Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920+ No video recording?

Reaction score
I bought a used H920+ and cannot get video to record from the CGO4. I have control of the yaw and tilt, can take pictures, but cannot zoom or record video. When I press the video button I get a red warning at the top of the screen "Please do not operation in this mode". I tried resetting the camera, formatting the card, re-binding the camera. I have a U3 SD card in there, which I may buy a new one to see if it continues. Anyone ever seen this?

Attachments

• 20210322_211322.jpg
    20210322_211322.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Please verify all of your settings on the bottom panel for the camera. You may have a setting that is not allowed for shooting video.
image.jpg

I have also attached the User Manual for the CGO4 in case you don’t have one.

I suspect you may have to be in a 16:9 aspect ratio for video.

Attachments

• CGO4 User Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
CGO4 zoom control is via the vertical slider on the lower left of the screen. The CGO4 settings are accessed via the pop up window that is displayed when you touch the gear symbol on the lower right of the screen. These settings may be saved and executed via the two upper buttons on the right side of the screen. The CGO4 is a great camera. It is basically a Panasonic GH4. The GH4 manual is helpful in understanding the multiple camera settings.
Enjoy the camera.

I bought a used H920+ and cannot get video to record from the CGO4. I have control of the yaw and tilt, can take pictures, but cannot zoom or record video. When I press the video button I get a red warning at the top of the screen "Please do not operation in this mode". I tried resetting the camera, formatting the card, re-binding the camera. I have a U3 SD card in there, which I may buy a new one to see if it continues. Anyone ever seen this?
Couple more points. Note the 8851 displayed in the upper right of the screen. This indicates that the CGO4 is in photo mode and there is space for 8851 photos on the SD card (using current settings). Also if the CGO4 is in auto focus mode, tapping the screen will cause the camera to focus on that spot.

Well, I tried every combination of settings, and I still get the red error message at the top of the screen every time I press the video button. Also the zoom slider will not leave the center. I pull up to increase zoom, it goes back to center. Same when I slide it down. Any ideas for a next step?

Attachments

• 20210323_194816.jpg
    20210323_194816.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: Vaklin
Well, I tried every combination of settings, and I still get the red error message at the top of the screen every time I press the video button. Also the zoom slider will not leave the center. I pull up to increase zoom, it goes back to center. Same when I slide it down. Any ideas for a next step?
Have you been able to select PROGRAM AE MODE (symbol with video camera and P) or SHUTTER-PRIORITY AE MODE (symbol with video camera and S) ? Appears you are in iA mode. Only the two AE modes enable video recording. See the attached page from the CGO4 manual.
It appears that your lens is at 20 mm which is a slight zoom. The range is 14 to 42 mm. You hold the slider until the lens focal length changes. BFA38491-ACF4-4DBD-8B66-DF478992FEAC.jpeg

You got it seabee! Once I switched over to Program AE Mode, I was able to take video! Still no zoom, but that is less critical. Thank you!

You got it seabee! Once I switched over to Program AE Mode, I was able to take video! Still no zoom, but that is less critical. Thank you!
Good news. The zoom lens might just need to be cycled especially if it has been sitting for a long time. The Olympus M. Zuiko 14-42 mm lens works well in the CGO4. B&H $224.

Reactions: jgann055
I think I found the problem. I have a fixed length lens on there :/

All problems solved thanks to you guys. Very much appreciated!

Attachments

• 20210324_180714.jpg
    20210324_180714.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech