Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 not binding correctly

Reaction score
I need some help here. I know there are not many in this H920 thing but I have a problem binding this drone from the day one the customer bring it for a repair. The setup is H920 /St24 and a V18 camera.
Every time I bind this bird I have 2 models on the list and of course one camera. Please look at the pictures attached. When I chose one model it bind the camera but not the drone when I chose the other model bind the drone but the camera has no movements
at all. Camera initialize correctly as it should but is dead when is comes to tilt , yaw or pinch. If you have more insights with these drones please let me know. It is an H920, not a plus. Thanks

Attachments

• Binding H920_1.jpg
    Binding H920_1.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 20
  • Binding H920_2.jpg
    Binding H920_2.jpg
    791.4 KB · Views: 19
I'm not familiar with the ST24 but I presume the camera tilt and yaw are carried on the 2.4GHz control signal. So binding to the aircraft is needed for those camera controls. Binding to the camera is only for the video feed and the camera settings.

Did you try the Reset shown on that menu?

Does the ST24 have an Android Wifi menu?

I did a factory reset to the ST24 and still the same no matter what model chose. When I chose 40746 I have full control of the camera including video feed but the drone keeps blinking yellow and not binding.
When I chose 32278 I have full control of the drone and video feed but the camera stays in only one direction and not responding to any of the switches. no matter what. This is ridiculous.
I don't understand why there are 2 models showing up at the settings.

The duplicate model listing is very strange. Do you have a spare RF module you can test in the ST24? I believe it's the same one used in the H.

Found this in the H920 Industry Manual. The regular H920 manual says the same thing. Seems to fit what you are seeing on screen, and implies you need to create a new model so that only one receiver shows on screen. Sorry, I don't know anything about H920. This just seems to fit what I see in your pictures:

H920 Professional excerpt.jpg

I did a factory reset to the ST24 and still the same no matter what model chose. When I chose 40746 I have full control of the camera including video feed but the drone keeps blinking yellow and not binding.
When I chose 32278 I have full control of the drone and video feed but the camera stays in only one direction and not responding to any of the switches. no matter what. This is ridiculous.
I don't understand why there are 2 models showing up at the settings.
Try following the attached procedure. It is kind of a pain. If you bound the camera first you may have entered the team mode (two ST24 units). If so you should start over by selecting a new model ( per WTFD project post) then binding the aircraft first then select and bind the camera.

BINDING (SINGLE MODE)
The TORNADO H920 and ST24 have already been bound before leaving production, so there is no need to bind the aircraft to the ST24 if no gimbal is used. If the GB603 gimbal is to be attached to the aircraft, both the GB603 and TORNADO H920 need to be bound.
BINDING THE TORNADO H920 AND GIMBAL/GIMBAL CAMERA TO THE ST24
STEP 1) Power on the ST24, press [ ] to go to the main interface. Choose FPV, and enter Model Select.
STEP 2) The default Model type is Multi-copter, and choose the right configuration you are using the H920/GB603 and the H920/CGO4. Press OK when a pop-up window comes out.
ST24
RC FPV PAD
CGO4
STEP 3) For GB603, switch on the LK58 (the switch is located between the two antennas) and the camera.
STEP 4) Select System Settings
STEP 5) Switch on the TORNADO H920.Wait until the
Main LED indicator blinks blue, Gimbal roll axis stays
horizontal, one of the LK58 LED indicator solid red and the
other blinking blue (only for GB603). Then it means the
self-inspection of the H920 and the gimbal is complete.
NOTICE: For GB603, the receiver will blink orange quickly if the GB603 is installed a receiver. Tap the refresh icon and the receiver code of GB603 will be shown on the screen. Do not choose it to bind.
STEP 6) Lean the H920 in the forward direction twice (45°),until the Main LED indicator blinks yellow.
STEP 7) Tap the Refresh icon again, and the codes of the H920 will be shown on screen. Choose the receiver code and WIFI codes shown below the MODEL and CAMERA columns simultaneously, and press Bind. STEP 8) if it is the first time to bind your LK58 (or CGO4) to the ST24, you need to input the password: 87654321 (for LK58 ), or 1234567890 (for CGO4), press OK on the pop-up window to continue.
STEP 9) Wait till the WIFI signal icon appears, Press Camera Select and choose Panasonic GH4 or Sony α7 for GB603 or CGO4. Press select, then press OK.
NOTICE: If the model chosen has never be bound before, 'NOT CONNECTED' will display in the MODEL column, and the remote controller can bind any YUNEEC SR12/24 receiver. If a series of receiver codes display on the screen, it means the model was bound before and can't be bound to any other receiver. If you want to bind this model to other receiver,you can press and hold the model icon in the MODEL SELECT interface till a pop-up window comes out, tap 'Copy', and then select the model newly created.

This procedure is on page 23 of the H920 user manual. See documentation library post On this forum.

Last edited:
I try all the above and still the same results. I forgot to mention I have 2 ST24 and on both coming up 2 different models as in the pictures. I don't have the CB603 gimbal I have a V18 camera but even so, do not make any sense for me to show up 2 different models when I have only one drone and one camera.
I am waiting for the seller to see what he has to say. I factory reset only one ST24 and wipe it clean I install the flight controller APK and still show up 2 models.

Last edited:
Can anyone can drop here the APK for a 920 Plus from your ST16 ? I have a new board coming in and is from a plus one I try to make a ST16 I have to work with new board. Thanks

The ST16 for the 920 and the H480 are the same including the firmware. If you have the 480 firmware installed, just create a new model and bind. Do you have the 480 apk?

Reactions: georgero
I tried that before with the old board and I was able to bind the drone but the GPS was disabled. I try to enable manually the switch go green and as soon I close the menu the GPS was disabled again. I could fly without GPS but never being able to have GPS signal.
I was thinking is there a different flight app for these drones.

I was thinking is there a different flight app for these drones.
Not that I am aware. As far as I know the ST16 has been used for both model since the 920 Plus was released. Since the firmware allow the selection of either model, it is surely compatible with the 920 Plus.

Perhaps using a previous firmware version on the ST16 would yield different results. I'm not certain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval