Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Had a minor mishap, is airframe servicable?

Reaction score
Well, I made a poor decision that resulted in a rotor tip catching a tree branch I ididnt see. What will be, will be. It fell from about 10 feet and impacted the landing gear and motor pretty hard. I dont think the gimbal impacted directly, but the force of the crash ripped it off the rubber mounts and tore the wires out. Can I open up the gimbal to resolder the wires? I dont even recall where the wires went. Ill have to test it with the hand held to see if the motors are damaged in the gimbal. Where can I buy the aircraft/gimbal only? How much? Also, the motor is canted a bit and Ill have to try and straighten the airframe arm to get it level again. How perfect does it have to be not to affect flight? I have hooked it up to GUI and all tests were good. The motor spun with no noises or errors. Heres some pics. How should I go about repairing? Shou;d I take out screws and try to glue/JB Weld/epoxy the arm back together? It looks as if its bent a bit too.Thanks for any help yall. I feel stupid and embarrassed by my bonehead move.

Well, I made a poor decision that resulted in a rotor tip catching a tree branch I ididnt see. What will be, will be. It fell from about 10 feet and impacted the landing gear and motor pretty hard. I dont think the gimbal impacted directly, but the force of the crash ripped it off the rubber mounts and tore the wires out. Can I open up the gimbal to resolder the wires? I dont even recall where the wires went. Ill have to test it with the hand held to see if the motors are damaged in the gimbal. Where can I buy the aircraft/gimbal only? How much? Also, the motor is canted a bit and Ill have to try and straighten the airframe arm to get it level again. How perfect does it have to be not to affect flight? I have hooked it up to GUI and all tests were good. The motor spun with no noises or errors. Heres some pics. How should I go about repairing? Shou;d I take out screws and try to glue/JB Weld/epoxy the arm back together? It looks as if its bent a bit too.Thanks for any help yall. I feel stupid and embarrassed by my bonehead move.
Well first of all let me say I'm sorry for what happened to your Q, but in no way should you super glue or JB weld it back together. Call Carolina Dronz and get a new upper & lower body kit, and wah lah good as new.

Well first of all let me say I'm sorry for what happened to your Q, but in no way should you super glue or JB weld it back together. Call Carolina Dronz and get a new upper & lower body kit, and wah lah good as new.
Why? Ive seen many folks here that have repaired minor and intermediate cosmetic damage via several different methods with success. Worst case scenario, I crash again from airframe failure and I buy a new craft and have one for salvage parts. It cant hurt to try. In spite of which course of action I take, I think Ill go ahead and buy an additional craft, just in case something was to happen and I needed a backup.

Why? Ive seen many folks here that have repaired minor and intermediate cosmetic damage via several different methods with success. Worst case scenario, I crash again from airframe failure and I buy a new craft and have one for salvage parts. It cant hurt to try. In spite of which course of action I take, I think Ill go ahead and buy an additional craft, just in case something was to happen and I needed a backup.

Airframe / Body Set: Q500 4k

Way cheaper than crashing, and buying a new craft because the super glue didn't hold. You stated that the reason that you crashed in the first place was due to a poor decision you made; I've said it a million times on this sight 99.9% of all crashes are due to poor decisions that could have been avoided...but we just got to try it anyways; right. Another poor decision (in my opinion) would be to buy another Q; just so you could have spare parts; sounds like you plan on crashing a lot more in the future. This is just my opinion of what I would do to save money on Q parts in the future. 1st repair your Q the proper way it should be done (with new body parts). 2nd stop making poor decisions when flying your Q; not only can it cost you in parts, but it can also cause property damage, or personal injury to someone. I crashed one time, cost me a set of props ($30) learned my lesson; haven't crashed since........Just keeping it real.

Oh, believe you me, I learned my lesson. Im fortunate is was only a very minor crash. I actually almost avoided it. The rotor tip barely caught a stray branch which sucked the whole craft into the branch and it fell about 9-10 feet onto the ground. I think the most damage was to my pride because I knew better.

Oh, believe you me, I learned my lesson. Im fortunate is was only a very minor crash. I actually almost avoided it. The rotor tip barely caught a stray branch which sucked the whole craft into the branch and it fell about 9-10 feet onto the ground. I think the most damage was to my pride because I knew better.

I hope everything works out for you, and you're back up and flying soon....safe flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval