Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anyone used the real sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just curious because I have no intentions of riding a bike through trees and swamps. Does it really work?

YES it really works,,, and at times can be a complete pain in arrus. I took mine off cause I never fly outside line of site and actually getting longer flight times

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Well you have good intentions but once again does it really work? Lol

Good... now repeat the above, but fly backwards with the camera oriented at 180° and see what happens...

point being that the system works as designed, but with definite limits. It is the pilot's responsibility to know what those limits are... from actual flights, not just specs from the OEM manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 9:20 am and after learning that I asked a dumb question it's Miller time.

It was not necessarily a dumb question... and my reponse was not to make you feel dumb... just pointing out that despite slick advertising videos of RS capabilities, no automated system is foolproof.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
It was not necessarily a dumb question... and my reponse was not to make you feel dumb... just pointing out that despite slick advertising videos of RS capabilities, no automated system is foolproof.

Autel is getting better at it. But I will always love my
TY - H

Last edited:
Realsense does not see Above or Behind the H. So if your flying backwards you'll run into stuff.

Autel is getting better at it. But I will always love my
TY - H

The Evo II Pro advertises a much greater distribution of sensors for their avoidance system. Since that model is now in stock, we will soon see some real world demonstrations of it's true performance.

Since I put myself on their email update list... when I say in stock, I mean I got the notification of availability from B&H Photo, today.

The Evo II Pro advertises a much greater distribution of sensors for their avoidance system. Since that model is now in stock, we will soon see some real world demonstrations of it's true performance.

Since I put myself on their email update list... when I say in stock, I mean I got the notification of availability from B&H Photo, today.

I wish it was a hexacopter.
For that extra added bit
of protection.
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: Mike Irish

am also interested in the Evo 11 pro and would love to hear your thoughts on it when you have flown it for a couple of weeks.
Cheers.
Mike

I think real sense works again as long as your flying fwd. I have not tried anything like they show in the vid, but I have used it to fly close to trees and buildings for inspection it helps you maintain a safe distance. I have not tried to run full speed into a wall although I suspect it would try to stop and back away (again the 12mph speed). I have had it swing out around trees when in follow me mode, while keeping a close eye on it. Other then that I have not challenged it further. Hope this helps.

Not that Yuneec is likely to be interested.... Intel has a new version of Realsense

As mentioned many times having one Realsense on a drone isn’t a lot of protection.
Don't think that's for the H it's more medical and robotics related plus after the H3 has run its course I don't think yuneec will be back with any newer models

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diagram overseer