Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hate to ask-Resale Value

Reaction score
First, let me admit something. I have TONS of quads, multis and things that fly. I bought my H on a whim one day at my LHS.

I really wanted to like it, and if it worked as it was advertised, I would, but between all the firmware problems and a questionable camera at best, it's time to part ways. With GoPro Karma on the horizon, it's time to try something else.

This thread is NOT an offer to sell, hence the reason it's not in the classifieds.

I have < 10 hours on it. Truth be known, it's probably < 3. I have one extra battery and the charging connector the guy here is selling. Everything that comes in the box including the brown box the thing ships in. It's all IMMACULATE. Literally.

I'm just wondering how hard the hit is on the resale market. What's it worth, and before some smart mouth tells me. I know whatever somebody will pay me for it. :D

I'm not willing to take a big hit. That's why I'm asking. If I have to give it away, it can just hang on the wall with everything else. I'm just figuring if I have very little confidence in it anyway and want something else, why not fund it with that money.

Thanks in advance.

You won't get enough to buy a Karma, I suspect - that looks to be quite scarily overpriced. :)

Personally, I'd never want to buy a second hand drone of any make - you just don't know what the last guy did to it. I've not seen a make of drone that is free from bugs, bad gimbals, faulty guidance systems, badly applied firmware updates and dud batteries, so buying a second hand one leaves you open to a world of pain. From what little I've seen, I think the used prices reflect that.

Reactions: abinder
I've sold all of my previous drones successfully, its no big deal, people who cannot buy new will happily buy second hand and risk needing to replace a motor or two, but we all know the motors will out last our interest so they're save.

I would suggest using eBay as they have a price recommendation facility whereby they compare your product with others like it sold recently and will give you a good indication. You don't have to submit it for sale, just quite before its listed.

if you are not happy with the performance of your H and really want it , call Yuneec and ask them to fix the problems if you have so many things wrong , maybe they will give you a new unit , you won't know until you call .
as for taking a hit on a selling and telling the buyer the faults your H has it will send the price down considerably . it sucks when you buy something they say is great and then find out not even close to what they say .

There's nothing wrong with it. I thought I made that clear. It is just like every other H. That's what I don't want.

There's nothing wrong with it. I thought I made that clear. It is just like every other H. That's what I don't want.
i'm sorry but the way i read it " if it worked as it was advertised, I would, but between all the firmware problems and a questionable camera at best, it's time to part ways " . it sounds like you are having problems with your H , just be aware a new H is going for $1099.00 with a warrante .

First, let me admit something. I have TONS of quads, multis and things that fly. I bought my H on a whim one day at my LHS.

I really wanted to like it, and if it worked as it was advertised, I would, but between all the firmware problems and a questionable camera at best, it's time to part ways. With GoPro Karma on the horizon, it's time to try something else.

This thread is NOT an offer to sell, hence the reason it's not in the classifieds.

I have < 10 hours on it. Truth be known, it's probably < 3. I have one extra battery and the charging connector the guy here is selling. Everything that comes in the box including the brown box the thing ships in. It's all IMMACULATE. Literally.

I'm just wondering how hard the hit is on the resale market. What's it worth, and before some smart mouth tells me. I know whatever somebody will pay me for it. :D

I'm not willing to take a big hit. That's why I'm asking. If I have to give it away, it can just hang on the wall with everything else. I'm just figuring if I have very little confidence in it anyway and want something else, why not fund it with that money.

Thanks in advance.
I would say its worth $1050.00

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Tough one to answer...

For some of the reasons you mention for selling are the same reasons why I'd hesitate buying a used H. I had no such qualms when I bought a used Phantom 4 recently. I had the seller show me everything works and it as a done deal. Months later, no issues with it. I also got it at a very good price.

I think if someone is in the know about the "H" you might get 800 bucks. For someone that doesn't know, maybe 900 bucks. Thats what I'd feel comfortable asking knowing what I know about the "H", even though my current H has been very good...

Just a suggestion but I would hang onto your Typhoon until you see some independent reviews of the GoPro Karma, or the soon to be released DJI Mavic.

The Karma and Typhoon H are in very different leagues from each other. The Karma is a nice portable drone with a great removable camera, but with very limited drone features. The battery life is 20 mins, which really means 15 mins in real life. The range is 1000 meters, which really means 500 meters in real world use, unless you're at the top of a mountain peak. It can not fly (like all selfie drones) if there are wind gusts. It can't return to home if it is windy. Due to size I would guess it will be difficult to get smooth video shots in the real world without noticing some directional movement (the gimbal can only do so much & the rest is up to the camera's internal image stabilization). It can not fly indoors (no IPS). It has no follow-me mode which is strange, unless I missed it (perhaps it will come later). It works on only one frequency and I can't figure out if that is only for the drone or the drone and camera. Also no obstacle avoidance so you really have to be mindful of where it is when out and about. Also, like every drone on the market, there will be many firmware updates for the Drone, Motion Stick, Controller in the first year, especially since it is a new product.

To me, the Breeze, Karma or soon to be released Mavic would make a great addition to the Typhoon H, but they just can't replace all the cool things the Typhoon can do. My favourite thing about the selfie drones is that they are all so portable and simple to use, and that will be their best selling feature.

I have multiple quads including Multiple 350 qx's, a P3P, a P4 and an Inspire That's why I was considering selling it. I never really needed it anyway and I don't need Karma to do what the H does. I get that.

I think I'm going to just hang on and see where the wind blows. I've waited this long. I'll end up with a Karma next month regardless. That's just the way I am. I've been into RC flying for the long haul for a long time.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuadBart and JohnL
I think I'm going to just hang on and see where the wind blows. I've waited this long. I'll end up with a Larma next month regardless. That's just the way I am. I've been into RC flying for the long haul for a long time.

Thanks guys.

As long as you're enjoying your drones, and getting some decent flights in, that's the important thing. Personally I think the H is going to be a slow burner. Yuneec are pretty committed to a modular platform and clearly have a lot of ambitions for adding features to the H - both hardware and software. I have a feeling that in a few months time our H's will be doing more than they do today, and will have more tricks and smart functions. For me that's the difference between a 'platform' like the H and a consumer product like the current crop of selfie drones that just aren't designed for upgrades and improvement. Each suit their particular market.

As long as you're enjoying your drones, and getting some decent flights in, that's the important thing. Personally I think the H is going to be a slow burner. Yuneec are pretty committed to a modular platform and clearly have a lot of ambitions for adding features to the H - both hardware and software. I have a feeling that in a few months time our H's will be doing more than they do today, and will have more tricks and smart functions. For me that's the difference between a 'platform' like the H and a consumer product like the current crop of selfie drones that just aren't designed for upgrades and improvement. Each suit their particular market.

I think you are right. Flying the H is great. The modular concept is brilliant for future proofing if Yuneec thinks it has a future? Putting up with the seemingly inept bunch who run parts of the Yuneec organisation (UK excepted) day to day is the price of ownership. The energy, enthusiasm and effort that launched Karma is a training 101 study for Yuneec.

I am on the latest firmware (9-13) and I have yet to send it out. I have hoovered it for a battery with no Problems. i am a firm believer in if there is to be a problem it will raise its ugly head on the first battery. So far so good. Fly safe.

I am on the latest firmware (9-13) and I have yet to send it out. I have hoovered it for a battery with no Problems. i am a firm believer in if there is to be a problem it will raise its ugly head on the first battery. So far so good. Fly safe.

Mine didn't take off and fly away until the third battery after the latest update.... so there's that.

I have a feeling that in a few months time our H's will be doing more than they do today, and will have more tricks and smart functions.

I agree with most of the comments so far. Having a RealSense Pro since July 18 (with no problems not of my own fault) and seeing it time after time while in Watch or Follow mode pilot itself around and over numerous trees, some giant oaks 100' tall, still amazes me. Sure, I want to see a better camera, but I think the future will see the RealSense "pilot" improve, see farther, fly faster, and be much more than a gimmick...

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
Ray I'm one of the first Beta testers taking delivery May 15..Excited is an understatement. I watched in horror the banting bout the camera etc.My first FW update went uneventful for me Not much changed with July FW. Now the Sept 1 saw a return to normal 5 min segments but the cameras clarity focus and colors are outstanding. really dont know bout the Sept 13 update, I just hope it is still the same as it was. I hope who ever is writing it doesnt change it just corrects it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval