Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Software Update Query

Reaction score
I would appreciate some technical advice from brighter minds than mine about updating software on my H520. So far I have made a number of recent attempts to perform an update, which outwardly seems to be successful, until I go back to check the versions then installed for the aircraft, gimbal and RC; finding nothing has changed.
I'm getting kind of frustrated because I have been unable to work out what I might be doing wrong. I'm even feeling a little paranoid about doing anything other than some training flights, in case there is something else going on with my H520 and its software management system, which might end up in the loss of the AC. (I am also in the process of setting up the H520 to carry a multi spectrum camera payload - which I would most certainly not want to lose). I have searched for information relating to updating procedures, and so far it doesn't appear I'm doing anything wrong - but hey!
I would really appreciate some sage advice.
Thanks.

What update instructions were you following? That would help us know what steps you are taking.
Also, what versions are currently installed, and what versions do you want to go to?
Thanks for getting back, with an apology for my tardiness in responding.
I have only used the 'UpdatePilot' app installed on the ST16, referring to a number of YT related videos to try and pick up whether I might have been doing something wrong. I have replaced the SD card, as a just in case precaution. I considered performing a factory reset, but having recalled some talk about bricking having occurred, I'm reserving that option as an absolute last ditch choice.
As I've already said, at the moment I've confined all H520 flying to just training sessions in the meantime, though it seems to performing as good as ever during such flights. Not bothering about updates is a possibility; in my book though that kind of defeats their purpose, and if it were to then "bomb" I would presume the insurance assessor may well take a dim view about accepting my claim, especially if the risk of a crash could have been mitigated by keeping the firmware up to date.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Are these the versions you have on the 520?
Flight Controller 1.6.5
E90 Firmware 1.0.61

And the ST16 is in red:
1604203382574.png

So far I have made a number of recent attempts to perform an update, which outwardly seems to be successful, until I go back to check the versions then installed for the aircraft, gimbal and RC; finding nothing has changed.
Are you able to take a picture of the screen which shows the version numbers? I won't be able to help unless I know what is currently installed on your equipment.

If your 520 is doing what you need/want to do with no problems, leave the software alone. If something goes wring with the update that screws up your 520 you have little or nothing to fall back on to fix it. Do not break something that was not broken by trying to “fix” it. If it works great there is no reason to change firmware.

The Versions given by Steve are the latest versions for the H520 and date ...... from January 30, 2020.
Do not look for other versions for the H520, since that date, there are no more and unfortunately, the H520 will no longer be.
The latter works fine and do not look for other versions.

there are no more and unfortunately, the H520 will no longer be.
The H520 is still in production. There was just an update released which activates the Aux switch. At least that is what I've seen posted. I did the auto update and it downloaded but it didn't install. I'm working on that now.

The H520 is still in production. There was just an update released which activates the Aux switch. At least that is what I've seen posted. I did the auto update and it downloaded but it didn't install. I'm working on that now.

Hi Steve,

Care to share what action the activated AUX button is supposed to have?

If known, of course.

Thanks!

Jeff

The ejection seat surely ............. :p
No If you press the AUX button once then press and hold the read button you will get a shock.
Mike

It appears this update may have been put on the server in error. It might possibly be for the 520e which needs the aux switch to activate some 3rd party attachments. In any case, it seems to have disappeared from the 520 auto update.

That's what I was saying. End of updates for the H520, first of the batch, room for the others .............
Finally, history repeats itself over the drones. A fleeting story that only lasts two years, and maybe less!

• Wow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval