Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hard case ideas

Yeah, I don't plan on using the foam the H came in. I'll either make my own or simply not use any.

I needed something that doesn't take up the entire back of my suburban ;)

I needed something that doesn't take up the entire back of my suburban ;)

Completely understandable. The Husky case is really nice but it is rather large. I really like the Ridgid one, that is why I bought it at first. Just could not fit the foam in there. I may revisit that again at some point. Make my own foam insert like you guys did.

Here's my Typhoon H travel case when I take it with me on a vacation. It is a Pelican 1610. Purchased it at B&H Photo for $199. It can be locked so that when I check it with the airline it is secure. It is also built extremely well. They say it is water resistant but I think it is actually water proof as it has an O Ring seal. Has wheels and a pull up handle. You can buy it with the pick and pluck foam to make your own cutouts.

1. Here's my Typhoon H travel case when I take it with me on a vacation. It is a Pelican 1610. Purchased it at B&H Photo for $199. It can be locked so that when I check it with the airline it is secure. It is also built extremely well. They say it is water resistant but I think it is actually water proof as it has an O Ring seal. Has wheels and a pull up handle. You can buy it with the pick and pluck foam to make your own cutouts.

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpg
    IMG_2089.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 135
Those are both really nice cases. I am just not at the point of wanting to spend that much on one... YET! i:)i

1. Here's my Typhoon H travel case when I take it with me on a vacation. It is a Pelican 1610. Purchased it at B&H Photo for $199. It can be locked so that when I check it with the airline it is secure. It is also built extremely well. They say it is water resistant but I think it is actually water proof as it has an O Ring seal. Has wheels and a pull up handle. You can buy it with the pick and pluck foam to make your own cutouts.
Nice job!

Looks great so I ordered the same with 10% coupon

MCM 22-24160 - 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep

$76.49

(Reg: $84.99)
10% CODE WLCM10

I like that. I wonder if the foam case it ships with will slide in there or would this be a custom job using the included foam. Is that the same case as the one Dadjvs posted photos of? He did not mention which one he had I don't think.

I am open to new case ideas. I like the Husky case but it is rather large, a slightly smaller one would not be a bad thing if it has enough room.

Edit: Okay I ordered one. Thanks for sharing the information and code man!
The fact that is comes with foam already and is cubed sold me!

I just hope it is deep enough at 10.5" inside.

I may return the Husky case now or use it for something else. This looks to be the same type as the ones you can buy specifically for the H.

Last edited:
I like that. I wonder if the foam case it ships with will slide in there or would this be a custom job using the included foam. Is that the same case as the one Dadjvs posted photos of? He did not mention which one he had I don't think.

I am open to new case ideas. I like the Husky case but it is rather large, a slightly smaller one would not be a bad thing if it has enough room.

Edit: Okay I ordered one. Thanks for sharing the information and code man!
The fact that is comes with foam already and is cubed sold me!

I just hope it is deep enough at 10.5" inside.

I may return the Husky case now or use it for something else. This looks to be the same type as the ones you can buy specifically for the H.

click on the attachment provided by Dadjvs who uses this case:
http://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/img_2106-jpg.849/

Well my day off from work and its rain and wind.. Thanks TS Colin!.. Well the good news is my new hardcase came.. After researching and weighing in all the ideas from here i came up with this one...

Got it at Amazon and delivered today. Use the best of everything don't need the styrofoam lid.

Roll over image to zoom in

Condition 1 101024 Watertight Large Case with Foam Water Proof/Dust Proof Dry Box (Black)
IMG_0085.JPG IMG_0086.JPG

Reactions: GunnyE9 and JB1
Well my day off from work and its rain and wind.. Thanks TS Colin!.. Well the good news is my new hardcase came.. After researching and weighing in all the ideas from here i came up with this one...

Got it at Amazon and delivered today. Use the best of everything don't need the styrofoam lid.

Roll over image to zoom in

Condition 1 101024 Watertight Large Case with Foam Water Proof/Dust Proof Dry Box (Black)
View attachment 885 View attachment 887

That is a nice case n3. The price is more than I wanted to spend but not out of the range like the Pro case is at $350. $150 is not bad really. I just want to see if the $75 one works first.

I went with the other case mentioned above (decided the Husky case is a bit too big) and we will see how it will works out. If it doesn't the one you picked sounds like a good option. i:)i

Last edited:
That is a nice case n3. The price is more than I wanted to spend but not out of the range like the Pro case is at $350. $150 is not bad really.

I went with the other case mentioned above (decided the Husky case a bit too big) and we will see how it will works out. If it doesn't the one you picked sounds like a good option. i:)i

Let me know how you like it once it all together looks promising and not too big. I wonder what yuneec is asking for the foam insert itself. Like you mentioned I like that it does come with the foam already.

Nice Job. Does the T-H fit in the 1610 case with the landing gear in the fully down position?

That is a nice case at a reasonable cost and it looks like you didn't use the lid and just used the egg crate foam that came with the case is that correct?
Yes i opted for a thicker bottom to keep the styrofoam even with the tops. Top foam was plenty thick enought.;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trienchieu369