Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
I am having difficulty calibrating the gimble on the h520. I have done several calibrations and the gimble does not return to its correct position once the calibrations are complete. It returns to a position pointing straight but looking down about 15 degrees. The calibration finishes with the gimbal pointing straight and horizontal and then, after a few seconds and a couple of beeps, it moves to a pointing down position and stays there. Using the gimbal lever I can make the gimbal point further down and all the other positions work but the gimbal will not return to horizontal with the lever in the fully up position. The camera works. Any suggestions about how to fix this? Thanks, Niels

I have not ST16S, nor 520 but I think the problem is with the controller calibration. ST16 has channel settings, where anybody can monitor and tune almost everything. If a similar is present in the ST16S will be positive to check it.

Reactions: DoomMeister
This is how it is accomplished on the ST16S for the H+. It may be accessed in a similar manner on the H520’s controller.

I found the cal procedure for the H520’s ST16S in this video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaklin

Yuneec H520 CALIBRACIÓN SECRETA PROFUNDA ST16S y Emisoras Yuneec​

07:20 and a little further -> VERY IMPORTANT STEP! Cental position for all controls before entering the calibration.

Round movement for sticks is not necessary. The slow movement in the wanted direction and the opposite one is enough.

Reactions: DoomMeister
The other thing to do before performing the calibration is to insure the sticks are centering and following your movements without lagging behind or jerkiness using the hardware monitor. If they are, be sure to clean the potentiometers with a plastic safe contact cleaner prior to doing the calibration. The same applies to the potentiometers for the pan control, the Rate slider, and the Tilt slider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval