Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hard crash + new parts installed = no work, what can I expect?

Reaction score
I purchased a Typhoon H Pro back on August 16. I have done NO firmware updates since then.

First, let me state this was 100% my fault. During first flight/battery, I got too close to a tree, panicked, and hit the "home" switch. Imagine my horror as the drone went straight up into the tree braches and dropped like a lead weight from about 15-20 feet.:eek:

Damage was two broken arms, three propellers, and the camera mount on the camera side.

I ordered the replacement parts through Vertigo Drones and they arrived quickly and were correct.

I was able to attach the new arms and replace the camera mount with minimal issues from the physical install standpoint.

Now, when I try to fire it up, I have two issues:
1) Camera doesn't connect on start up.
2) One or more of the motors doesn't work when I try a "dry" run with no props. I give it power and the controller complains about only five props being good.

What kind of support can I expect from Yuneec? I know it will cost me money but I'm out of patience to diagnose/fix these issues.

I purchased a Typhoon H Pro back on August 16. I have done NO firmware updates since then.

First, let me state this was 100% my fault. During first flight/battery, I got too close to a tree, panicked, and hit the "home" switch. Imagine my horror as the drone went straight up into the tree braches and dropped like a lead weight from about 15-20 feet.:eek:

Damage was two broken arms, three propellers, and the camera mount on the camera side.

I ordered the replacement parts through Vertigo Drones and they arrived quickly and were correct.

I was able to attach the new arms and replace the camera mount with minimal issues from the physical install standpoint.

Now, when I try to fire it up, I have two issues:
1) Camera doesn't connect on start up.
2) One or more of the motors doesn't work when I try a "dry" run with no props. I give it power and the controller complains about only five props being good.

What kind of support can I expect from Yuneec? I know it will cost me money but I'm out of patience to diagnose/fix these issues.

You really should call Yuneec :)

Reactions: Lil'John
Yea what Brian says. You will Lilly get telephone support no charge

The 5 motor warning is normal and it happens when the rotational resistance due to missing props or other condition doesn't match what it's expecting.

I would not run my motors without props

If the motors are not running and everything is connected proper you may have damaged the speed controller for that motor. Easy to test is to connect it to another port on a know working arm.

Bottom line call Yuneec. You will be surprised how helpfully they can be. It could save you tons of work and get you on the correct repair path quicker.

The 5 motor warning is normal and it happens when the rotational resistance due to missing props or other condition doesn't match what it's expecting.

If the motors are not running and everything is connected proper you may have damaged the speed controller for that motor. Easy to test is to connect it to another port on a know working arm.

Bottom line call Yuneec. You will be surprised how helpfully they can be. It could save you tons of work and get you on the correct repair path quicker.

It boggles my mind why anyone posts Before calling Yuneec! Its instant its a phone call not a bunch of maybe do this responses

I also dont think people actually know thier support line is open on Saturdays

It's surprising but true and very unexpected.

You really should call Yuneec :)

I've got an email out to Yuneec but sounds like I should just call instead :)

Drone_Video, thanks for the heads up on the missing props causing the issue. I barely gave it any power without props on before controller went insane with warning so I think there isn't any damage.

I may give it another run with props to see if I can get to only camera issue.

The reading I've done is that at some point Yuneec did a firmware update in the last month that did something to impact the camera. But I'm certain this isn't my case.

I've got an email out to Yuneec but sounds like I should just call instead :)

Drone_Video, thanks for the heads up on the missing props causing the issue. I barely gave it any power without props on before controller went insane with warning so I think there isn't any damage.

I may give it another run with props to see if I can get to only camera issue.

The reading I've done is that at some point Yuneec did a firmware update in the last month that did something to impact the camera. But I'm certain this isn't my case.

Boom! why would anyone send an email, when you know, you will have to wait forever to get a response, i is so simple it is mind boggling, pick up the phone! I promise you they won't bite, and they will tll you what to do next and I can personally GUARANTEE, THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU TO EMAIL SOMEONE!

so folks, lets start living in the real world and stop complaining about un-answered emails, when you have a Phone number to call..

From what I have seen. And I have been working hours on issues myself with Yuneec. The firmware is not your issue for the camera

If you did a firmware upgrade you for sure need to rebind the controller and camera again. There is videos on YouTube from forums. Members on how to do that.

But even if you didn't do the firmware you may have to rebind. If you camera is powering on but not connecting. Rebind it. It's also possible there is a wire broken on the camera and while it powers on it doesn't do something right and thus not work.

At the end of the day Call Yuneec. Email will be very slow.

If all your motors are spinning and only get the 5 motor warning when you put more power to them that's normal if they don't have props on them

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Drone, thank you again for your help. I put props on and that issue disappeared. So down to the camera issue :)

I also wouldn't have thought support would have been available on Saturday.

Brian, I prefer email over phone calls for a few reasons especially in this case:
1) It isn't a rush issue. This is a toy for me.
2) It allows me to provide more details and accuracy.
3) It allows me to digest the reply and accurately reproduce what I was told.

I've usually have VERY good experience with emails for various companies in the past so I tend to go that route first.

Reactions: Rayray
Drone, thank you again for your help. I put props on and that issue disappeared. So down to the camera issue :)

I also wouldn't have thought support would have been available on Saturday.

Brian, I prefer email over phone calls for a few reasons especially in this case:
1) It isn't a rush issue. This is a toy for me.
2) It allows me to provide more details and accuracy.
3) It allows me to digest the reply and accurately reproduce what I was told.

I've usually have VERY good experience with emails for various companies in the past so I tend to go that route first.

That's your choice then :) I applaud it...

I HATE phones ;)

I second that motion. With my poor memory, an email gives me a record. However, in this case needing tech support, the phone is the best choice because they may have you check something while still on the phone.

I second that motion. With my poor memory, an email gives me a record. However, in this case needing tech support, the phone is the best choice because they may have you check something while still on the phone.

Maybe change is order for the new world!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop