Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E differences from H520

chascoadmin, I take it you need to do precision survey work?
Yes Sir. We perform around 400 flights/year and about 75% of them utilize GCP's and 50% of those use PPK. Most of our use revolves around construction excavation processes and other topographic surveys and getting the drone data back into real design software to analyze. Not the so-called analysis tools that most of the photogrammetry solutions provide. We work within a tolerance of 5cm as I have found that to be a realistic goal that is pretty easily achievable. We have gotten down to 2cm, but it's really not worth the hassle for what we do. If it's that critical we are using a GNSS receiver or even a robotic total station.

Reactions: Rayray
Thanks, very interesting. So the Ground Control Point is a known co-ordinate, and the drone supplies GPS, etc co-ordinates from that point? Does the drone know that point, or is the GCP used in processing (correcting?) the drone output?

Reactions: chascoadmin
Thanks, very interesting. So the Ground Control Point is a known co-ordinate, and the drone supplies GPS, etc co-ordinates from that point? Does the drone know that point, or is the GCP used in processing (correcting?) the drone output?
Correct. We locate the center of the targets with sub-cm GNSS equipment. We then upload a CSV to photogrammetry and then tie the coordinate to this targets visible in the images. This can be done in WGS84 lats/lons like the drone collects or a State Plane cartesian coordinate system like we use in Surveying. Usually you want to run sufficient overlaps so that you see each target at least 6 times although 10 times is more the average. The outputs can then be transformed on-the-fly to one of many different coordinate systems. We always export in our Texas State Plane coordinates so that we can bring it back into our CAD software.

Reactions: Rayray
Just ordered our H520E RTK! We've got all the other GNSS gear required and will be running PPK. I'd love to start a Private Chat with other users specifically for it if anyone is interested...
Hello there
i am also using a h520E RTK.
I know how to handle ppk.
Is there a process method or software?

Just ordered our H520E RTK! We've got all the other GNSS gear required and will be running PPK. I'd love to start a Private Chat with other users specifically for it if anyone is interested...
Why Not share your knowledge with all of us poor members, so we all can inspire to trade up the the H 520E?
Regards.
Mike

Is there a process method or software?
Once you have downloaded the logs from your base station and rover (drone) you will need to use a post-processing software like RTKLIB or EZSurv to convert the files to obtain the data that will be used to re-geotag the photos with the processed coordinates. RTKLIB is free and EZSurv is a paid for service so Free = More manual clicking and Paid = some automation. Once I have the H520E RTK in hand and get an idea of their configuration I will post with the specific workflow. I will be testing the RTK vs PPK results and will keep my fingers crossed that the GNSS hardware is good enough to maintain RTK corrections 99.5% of the time. If not then we'll just keep doing what we're doing.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Chascoadmin, you may want to get a spare battery for the S16S if several consecutive flights are envisioned and you will have extra flight batteries. The brighter screen, compared to the original S16, drains juice faster.

Our H520E RTK will be here Tuesday but apparently the batteries are back ordered. I've got five ordered but that does me no good right now, lol. Does anyone know where I can get one as soon as possible? I know the drone will come with one but I'll need at least one more to do a full site.

try here H520E Battery currently listed as in stock. depending on location 3 to 5 days.
Thanks Terrence. A reservation is whether or not they will actually ship. Vertigo drones is where I originally ordered them from and they say in stock but when shipping came through it said back ordered. I looked at a few other sites and no one else even has the correct picture...

ordered directly from yuneec in the past never had a delay from them. if listed in stock then it good to order. I have had delays with vertigo drones for batteries that lasted over a month. Also ordered from adorama .com they cam though with out delays however there h520e equipment is listed special order same with empire drones which indicates there will be a delay not sure how long. when ordering from other sites compare the part numbers of the first gen h520 and second gen h520e . example on adorama.com this is for h3 battery but can be applied for h520e. SKU: YUNTYHP101 MFR: YUNTYHP101 is the h plus battery with correct picture while SKU: YUNTYH3B4S52 MFR: YUNTYH3B4S5250 has picture for h plus but the battery is indeed for h3. always check the sku and mfr numbers when in doubt.

ordered directly from yuneec in the past never had a delay from them. if listed in stock then it good to order. I have had delays with vertigo drones for batteries that lasted over a month. Also ordered from adorama .com they cam though with out delays however there h520e equipment is listed special order same with empire drones which indicates there will be a delay not sure how long. when ordering from other sites compare the part numbers of the first gen h520 and second gen h520e . example on adorama.com this is for h3 battery but can be applied for h520e. SKU: YUNTYHP101 MFR: YUNTYHP101 is the h plus battery with correct picture while SKU: YUNTYH3B4S52 MFR: YUNTYH3B4S5250 has picture for h plus but the battery is indeed for h3. always check the sku and mfr numbers when in doubt.
Perfect, thank you. I'll go ahead and get one coming and we'll chat with Vertigo Monday.

Our H520E RTK will be here Tuesday but apparently the batteries are back ordered. I've got five ordered but that does me no good right now, lol. Does anyone know where I can get one as soon as possible? I know the drone will come with one but I'll need at least one more to do a full site.
All Yuneec H520 / 520E and 520 RTK models are shipped with 2 batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval