Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Pro vs H..... I prefer the H for now.

RBC

Reaction score
I just returned my H Pro to the retailer for a refund. I have owned both the H and the H Pro as well as the Phantom 4 which I had purchased in March when it was first released. I returned the Phantom 4 to the Apple Store when I became aware of the H and could not wait for it to be released. I love so many things about the design of the H. My must haves are the retractible landing gear and the 360 degree camera gimbal. I also like the ST 16 with the built in monitor. So, I am looking forward to buying a new and improved H Pro down the road.

I posted on this forum about my scary experience with my H Pro flyaway. I think this must have been due to a faulty GPS module. But the experience was enough to change my "love of flying" to a "fear of flying". I just did not feel I could trust the H or H Pro for now until Yuneec gets them built with more reliability.

However, that said, for now I would prefer the H over the H Pro and here's why. The H Pro is heavier with the Intel Real Sense and IPS modules. That makes it louder and also results in a shorter flight time by about 5 minutes. I was able to get an 18 minute flight time until 14.7v with the H. With the H Pro, my flight time until 14.7 v was about 13 minutes. I was also disappointed with Real Sense. I love the concept of Real Sense but the current version is not robust enough. I am sure it will get better in future versions, but for now it works but the H must fly very slow ( 7mph) while in Real Sense mode because it needs time to see and react to obstacles.

Reactions: QuadBart and Eric
Thank's, but i don't understand: my Typhoon H normal (not pro version) weighs 1972 grs with ND filter (4grs) ??

RBC thanks for postings. Will I be able to disconnect the real sense and the IPS? The reason I'm asking, is it or should I say does it have the ability to separate the real cents and the IPS? You might not know the answer to this question since you bought the pro with real sense. I plan on buying the add thank you for the posting RBC thank you very much since the module for the real sense and the IPS. The additional weight savings might not be there but then again it might. Thank you for the postings hmmm this give me a lot to chew on in my mind. I plan on buying the real sense and IPS as soon as it is released in the US.

Thank's, but i don't understand: my Typhoon H normal (not pro version) weighs 1972 grs with ND filter (4grs) ??

And that's what I get for using figures supplied publicly at some point by YUNEEC!

I just got out my scales, checked for accuracy. My Pro with stock battery, weighs 2187 grams.
You say your regular H weighs 1972, you also used scales I'm sure. Based on our figures, the Pro weighs 215 grams more, almost 11%. Does this sound correct to you?

Yuneec's 22 minutes may be based on tarmac time, lol...

RBC thanks for postings. Will I be able to disconnect the real sense and the IPS? The reason I'm asking, is it or should I say does it have the ability to separate the real cents and the IPS? You might not know the answer to this question since you bought the pro with real sense. I plan on buying the add thank you for the posting RBC thank you very much since the module for the real sense and the IPS. The additional weight savings might not be there but then again it might. Thank you for the postings hmmm this give me a lot to chew on in my mind. I plan on buying the real sense and IPS as soon as it is released in the US.

I don't know for sure but I would think you could disconnect Real Sense and the IPS module could still work. I would call Yuneec to be certain.

Yes Rayray, it seems correct as overweight this 215 grs, but i never see the kit real sense + IPS

Reactions: Rayray
They(Yuneec) have given us so much miss information for so long that it comes easy to them. Today is 29 August 2016 has anyone checked to see if the real sense and IPS are available?

Thanks for your review! I had not considered the "shorter flight times" due to the added weight of the realsense and IPS unit.

What you state is how I feel about the "H" in general. Some minor kinks to work out, its great conceptually does fairly decent, but it feels like a very "early" release. I think giving it a little time to mature like DJI has done with their Phantom line will help iron out some of these early issues...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval