Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has Anyone Noticed?

Reaction score
Just realized something after 50+ flights on my H. If you switch to "Setting" on the 16, And it asked"Are You Sure, St16 Will Disconnect From H "(Or something Along that line!) And select "Yes" it will kill the motors! I never messed with this ever and would never do during a flight !. But It does this during idle on the ground, I am curious if you switch while in flight , that it will kill motors and you will drop like a brick ! I definitely won't be trying to see if it does? LOL, But curious, as that would be a BIG NO NO ! Has anyone tried this or have facts that it would? Could be a issue with those who are not aware ! :eek:

Reactions: humboldt 707
I would HOPE that the programmers were smart enought to check to see if the current altitude is above (or below) the initialization point by more than a certain amount that it would either not allow you accidently kill the motors, or give you another warning that it can't comply because you are in flight and doing so would be a BIG safety issue. Maybe I can do a test by initializing the H on the ground, then move it up to the porch so that I get a different altitude reading (but still just in idle) and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone
I would HOPE that the programmers were smart enought to check to see if the currently altitude is above (or below) the initialization point by more than a certain amount that it would either not allow you accidently kill the motors, or give you another warning that it can't comply because you are in flight and doing so would be a BIG safety issue. Maybe I can do a test by initializing the H on the ground, then move it up to the porch so that I get a different altitude reading (but still just in idle) and see what happens.
Yes, I was wondering the same, does the barometer or speed of motors send a signal to main control that you are in the air/off ground ! All I know is in idle, whether on the ground or on a table 5 feet off the ground, Poof ! Off they go ! And since the basic H has no IPS yet, it cannot sense ground levels as of yet !

Very easy to try this. I am guessing it should. Since the H dont have IPS, put in it hover about 6 to 6.5 feet off ground have a buddy walk under it, put landing gear down. tell buddy to lightly hold landing and try it. if it keeps flying ok, if not your buddy is there to grab it.

Very easy to try this. I am guessing it should. Since the H dont have IPS, put in it hover about 6 to 6.5 feet off ground have a buddy walk under it, put landing gear down. tell buddy to lightly hold landing and try it. if it keeps flying ok, if not your buddy is there to grab it.
I leave that one to you and your buddy ! LOL !:rolleyes: I don't have no buddies ! LOL! And I like it that way ! ;)

I would guess that since your H will hover and is "supposed" to RTH if it looses signal from the ST16, that it would act the same way.

The H does not know if it simply got too far from the ST16 or if you killed the signal, it only knows it is no longer talking to it.

No reason to think otherwise.

Now I will be proven wrong. i:)i

I'm with you DC, I noticed when you start the motors and have them idling, even if you are in Pad or Systems settings or
Channel Settings or Model select, as soon as you click OK the motors will shut off, I for one will never test it in flight. Don't see the
reasoning to look other places while flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval