Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H+ vs P4P - Obstacle Avoidance

Alright, my 1.99 cents.

Prior to watching the video and just looking at the specs from this link DJI Mavic 2 Pro CP.MA.00000019.01 B&H Photo Video the Mavic 2 seems to blow the H Plus away. I was impressed.

Prior experience : I had options back in the day to pick up and shoot the Hasselblad for my field work but almost always choose Leica. The Hasselblad lenses are superb, but the camera feel, use, approachability were never in the same league. Given those Hasselblad were 2 1/4" negative, the Leica's in the field with a specific lens could perform very close. I don't think Hasselblad strength is software or hardware sensors.

After watching the video :
1) I have not seen any of the C23 videos that had as much stuttering with moving items in the frame, i.e., cars, both vertically and horizontally. Is this due to a slow sim card? Jitter, jitter, jitter.
2) Over contrast. Slight, but it seems to be a DJI constant that their processing always has a little bit to much contrast. Probably to make it appear sharper. This video has that.
3) Color depth looks really good.
4) Does not appear as sharp as the C23.
5) If his facetime footage was captured by the Hasselblad, I would buy it instantly.
6) I am not sure I would have bought the H Plus had that been the video @Ty Pilot shot.
7) Obviously he has only a couple days on it, but so do we. One, two, three batteries of flight time and the actual video seems better with the C23 and the H Plus.

One thing that DJI has done brilliantly from a marketing standpoint with the Mavic2 is the partnering with Hasselblad. Now the DJI faithful can stick a Hasselblad feather in their photography cap. After seeing the video . . . . meh. :p

Glider a good point. The Mavic is easily portable for those having that need. Nothing has changed in that respect from the first Mavic.

Then again, the Anafi is even smaller and presents the user with better looking “ out of the camera” imagery for half the money, and has a look up gimbal for more strength. It does not handle as much wind though and has a few minutes less flight time.

The best camera is still the one you have with you when you want to capture the moment. All the high end specs in the world mean little if the image is bad.

Reactions: Rubik
If you can put up with Casey Neistat, check out the linked video. He did a nice job of comparing the 3 Mavics in excellent lighting conditions. In my opinion, there's not a lot separating them. He, of course, choose one of the new ones as his favorite (no spoiler alert). Of course, the good lighting makes any camera look better.

Glider a good point. The Mavic is easily portable for those having that need. Nothing has changed in that respect from the first Mavic.

Then again, the Anafi is even smaller and presents the user with better looking “ out of the camera” imagery for half the money, and has a look up gimbal for more strength. It does not handle as much wind though and has a few minutes less flight time.

The best camera is still the one you have with you when you want to capture the moment. All the high end specs in the world mean little if the image is bad.

As you know I am not a photographer. If the picture quality is good, that satisfies me, but I am still more interested in substance.

I nearly bought the Anafi just last week. However, I just don't see it holding up in wind. A few YT videos verified that. It looks like an excellent value for $700, but I fly on the big lakes and the wind comes up quick.

The MP is actually pretty good in wind. The Phantom is like a brick, but will take it. I have to believe the MP2 is better than anything DJI has to offer in that price range. The H, and presumably the HP, is simply fabulous in the wind.

If Yuneec gets their head screwed on straight with the software and a few more features, I'd probably go for the HP even though I know it means more backpack drudgery.

“Yuneec” and “getting their head on straight” are not usually things used together in a positive leaning conversation. Not for a little more than the past year anyway.

Alfred Eisenstaedt, one of the best Life photographers, always carried a Kodak Instamatic with him. One of his most famous Life cover shots was taken with it when he was walking on a beach in the evening with his family; I do forget which cover.

The camera that made photography possible for everybody; the Kodak Instamatic 110. I wonder how many million family portraits were shot with that little thing?

I priced out a Mavic 2 with all the accessories I expect I’d want; batteries, case, warranty/repair. It came in just under $2400 pre-tax! That’s Inspire country.

Did I read Hasselblad did the sensor? Did they do the lens, gimbal et. al.?

The sensor is undoubtedly manufactured by Sony. The lens and software that makes the camera work is Hasselblad or they wouldn’t put their name on it.

I would imagine that DJI has the skills to build the gimbal.

Just pop your first flight videos in here to let us see.

My decision has nothing to do with picture or video quality or the airframe itself. The entire package is amazing. It simply does not have the feature set that I am looking for. To my own fault, I assumed it would have the same feature set as the original H.

That is precisely what I’m waiting for.

That and for the bug reports and dropped from the sky reports to be addressed with reliable firmware release(s).

The H+ looks like it will be a winner but I'm not willing to bet my wallet on one yet.

Last edited:
Pat, you've nailed it on the obvious.

The camera by Hasselblad with aperture control, Hlog for video and solid dynamic range is impressive though. Reviews will reveal show how impressive it might be.

As you've mentioned there are many shortcomings to the Mavic Pro 2. It will not stand toe to toe with the H+ for many reasons.

The size and camera though will be 2 BIG selling points. For those of us who would like a smaller, capable camera drone in addition to an H or H+ this will be a consideration.
My H+/ST16S arrived from Yuneec repair on Monday (had to be returned to have the OS reflashed on the ST16S). Finally had a chance today to fly it after almost a month - what a joy :) .
My only issue with the H+ (remember, I'm an amateur and am not pushing some of the H+ capabilities very hard) is portability. For the flying I'm doing now, travel portability is not an issue so I'm happy. However, international plane flights are inevitably going to happen in the future (even just to Bonaire and back) so I'm looking for a supplement to the H+. The Mavic 2 Pro ALMOST meets my criteria except for one of my idiosyncrasies - I hate the jitter I see in 30 fps videos and DJI crippled the Mavic 2 Pro by not including 4K60 fps. Today I made a couple of vids on the H+ to test my sensitivity to the 30 fps jitter issue. Slow panning and moving objects both created unacceptable results (for me) at 30 fps but looked just fine at 60 fps. At this point, the only portable UAV that might address my sensitivity appears to be the Autel EVO which provides 4K/60 fps. An EVO with the 1" sensor and 4K/60 fps would be great!

Pat, you've nailed it on the obvious.

The camera by Hasselblad with aperture control, Hlog for video and solid dynamic range is impressive though. Reviews will reveal show how impressive it might be.

As you've mentioned there are many shortcomings to the Mavic Pro 2. It will not stand toe to toe with the H+ for many reasons.

The size and camera though will be 2 BIG selling points. For those of us who would like a smaller, capable camera drone in addition to an H or H+ this will be a consideration.

The Mavic 2 pro is more then the double in price with the Parrot Anafi
I'm buying a Anafi

Marnix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nashamukti52