recommend to clean the motor or its gears. Most of the gears are spinning to fast so no lubricant will stick to them. If they fail just replace the unit. They are called N20 and are very cheap to source online.

Thank you for this info. I encounter this problem all too often.
for now i just use the back tactic then up and down the landing gear, it works fine.
But if the frequency picks up, I'll proceed with a careful cleaning.

Contact cleaner is fine for the external contacts that mate with the spring tensioned contacts inside the aircraft. I would not advise it inside the actuator body. For that I recommend the approach used by @jannislh in post #4.

Contact cleaner is fine for the external contacts that mate with the spring tensioned contacts inside the aircraft. I would not advise it inside the actuator body. For that I recommend the approach used by @jannislh in post #4.
I my issue was that the contacts between the legs and the contacts within the H was the issue, i did not spray any amount inside the body only on a soft cotton bud then clean the inside of the contact point of the H and the outside of the legs , that's all i did

Usually this problem is related to a dirty mechanism. When dirt sticks to the lubricants the mechanism will become harder to move. Since the Yuneec drones determine the end points by the current drawn it will stop the mechanism. Your method most likely worked because contact cleaner contains several chemicals which have a very low viscosity and dissolve oil. I assume it leaked inside the mechanism and washed away the lubricants together with the dirt. As a result the mechanism is now working again. Still I would not recommend to do it this way.

What I would usually do is disassembling the whole mechanism and cleaning of the lead screw inside using isopropyl alcohol. Afterwards you can lubricate it with some grease but only use a very small amount. Too much will just attract dirt. If you feel confident to disassemble it any further you can do the same thing with the bearings since they have no covers. Take care when assembling the thrust bearing since it is directional.

I do not recommend to clean the motor or its gears. Most of the gears are spinning to fast so no lubricant will stick to them. If they fail just replace the unit. They are called N20 and are very cheap to source online.
Thank you for your input, however as stated i have only clean the electronic contact points of both contact areas that is all

For what it's worth, we had landing gear issues after our H520E had been dropped. You could hear the motors working, but nothing happened. After ordering new actuators and a pretty easy install, I took apart the old ones. I was impressed with the quality of the internal parts but found that the issue was where the gearbox connects to the motor. They are paired with 2 small screws and after the drop these screws had gotten loose and this prevented the teeth of the pinion gear (off of the motor driveshaft) from connecting to the gearbox. After tightening the assembly, everything worked as expected.

For what it's worth, we had landing gear issues after our H520E had been dropped. You could hear the motors working, but nothing happened. After ordering new actuators and a pretty easy install, I took apart the old ones. I was impressed with the quality of the internal parts but found that the issue was where the gearbox connects to the motor. They are paired with 2 small screws and after the drop these screws had gotten loose and this prevented the teeth of the pinion gear (off of the motor driveshaft) from connecting to the gearbox. After tightening the assembly, everything worked as expected.
All excellent information, that's what makes this forum so awesome

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval