Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 and Leica

Reaction score
Any chance the H3 camera will be compatible with the 520?

How does the Leica camera stack up to the E90. Is it an upgrade or is it the same?

No, the Leica will not be compatible with the H520, in the same way that the E90 will not be mounted on the H3.
This has always been the policy of Yunnec, each camera has its camera to believe that the drone is mounted around the camera.....

I'm sure the H3 is the reason why they don't give the H520 photographic capabilities. This month it's been 2 years since it was released and they still haven't fulfilled what they promised us before releasing it to the market, which would be a drone with many features, including being a video/photo drone.

I have been seeing more features come up with updates. But finding out what any updates do has been had to find out since I hardly see details about updates. I always have to do a search to find out.

I have been seeing more features come up with updates. But finding out what any updates do has been had to find out since I hardly see details about updates. I always have to do a search to find out.

Indeed, mate, we have to act as detectives and start investigating. How easy it is to publish it :rolleyes:

Really don't understand Yuneec.
What's the point of having interchangeable cameras, if you don't get cameras to change?
May as well state that it only be functional with the camera X and Y.
Just don't won't be fooled...

Also, people that use the 520 also needed the histogram and other capabilities of the plus/H3
The 520 is already more expensive that the plus. It as the mapping capabilities, I get that, but Yuneec can ad some more euros and give it the plus capabilities.
Really don't understand the business plan/marketing plan of yuneec

Reactions: arruntus
Next Leica(?) model will have an optic zoom 30x and numeric 8x !!! ( see interview above)
The best histogram are your eyes :oops: !

I'm sure the H3 is the reason why they don't give the H520 photographic capabilities. This month it's been 2 years since it was released and they still haven't fulfilled what they promised us before releasing it to the market, which would be a drone with many features, including being a video/photo drone.
I don't even follow the "marketing need" for the H3. The H520 currently is the only Yuneec platform noticed by external reputable software developers that develope for multiple platforms.

A route of adding all H-Plus features to H520 and every new camera (thermal, mapping, cinema, etc) release to the H520's payload options... and retain the additional RTK as a upgrade Kit and all terrain & mapping features as currently uniquely held by H520 only... this would make it their top platform and more easily justify it's premium price.

If you desired only photo & cinema features then the H-Plus should be the platform and it should be able to mount all new photo cinema cameras along with updating FW to enhance it's role.

If the cameras retain the common mount and within the payload limits, they'd offer Owners with better compatibility growth than competitors.

If needing a new platform, it should be a smaller or larger platform with new scale of payloads... not a revamped new Firmware model of same scale.

I think you'd see more Owners willing to have multiple cameras and spare platforms with this approach in platform offering. Just the cross camera compatibility would be a noticable market plus for Yuneec... it'd be a leading position, not a followers.

If it's all profit... 3 limited platforms aren't the solution. Bring out several new payloads... cameras, thermal, multispectral, gas sensors, ejection hook (exp: Splash Drone & fishing lures), add features that draws customers seeking more than 1 camera.

I totally agree with you, Dougcjohn, but I'm trying to find an answer to this nonsense :rolleyes:

How do you explain that after having the H520 2 years in the market is so lame in photo and video? I really can't. I don't think anyone can except Yuneec with their failed plan to go where? I don't understand :confused:

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Yes, a Leica on the H520, that would be great.
But I do not see any utility, an unnecessary expense for an aircraft that is unable to make sunken flights as it was announced at launch. Still one of the biggest selling lies.
A beautiful camera, for an airplane that only knows how to go in Ping-Pong? The E90 is largely enough for the moment.
We'll see when they know how to put the Curve-cam on the H520.
And it's not tomorrow the day before!

Yes, a Leica on the H520, that would be great.
But I do not see any utility, an unnecessary expense for an aircraft that is unable to make sunken flights as it was announced at launch. Still one of the biggest selling lies.
A beautiful camera, for an airplane that only knows how to go in Ping-Pong? The E90 is largely enough for the moment.
We'll see when they know how to put the Curve-cam on the H520.
And it's not tomorrow the day before!
Totally agree... all the hardware & payloads Yuneec could release is useless without a fully developed & feature packed firmware and suite of apps... and a path that encourages External Development because without 3rd Party it’s still an incomplete platform... and can’t compete with competition’s software assets.

claudius62 you want curve cable cam on h520. well if Tuna's beta software for h520 goes as planned you may get it. I am working with the beta now.

Yes, keep me informed as things progress. (Even by M.P.)
I am all the more interested that I just lost my DJI Inspire last month that up to now I was doing all the curve missions with Litchi.
And yes in manual flight, after a mission, a bend too wide and a cliff suction of drones sent me the Inspire at the bottom of the river. And as I would not reinstate in DJI ...

As I’ve stated before, I’m very excited to see the new line of Yuneec products. Hopefully all of the information in the interview is true and we will see a nice optical zoom camera. I believe Yuneec would do well with an optical zoom with a 1” sensor. We shall see..
YUNEEC, PLEASE DON’T LET US DOWN!

Oh and, one of the main reasons I haven’t invested in an H+ is the absence of a flight mission planning availability (even 3rd party). Hopefully (Tuna I’m talking to you) someone can figure something out.

Reactions: aw. pier
If I understand correctly the H520, has no flight restrictions (NFZ), but the H+ has flight restrictions. The H3 most likely have flight restrictions. I operate in an airport rich environment one regional (no tower) and numerous private airfields. I am considering the H+ and H520. Getting waivers from the regional airport is not an issue, but dealing with a UAV that is restricted is. I believe that Yuneec can provide a release to 107 certified pilots in the US. However, I see from the forums related to this folks have problems getting Yuneec to provide release in a timely manner. The H520 should be my choice ?

If I understand correctly the H520, has no flight restrictions (NFZ), but the H+ has flight restrictions. The H3 most likely have flight restrictions. I operate in an airport rich environment one regional (no tower) and numerous private airfields. I am considering the H+ and H520. Getting waivers from the regional airport is not an issue, but dealing with a UAV that is restricted is. I believe that Yuneec can provide a release to 107 certified pilots in the US. However, I see from the forums related to this folks have problems getting Yuneec to provide release in a timely manner. The H520 should be my choice ?

A lot of people really like the H520, I’m sure you can find an answer here however you may want to post in the H520 section of this forum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin