Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has Today's New Firmware Helped Anyone?

Ok I have a question. I didn't do the sept.1 update. Do to all the issues. Now that yuneec has done another update. Do I have to or need to install the sept.1 update before installing this update. I down loaded the other up date so I have it on my computer.

To answer your question it is my understanding that the firmware updates are " cumulative" and you can skip the previous one you did not wish to download. That is a fortunate thing I'm my opinion. Why put bad before the correction? Many of us were holding off the upgrade from 9/1/16 until we got an " all clear"on the one this week.

Besides wasting our time and patience? Just curious if all the issues from 9/1/2016 have been corrected, i.e. Compass Warning, Landing Gear sticking, squirrelly flying and drifting and on and on!
Roll on some good news !!!:confused:

Editor's Memo: Vote on this update here: Important TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin
For the record I have had no issues since the last update as you posted.....You may be one of few with an isolated issue as everything works just fine with my TH PRO after the last update. Looking forward to the NEW update to see what more Yuneec brings to us. Now Go out and enjoy and I hope you get your drone working to your satisfaction.

I'll be down for a month now after doing the update. My gimbal has frozen and won't stop beeping. Several techs at Yuneec tried to help. Have to mail it in for repair. I am NOT updating any more unless it's critical.

Hi David, Sorry to hear your gimbal is locked up. You stated in the "other" thread that " Put the gimbal back on and now it just locks up immediately and gives me three slow beeps." Did you remove gimbal after update? Is the rear light normal? Does the gimbal move at powerup then lock?

I think its a good idea starting a new thread for the latest firmware. Amazing to me how few people have done the update (based on posts). I think alot of us are just waiting to hear back...

That's what I'm doing, waiting to hear, but it seems not to many people are chiming in to let us know one way or the other. Guess I'll wait another week ... then bite the bullet and update.

Pretty bad when people are terrified to use a update from a company thats suppose to be trusted and helping them improve their flying experience. Seems like everyone is hiding in the shadows waiting for the OK you can come out now LOl
I would say Yuneec has taken peoples trust to a very low level on these last two updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had the autopilot 1.26 with the compass problem and drift on straight ways and sometimes toilet boil...

I now on way to test 1.27 and hope it works again... I will report about the results later

Well, I risked it. After some of the compass calibration horror stories with fly aways and such, I looked at my telemetry data and sure enough, there were error 32, compass calibration errors which occurred in the middle of my flight even though I wasn't seeing them on my ST16. I figured it was only a matter of time with the last V1.26 Autopilot. Still have to test it yet so I'll keep you posted.

Greg

have tested....autopilot 1.27

in the beginning it seems it was a little better. I have fly foward and backward with 2 meter drift...(before 4-5m) i fly a little around, dont get errors in st16... only the fly wasnt very nice
often drifts in wrong way...in end everytime "i stop" give control, that H starts toilet boil cycles....in end it was realy heavy and i get error after landing...no orange or other warnings on the H Status LED

the only thing what i have notice is that the "trim flight" now start at 12, not at 20 like before

but to do a job with this craft is at moment impossible!

I thinking about to give it back, have tried all:
-fix cam sharpness
-use better antenna (itelite DBS)
-have updated all
-have tried to work out with YUNEEC , but they can't
-have tried to fix some programming in st16

resume:
-pictures are sharp and ok for this sensor
-4K videos and others work now good with25f
-white balance ...is bad...manual is missing
-trim buttons can't used in manual cam mode
-the H doesn't hold the height very well
-CCC is risky if you go under 3m because curves can touch the ground, would be helpful if the curves are smaller
-Indoor flight is horrible, because no IPS and if you turn off GPS you have double speed...with the bad hold Positions of H it's very risky
-you have big latency on control and on video transmission... very risky to do professional shoots with it. only with a big distance some global views are possible, but to shoot an artist, a logo on a building and so on ...the latency kills copter or what's more important the object.

Last edited:
now I have downgrade my firmware of autopilot to 1.25. I have got the information this version don't have problem with compass... so tomorrow I will test that...

I hope this will work, because I want a H who fly how I control him...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
now I have downgrade my firmware of autopilot to 1.25. I have got the information this version don't have problem with compass... so tomorrow I will test that...

I hope this will work, because I want a H who fly how I control him...
Eric, If you downgrade just the Auto Pilot and not the ST 16, It probably won't work, as Yuneec stated in the two ST16/H upgrades you had to do both! Plus, How did you downgrade, I was told it was not possible to go back! I understand your issues and frustrations, but if Yuneec is right about downgrading and your ST16 is not compatible and same for switching the H, You may have opened a can of worms my friend, be careful !:eek:

hi ...no the box of worms is still closed... but thank you much for warning. I have got the informations from YUNEEC and get an extra file to downgrade the autopilot... and they didn't said something about complications of st16 in that combination...

we will see how it works...I hope it will, because I like the bird, like hexa and hope we got soon update

My wishes:
-fix the autopilot with compass
-that I can tap a warning away
-trim for cam manual (iso/shutter)
-flight log programm works and export
-CCC is more safe in height (smaller curves)
-CCC is possible to cycle and set speed direct by stick
-POI speed
-Wizard enable follow, but I can take full control with aux again if needed...or switch for start and landing
-to change in st16 smart or coming home to GPS off
-to enable st10+ for second controller (I have heard its in pipeline)
-IPS module for stable indoor flight

Reactions: DroneClone
I updated and was disappointed with the position holding. It drifted about 2 metres on take off, then decided to stay still. But then it gained 4 foot in altitude (visual). Calibrated accelerometer after update and compass before flight in the most ideal way. It has never misbehaved and has been spot on, even with the Update at the beginning of September. Losing my faith in this thing and don't really feel that I can take it anywhere but my field, which is a shame as there are so many beautiful places around me that I'd love to film. What a balls up.... Mind you, I can't even buy a bloody bag for it... What was I thinking!!!

Reactions: DroneClone
I have upgraded, calibrated accelerometer, compass, gimbal and RC. flies like a dream. I will do a thread later on calibrating the RC, I believe this is where the drift problems are coming from.

mine flies great after all of the updates .. i never had any compass errors or any significant drifting of any kind .. i did calibrate everything after updating yesterday

I keep seeing entries in this and other blogs where the H and 16 were sent back to Yuneec and they would be gone for a month or longer. I have Sent both back to H on two occasions. The first due to a crash, the second due to a bad GPS board. In each case, Yuneec emailed the RA and a shipping label. It went UPS from Indiana to California, took four days to and from. They completed repairs within 2-3 days. So I was down for two weeks tops. I have always had a timely response from Yuneec. After the GPS board was replaced, I still had a toilet bowl when hovering. They had me send it back again, but this time as soon as UPS picked it up from my home, Yuneec shipped a NEW H and 16 on the same day. They have always provided excellent customer service.

Along with this thread. When the first FW update came out I started having problems with telemetry loss at shorter ranges. Previously I would reach 3200 feet on stock antennas. After the update I would lose telemetry as low as 900 feet. My H is due to arrive back tomorrow. So I will be anxious to update the FW and test it.

I had called Yuneec regarding all the blogs with telemetry issues. They claimed there were no telemetry issues as no one had called to report them. I do not know if these discussions are somehow referred to Yuneec or not. But if not maybe we should and this would provided a voice to yuneec from our members to help identify and push for fixes sooner. Just a thought.

Just did two 13 minute flights today for photogrammetry pics. No issues with this latest firmware so far. Held altitude very well and actually seemed less wobbly just off center stick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio