Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hard case ideas

The MC-Case is about $360 US through their site, but $319 on amazon and appears to have more room for expansion and you don't have to remove your props ;). The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't appear to have an extendable pull handle on it. I wonder if they would sell the insert and we could buy a rolling pelican case that fits the insert.

MCM 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep Multicomp: 22-24160
Multicomp 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep | 22-24160 (2224160) | Multicomp
Total cost $84 after shipping when using a 10% code from retailmenot

Perfect size! Comes with the foam. Took about 30 minutes to tear out the 3 layers I needed to fit the drone perfectly. I wanted room for 3 batteries + battery inside drone so I placed the charger in a corner after installing the drone to conserve space so that I had 3 slots for batteries, 1 slot for propellers, and I'll create a slot for the wizard and dc adapter in the open space you see near the ST16
Althought a little deeper than most airlines like it WILL fit in an overhead compartment. I'm sure if I'm nice and show them there are lithium batteries inside that they would prefer I carry it on since they don't like lithium batteries in checked bags these days.
Full resolution images attached. Thank you Dadjvs for the idea.
Nice Job Dreamwash, one question: Is there any foam padding between the ST-16 and the side of the case?

No I specifically did not place any foam there. The back of the ST16 slides against the smooth plastic. It didn't need any padding

I got the Yuneec logo from ebay. just search Yuneec typhoon H and it will be in the list

Multicomp 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep | 22-24160 (2224160) | Multicomp

Perfect size! Comes with the foam. Took about 30 minutes to tear out the 3 layers I needed to fit the drone perfectly. I wanted room for 3 batteries + battery inside drone so I placed the charger in a corner after installing the drone to conserve space so that I had 3 slots for batteries, 1 slot for propellers, and I'll create a slot for the wizard and dc adapter in the open space you see near the ST16
Althought a little deeper than most airlines like it WILL fit in an overhead compartment. I'm sure if I'm nice and show them there are lithium batteries inside that they would prefer I carry it on since they don't like lithium batteries in checked bags these days.

Hi, I am looking for such a case in Europe, but I have not found anything similar until now (found tactical cases on a few EU web stores , but never with the right dimensions (should be 57cm x 39cm x 30cm).
If anyone from UK, Germany, France has a tip on this, would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Dreamwash,
Are you still liking/using this case? I'm thinking of getting one.

Dreamwash,

In case (hehe see what I did there) Dream does not see this I can chime in.
I bought this same case based on his recommendation. I was going to use that Husky case, we discussed earlier in the thread, I got from Home Depot but it is just a bit too large. If you don't mind the size that is a great case. I just changed my mind and wanted something more manageable.

I have not had time yet to tear out the foam and make everything sit in there with all the slots etc... But I like the case itself overall very much. Feels well built. Not the biggest fan of the locks since there are 4 of them (2 on the front and 1 on each side) and just dangle so they get in the way a bit when you try to close the case. This is a very minor nitpick. Just want to be honest.

I also admit it is just a "bit" too small depending on what you want. I wish it had maybe an extra 1/2 inch width wise (front to back) and maybe an inch or three length wise (side to side.) It is perfect depth wise. Very deep lid.

With that said once I get the foam in there I may feel differently to be honest. It is very hard to judge just sitting stuff in it kind of mocking it up.
It may end up being perfect. I will say that for the money you can't beat it! Comes filled with foam, 3 pieces that are pre-cut to make it easy to pull out what you need.

See the pics guys posted and see if that is enough to store everything you want. I can answer any questions if you have them.

In case (hehe see what I did there) Dream does not see this I can chime in.
I bought this same case based on his recommendation. I was going to use that Husky case, we discussed earlier in the thread, I got from Home Depot but it is just a bit too large. If you don't mind the size that is a great case. I just changed my mind and wanted something more manageable.

I have not had time yet to tear out the foam and make everything sit in there with all the slots etc... But I like the case itself overall very much. Feels well built. Not the biggest fan of the locks since there are 4 of them (2 on the front and 1 on each side) and just dangle so they get in the way a bit when you try to close the case. This is a very minor nitpick. Just want to be honest.

I also admit it is just a "bit" too small depending on what you want. I wish it had maybe an extra 1/2 inch width wise (front to back) and maybe an inch or three length wise (side to side.) It is perfect depth wise. Very deep lid.

With that said once I get the foam in there I may feel differently to be honest. It is very hard to judge just sitting stuff in it kind of mocking it up.
It may end up being perfect. I will say that for the money you can't beat it! Comes filled with foam, 3 pieces that are pre-cut to make it easy to pull out what you need.

See the pics guys posted and see if that is enough to store everything you want. I can answer any questions if you have them.
Thanks Paladin, When do have the foam, please post again and let us know. Pix, please, if you've figured a good layout. I'm looking for a small all-around hard case that can fit in my very small plane, works well in the field, and could be checked as luggage if needed.

Dreamwash,
Love it... fits everything perfectly and have no problem with latches. Keeps my bird and gear secure and I just toss it in the back of my car when I want to use it. Super glad it's not larger

That is a beautiful case but way too expensive.
Have not done my husky case yet, have not found a foam vendor near me.

That case is gorgeous and looks like an amazing case! I just can't justify spending over 25% of the cost of the H on a case. That's just too much money IMO.

That is how I feel. If you travel it may be worth it but for an average guy like me that just wants to store and transport the H from home to wherever, that is not worth it.

Reactions: m20b_pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval