Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Camera problem after update

Reaction score
Since not having seen any recent complaints about the current firmware updates for H520 & E90 following a batch of them earlier in the year, I decided to do the update using Update Pilot.
Now;
The H520 hesitates in turnarounds during a mapping mission, re-setting its position 2-3 times in the turnaround before returning along its flight path.​
RAW files from the E90 are corrupt (most of them).​
I notice that the firmware versions are not the same reference as shown on the Yuneec UK website for download (screenshot below shows what's on the controller now).
Do I need to return to earlier firmware? And how do I do that?
Hi can someone help please

i bought a h520 and was working good.. for the 2 times i used it.;; Then i was playing and set the new location after i did a update via the controller and it all went thro on 3 items controller /camera/drone. and then i tried calibrating the camera for 1st time, And it wont go thro all the way, it hits the top jams.. the drops into a limp mode and flops.. rebot and camera does not do it start up dance.. Not happy simple udates these guys programme and dont even work, creates more issues... Help so i downloaded the software but it wont connect to the usb, via the software windows picks it up and sets up the drivers ok... but thro the software no go???

so do i need 2 updates for the e90 camera 1 for the camera and then 1 for the gimble???

and i hope this update someone has will fix this issue as this drone is awesome help jimmy

also the controller states Qground control supports px4 pro firmware version 1.4 and above you are using version prior to that which will lead to unpredicteable results, please upgrade your firmware.. but when i go to the controller upgrade theres no upgrade help

Download this document https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev82-pdf.26682/ snd refer to attachment 31 H520 SD card Update.

You can find the files needed here H520 with E90 Camera

QGC is not fully compatible with the H520. Yuneec uses their own implementation of PX4 and the ST16S uses a stripped down version of Android that is not upgradable to a newer version.
thanks so the qgc just ignore that message with the px4 ,and will it cotinue to pop up.. thanks and i have tried firmaware yet ill let u no thanks

Are you using QGC on a PC to retrieve ulg (ulog) files from the aircraft? This can be done via USB cable and preferably with the aircraft off and battery removed.

Or are you using QGC on a PC or the ST16S to load missions/control the aircraft? Neither of these is advisable as the variation of PX4 in the H520 is not compatible. It is also not advisable to load any non-approved third party apps on the ST16S.

Are you using QGC on a PC to retrieve ulg (ulog) files from the aircraft? This can be done via USB cable and preferably with the aircraft off and battery removed.

Or are you using QGC on a PC or the ST16S to load missions/control the aircraft? Neither of these is advisable as the variation of PX4 in the H520 is not compatible. It is also not advisable to load any non-approved third party apps on the ST16S.
this is 2nd time ive used this drone im normally a dji man.. but ive always luv this drone so i bought one... so im not using anything to retrieve logs... so can i get rid of the message then??

Hi can someone help please

i bought a h520 and was working good.. for the 2 times i used it.;; Then i was playing and set the new location after i did a update via the controller and it all went thro on 3 items controller /camera/drone. and then i tried calibrating the camera for 1st time, And it wont go thro all the way, it hits the top jams.. the drops into a limp mode and flops.. rebot and camera does not do it start up dance.. Not happy simple udates these guys programme and dont even work, creates more issues... Help so i downloaded the software but it wont connect to the usb, via the software windows picks it up and sets up the drivers ok... but thro the software no go???

so do i need 2 updates for the e90 camera 1 for the camera and then 1 for the gimble???

and i hope this update someone has will fix this issue as this drone is awesome help jimmy
Back to the camera itself for a moment. Does the camera restart and behave properly when not doing a calibration?
If not, is the little LED beside the lens coming on?

Download this document https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev82-pdf.26682/ snd refer to attachment 31 H520 SD card Update.

You can find the files needed here H520 with E90 Camera

QGC is not fully compatible with the H520. Yuneec uses their own implementation of PX4 and the ST16S uses a stripped down version of Android that is not upgradable to a newer version.
hi so did all that, the camera still wont on start up centre or do it start up dance.??? the only this i didnt do was the sensors on the drone . for compass etc. wiill that not allow the camera do take it start position.??? thanks as i manually have to hold camera for couple mins until it locks into a spot.. try calibrating the camera again and wont go thro all the way.. ??

hello can any one help..

i have updated the unit, but the camera still flops on boot up.. and wont centralize itself. even after update.. once i hold the camera central on boot up.. after couple minutes it actually center's itself... but when power down, again it wont do its dance and center just flops and i cannot do any from the controller to centralize the camera i can see pic...

AFTER I HAVE DONE THE UPGRADE, DO I HAVE TO GO THE THE COMPASS ALINGMENT AND OTHER HOME ETC?? WILL THAT FIX IT??? BUT SOMEHOW I DONT THINK IT WILL, AS IT TRIED THIS WHEN I 1ST BOUGHT IT.,..

AND LASTLY WHEN IT DOES TAKE OVER THE CAMERA AND IT CENTRED AND I TRY TO CALIBRATE THE CAMERA THAT GETS STUCK ETC AND WONT COMPLETE.. AND IVE TRIED CONTACTING YUNEEC AFTER 10 EMAILS ON ALL THERE SITES OVER THE WORLD... NOT A BLOODY REPLY...

hello can any one help..
I suspect this is not going to be an easy fix.

You have made several statements whose meanings are not clear.
Please provide more information on these items:
1.) "Then i was playing and set the new location"
What do you mean by "set the new location"?

2.) "does not do it start up dance.."
Can you describe what kind of a "dance" it was doing before? There is normally no movement during initialization other than a direct move from it's initial angle to the normal front/center/level position

3.) "so i downloaded the software but it wont connect to the usb, via the software windows picks it up and sets up the drivers ok..."
Please explain what you were doing that involved a USB. Firmware updates are normally performed either via WIFI or by using SD cards.

4.) "also the controller states Qground control supports px4 pro firmware version 1.4"
Please clarify whether you are running QGroundControl from your ST16S or if you are running it from a computer.
What were you doing with QGroundControl?
Did you connect QGroundControl to the H520 from a computer via USB while the battery was installed in the H520?

5.) "so the qgc just ignore that message with the px4 ,and will it cotinue to pop up."
Is the message popping up on the ST16S?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis