Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anybody come across how to calibrate the sticks?

Reaction score
I need to see if this will fix my drifting problem, I've got -5% to -10% in the aileron with hands off. It slips from 0 to this precent every second time I let go of the stick...so I'm not sure if the problem is actually the stick or the calibration, either way I'd like to try and calibrate it, but I can't find any procedure. Has anyone come across how to do this?

ahem.... @Yuneec_Usa or Yuneec anyone, if you are reading this and keeping a low profile on the forums, please PM me how to do

Have you checked with the hardware monitor to see if your sticks return to zero when they are returned to the center position?

Reactions: banned user
Have you checked with the hardware monitor to see if your sticks return to zero when they are returned to the center position?
Good point thanks, I have just checked that now. The J4 channel which is the one that is out, it is twitching up and down by just a fraction, so I guess it could be a physical thing on the controller internally.

Sounds like it might have dirt in the control. I think you found the problem in any case and I don't know of a good way to clean it. Probably best to call Yuneec and tell them what you have.

Not sure about the ST16, but it should be similar to doing the ST10/10+, see below! And good luck my friend! Sounds possible to fix!

Make sure the TH is level, then go to the right lower part of the screen. Touch the GPS, go to accelerometer , now calibrate. Do not touch anything till it is finished. It must be level. All should be well now.

Make sure the TH is level, then go to the right lower part of the screen. Touch the GPS, go to accelerometer , now calibrate. Do not touch anything till it is finished. It must be level. All should be well now.
Sounds like it might have dirt in the control. I think you found the problem in any case and I don't know of a good way to clean it. Probably best to call Yuneec and tell them what you have.
Not sure about the ST16, but it should be similar to doing the ST10/10+, see below! And good luck my friend! Sounds possible to fix!

Thanks, this looks like is a jammy stick on the ST16, the accelerometer calibration did not make any difference, I think something in the ST 16 is giving false inputs to the H.

I've just followed the video above; it worked almost fully; the menus are more or less the same on the ST16 compared to the one in the video.
I had to repeat the procedure a few times as either the camera or the rabbit slider ended up without their full range on the hardware monitor screen.
When starting, it seems that the camera slider needs to be up almost but not all the way up, and the rabbit slider to the bottom but not hard on the bottom. - In test, I ended up a few times with the camera on the H not tilting above 45 degrees or with the rabbit slider making continual bleeping noises, the same bleeping it makes when it's moved into and out of position, but the bleeping was on almost permeant - not pleasant.

Now I have finished the procedure with the camera starting on the H looking forward and it's slider almost to the top and this appears to give a good result.
The speed rabbit slider is now giving jerky increments to the top on the hardware monitor from where it is at it's new lowest position at about 20% from the bottom, hopefully this will not effect the flight characteristics of the H, but it's range seems almost as before.
I will give my dealer and or Yuneec a call tomorrow and see if there is a H specific written procedure or video, as it seems there are conditions specific to the H for the starting points of the sliders, other switches I started and finished in the off or how you would when taking off in angle mode.
After about the 5th re-calibration the fishy stick has settled down, so success there...

By the way, I noticed there are HDMI settings in this menu, maybe anyone who is having trouble with HDMI connections can find a fix here.

Thanks for all the help....

Thanks, this looks like is a jammy stick on the ST16, the accelerometer calibration did not make any difference, I think something in the ST 16 is giving false inputs to the H.

I've just followed the video above; it worked almost fully; the menus are more or less the same on the ST16 compared to the one in the video.
I had to repeat the procedure a few times as either the camera or the rabbit slider ended up without their full range on the hardware monitor screen.
When starting, it seems that the camera slider needs to be up almost but not all the way up, and the rabbit slider to the bottom but not hard on the bottom. - In test, I ended up a few times with the camera on the H not tilting above 45 degrees or with the rabbit slider making continual bleeping noises, the same bleeping it makes when it's moved into and out of position, but the bleeping was on almost permeant - not pleasant.

Now I have finished the procedure with the camera starting on the H looking forward and it's slider almost to the top and this appears to give a good result.
The speed rabbit slider is now giving jerky increments to the top on the hardware monitor from where it is at it's new lowest position at about 20% from the bottom, hopefully this will not effect the flight characteristics of the H, but it's range seems almost as before.
I will give my dealer and or Yuneec a call tomorrow and see if there is a H specific written procedure or video, as it seems there are conditions specific to the H for the starting points of the sliders, other switches I started and finished in the off or how you would when taking off in angle mode.
After about the 5th re-calibration the fishy stick has settled down, so success there...

By the way, I noticed there are HDMI settings in this menu, maybe anyone who is having trouble with HDMI connections can find a fix here.

Thanks for all the help....
Sounds like you've made good progress, i hope tomorrow's call get it 100%!

Did you solve the issue? My YAW stick SUCKS! And output is messed up. Trying to find out how to calibrate but Cant find anything on line? If You managed to get into stick calibrate.. HOW!?!

Did you solve the issue? My YAW stick SUCKS! And output is messed up. Trying to find out how to calibrate but Cant find anything on line? If You managed to get into stick calibrate.. HOW!?!
Do you have an H or Q500??

How does J2 react in the hardware monitor?
Yaw R is 49% (rabbit)
Yaw L is 72% (rabbit)

All other sticks and channels work as they should (I have a thread on this you were trying to help out but its officially an intermittent issue).

just turned it on again, and
Yaw R is 29% (rabbit)
Yaw L is 51% (rabbit)

yup. No matter what I do or how I tweak them, nothing helps 100% of the time. Waiting on a return call or email from yuneec but was hoping someone had done the calibration before on the 16

I have the same issue with that stick.
Yaw R is 49% (rabbit)
Yaw L is 72% (rabbit)

All other sticks and channels work as they should (I have a thread on this you were trying to help out but its officially an intermittent issue).

just turned it on again, and
Yaw R is 29% (rabbit)
Yaw L is 51% (rabbit)
My numbers are that weird too, they don't reach the maximum. More, once in channel settings I can see when I release J2 that it's not centered at all (yellow line) like the others do...

I have the same issue with that stick.

My numbers are that weird too, they don't reach the maximum. More, once in channel settings I can see when I release J2 that it's not centered at all (yellow line) like the others do...

Once you are into calibration, you need to roll the sticks around the corners. Do that on the first screen and the second. All sliders must be in the middle when you start. Once done, go back to hardware monitor to confirm proper behavior. Don't use the St10 procedure. The 16 is well documented on YouTube. My left stick did not snap to center and readings for yaw were coming back slowly. Persistence pays off and my sticks are behaving. My Dx9 needs occasional calibration but this radio seems to need more attention. The speed slider is an active DR switch that must now it's center or it's going to whack out a lot of flight behaviors. It's easy and fun to do on rainy days like today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ended up sending mine to Yuneec for repair. They walked me through calibration after persistence on my part. Almost seemed they didn't want consumer to have accesss to stick calibrations (wasn't on YouTube at the time that I could find).
They replaced the stick. But I was without a controller for 3 weeks. Ended up buying a p4 to pass the time.

I ended up sending mine to Yuneec for repair. They walked me through calibration after persistence on my part. Almost seemed they didn't want consumer to have accesss to stick calibrations (wasn't on YouTube at the time that I could find).
They replaced the stick. But I was without a controller for 3 weeks. Ended up buying a p4 to pass the time.

It is kind of hidden but should be part of our tools. I get them burying parameters that a novice should not touch but to make the menu hidden under extra taps of "about controller" is funny. You go to hardware monitor and see a problem there should be calibrate button right there. It's a pretty deep radio and does require love from the user. I may still send in if mine persists as it does seem they got some bad jobber sticks in them that come back for awhile but then lose function over time. I'm glad it's the left though as if it was the throttle side I'd be bummed. I can handle yaw being non responsive with kicking up towards rabbit a little and use the pan knob more than yaw pans anyway so the left stick funkiness is not something I get anxiety over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval