Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anyone else heard this "rumor" about Remote ID?

Reaction score
I heard that the FAA may not require Remote ID on flights below 300ft. Saw this on Ken Heron's TNL YouTube broadcast last night. Has anyone else heard this?

Art

I googled what I could and came up blank.
But this is a great rumor.
I wish they are going to do this, because it would revive the drone market again.
This whole thing has slowed the drone market to a crawl.
Would be easy to implement with settings most drones already have built into them.
The original 500ft limitation was perfect.
I'm a student pilot and even small planes don't fly below 500ft accept right at landing and takeoff. Removing requirement to use remote id for flights below 300ft would make everything so much more easy, fun and convenient.
Already we have the issues with batteries needing to be in storage voltage and needing a top off charge before flight.
I wish someone invented a new battery we could store at full charge and not end up swelling the battery.
Plus wind speed or rain to limit flight ability.
Once you add going into an app and getting approval it becomes all to much of a pain to fly the drone.
I would say on the flip side, I can see there would have been issues with pilots flying around people. For example flying a drone on the strip in Las Vegas. Would definitely make eye popping video. But should the drone malfunction, it could cause serious injury to someone.
You can see how Russia has used remote id on dji drones to target the drones remote control. Instead of shooting the drone, dji provided Russia with software to locate the remote controlled so they can missile strike and kill the operator of the drone.
I wonder if the drone return to home feature ends up landing the drone into a bomb crater where the operator used to be standing?
I'm really getting sick of this remote id $hit.
But guns are available to everyone everywhere. Drones should be a constitutional freedom too.
Sorry for the anger.
This rumor may be a very possible outcome since the final implantation is still not complete.
Would allow older drones to fly and be sold to newcomers to the sport.
Selling older drones creates money to buy new drones.
Newcomer's turn into buyers of new drones after plant experiences flying older drones.
Equals more new drone sales.

Op,
Can you tell us what episode number you saw this on, Ken Heron's TNL?
I'm looking, can't remember the episode #, but it was this past Thursday. I'll ask Ken he may remember.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox