Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Had my first crash with the breeze yesterday..

Reaction score
Hi all, :)

Well as the title says I had my first crash with the breeze yesterday, I'm hoping it's the first and last but that could just be wishful thinking..

Took it out for a quick flight to do a battery duration test for a member on here, but on my first battery, soon as i took off the drone dirtied to the right, I had no control, after a few seconds it let me hit the land button but it come down quite hard, luckily It was flying around 2m high and about 2.5 m/s when it come down so did not damage nothing, the motor safety function also kicked in (it said motor jammed when it hit the ground) so apart from some grass dirt on my blades all looks fine..

But even a little freak crash like that has now put me on edge for the next flight with my two week old drone lol..

I would much rather crash through pilot error rather then the drone having a mind of its own and it crash landing, I had around 16 gps satellites, full WiFi signal and the app did not seem to have crashed so I have not got a clue what caused the drone to have a freak flight.

I'm just '' hoping '' it was a freak interference thing, but yeah I'm on edge for the next high flight now lol..

ATB Marc

Yea, I'd imagine! I'm so cautious on take off ready to hit "LAND" at any second I see some unusual moment.. or at least be close enough to tackle it to the ground LOL. Uoon take off I keep it low watch it hover in place take it forward/backward up/down then start my flight to get a pic or some video.

PS Ive had about 30 plus flights no issues!

Hi all, :)

Well as the title says I had my first crash with the breeze yesterday, I'm hoping it's the first and last but that could just be wishful thinking..

Took it out for a quick flight to do a battery duration test for a member on here, but on my first battery, soon as i took off the drone dirtied to the right, I had no control, after a few seconds it let me hit the land button but it come down quite hard, luckily It was flying around 2m high and about 2.5 m/s when it come down so did not damage nothing, the motor safety function also kicked in (it said motor jammed when it hit the ground) so apart from some grass dirt on my blades all looks fine..

But even a little freak crash like that has now put me on edge for the next flight with my two week old drone lol..

I would much rather crash through pilot error rather then the drone having a mind of its own and it crash landing, I had around 16 gps satellites, full WiFi signal and the app did not seem to have crashed so I have not got a clue what caused the drone to have a freak flight.

I'm just '' hoping '' it was a freak interference thing, but yeah I'm on edge for the next high flight now lol..

ATB Marc

It sounds like you had a near toilet bowl experience. When a drone has a mind of its own like that, it usually has to do with the compass sending erroneous information to the flight controller. It might be a good idea to go to a large open grassy field and perform the compass calibration before flying again. Face magnetic north with the Breeze camera facing you and perform the rotations steadily while keeping the axis of rotation as level as possible for the first two, and the Breeze as level as possible for the last one.

It can also be a magnetic anomaly at the place you were flying. Mine gets squirrelly when trying to fly in my driveway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy