Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 RTK News?

well I am waiting for rtk to come out. after the video was leaked showing them fly the rtk version of h520 was peaked my interest was how close the drone was able to land to where it took off from ,which was on the pretty much on the very spot on as in it's own footprint where it was launched from. the current 1st gen h520 does not get that close to the same spot.

well I am waiting for rtk to come out. after the video was leaked showing them fly the rtk version of h520 was peaked my interest was how close the drone was able to land to where it took off from ,which was on the pretty much on the very spot on as in it's own footprint where it was launched from. the current 1st gen h520 does not get that close to the same spot.
And this is something that people need to understand about the letters RTK on a drone. The design of the system is using the precision of the RTK corrections primarily for guidance. They simply piggyback off of that stream to tag photo events. Here's the thing though. The quality of the corrections is subjective and not consistent in all environments so basically this just means that the RTK is awesome for positioning, but not so much for mapping. This is why professional mappers and modelers use PPK.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hello,

Am I the only one who is still waiting for the H520 RTK units to be officially announced and delivery? I do a lot of mapping and volume calculations with my H520 so RTK upgrade is something that would really increase my performance. As a satisfied Yuneec customer I've been waiting for this upgrade since it was presented at CES 2019 and that's more then a year ago. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is lack of official statement from Yuneec whenever this unit is going to be ever shipped. I talked to my local dealer and they can not get any information about those units production from Yuneec. Although I am surveyor and I do own a survey grade GPS-RTK and Total Station units I believe RTK onboard is nowadays a "must-have" if your daily job is drone photogrammetry. And this is becouse you can be more productive and competitive if you want to stay in the "business".
What do you think about this situation and Yuneec behaviour? Do you believe if they are going to deliver the RTK units? If anyone has any information or heard any roumors about H520 RTK I'll be glad if you share.

Greetings.
Hy, i am

I am also waiting for an RTK upgrade kit for my 520. I bought it thinking one would be available. I even had one on pre-order at Venom a year ago. But instead they put a new model out (520E) and want you to buy it.
I would prefer to upgrade my 520 with an RTK module, or a PPK add on.
Any set up I do, I would prefer to use my own GPS base receiver and process the data. As a surveyor, I have quite a few units to use, and I don't need to buy yet another base receiver to go with either an RTK or PPK package. Processing kinematic data is not that difficult, and there are a lot of good resources to do it.
So, if anybody has any updates to this hardware upgrade issue (that's not Emlid Reach) I would be very interested in hearing options
Thanks

Do you know how to process in PPK? When you download the photos you have this file that I am attaching to you and a small program that generates a rinex file, do you know what is in this txt file and what is the procedure? Thank you

Attachments

• PPKTimestamp.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 4
Do you know how to process in PPK? When you download the photos you have this file that I am attaching to you and a small program that generates a rinex file, do you know what is in this txt file and what is the procedure? Thank you
Is that from the H520 PPK Add-on? It's the same with the H520E RTK. Those are the actual events and attitude of the drone at the time of the event. You would want to turn off RTK, PPK the rover(drone) log file and then use those events to marry the images to the GPS track. This is my next step to figure out. I don't know if I will be able to do it in Geosetter or not but my guess is it will have to be something like EZSurv or just plug it straight into the photogrammetry processing software. Unfortunately I can't do that with DroneDeploy. If it is all the same data then we are already discussing here as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval