Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Had my first Ent encounter today and predictably lost.

Reaction score
I was flying in a fairly open area with one small tree beside me to my right about 10 feet. I brought the aircraft backward fast for a landing and when I tried to stop and the aircraft tilted I think the OBS Avoid sensed the ground and prevented hard breaking and it took 20 feet to come to a slow stop into the trees branches. I tried to get back out but the sensors must have picked up the limbs and leaves because it lurched into the branches. I think I am going to fly with that off from now on except in very specific situations. The Crash knocked off my camera and damaged a leg servo. I was still able to reattach the camera and fly it. I estimate the fall was about 10 feet through small branches and it sawed off a lot of leaves and dug up some dirt. The aircraft still flies like a dream and the part I need to replace is 30 bucks on Amazon.

Reactions: oldfhat and Mr. I
My other passion is Model Rocketry. Fly in an open pasture...acres and acres of open grassland....with 1 scrub mesquite tree 500 yards away.

Rocket goes up.....arcs over....pop, chute deploys and rocket begins to float back to Earth.

95% chance it will land in that tree. Looks like a Christmas tree until you get close and it’s filled with rockets.

Treebeard’s cousin, Rocketmuncher.

My other passion is Model Rocketry. Fly in an open pasture...acres and acres of open grassland....with 1 scrub mesquite tree 500 yards away.

Rocket goes up.....arcs over....pop, chute deploys and rocket begins to float back to Earth.

95% chance it will land in that tree. Looks like a Christmas tree until you get close and it’s filled with rockets.

Treebeard’s cousin, Rocketmuncher.
Ha, I made a rocket that goes up to 1000ft. dual stage rocket. Just like yours, goes up, pops the chute, comes down and land on the one powerline in a one mile radius. WHY !!?

I was able to take the leg servo out and take it apart and put it back together and it worked as intended after that. Not sure what I did but I did something.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Ha, I made a rocket that goes up to 1000ft. dual stage rocket. Just like yours, goes up, pops the chute, comes down and land on the one powerline in a one mile radius. WHY !!?

The difficulty of recovering your rocket from power lines and trees is directly proportional to the effort and expense in building it. I have only one that I won’t fly....a Saturn V that took me 3 weeks to build.

Reactions: Mr. I and Rhyder
The difficulty of recovering your rocket from power lines and trees is directly proportional to the effort and expense in building it. I have only one that I won’t fly....a Saturn V that took me 3 weeks to build.
Lol
But this gives me an Idea.... Drone Launched Rockets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nvjfirut