Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Have questions about ST16 Transmitter/Ground Station

Reaction score
Someone gave me a ST16 Transmitter. I do not own any Yuneec drones however I do fly FPV drones that I have built myself. I was wondering if I can bind the ST16 to any other receivers or if there was a receiver that i could buy that would bind to it? Also, is the video receiver in the ST16 running at 5.8GHZ? I would really like to use the ST16 to control my quads any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

The ST16 uses 2.4GHz Zigbee protocol for RC control. The video is via 5.6 GHz wifi.

Look in the forum. Hare has a few threads, which can help you a lot.

Look for posts by @dylanfm in this thread St16 v1. where he used the STxx controller to operate an RC car using an SR24 (Zigbee transceiver) in the car.

The 2.4GHz RC signal is ZigBee protocol. This is not compatible with other protocols know in the RC business like HOTT, DSMX, Crossfire or FRSky.... There maybe more.
You need to get a SR24 transmitter. I do not know if a cheap ZigBee stick can be used. Of course it can, but we have no compatible firmware for.
A possibility would be the YUNSIM firmware. But I have not tested it yet for such cases. Maybe I do sometime. It seems to me that the need is not so big compared to the effort. The community is very limited for such cases - see Thunderbird firmware. Nobody is joining the community to help and the only one developer has better things to do for sure.

At the 5GHz video connection it looks different. This is plain WiFi with a fix IP address. The usual protocols are used: RTSP and HTTP. All is good documented. For Android the CGO app is available. RTSP can be received via internet browser or any RTSP-able player like VLC.
But however, it works only with CGO3 cameras that delivers the WiFi hotspot.

All in all we can say it is a closed system, not compatible with other knows RC systems except PX4 autopilot. It has already SR24 libraries that can be compiled in own PX firmware.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
Someone gave me a ST16 Transmitter. I do not own any Yuneec drones however I do fly FPV drones that I have built myself. I was wondering if I can bind the ST16 to any other receivers or if there was a receiver that i could buy that would bind to it? Also, is the video receiver in the ST16 running at 5.8GHZ? I would really like to use the ST16 to control my quads any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
I’m Wondering if I can use my ST16 with a Yuneec receiver (can be purchased on eBay) to fly a fpv quadcopter but just for controller / would use different vtx/goggles for fpv video

yes, the ST16 Transmitter can be bound to other receivers, as long as they are compatible with the ST16 protocol. You can check the specifications of your FPV drone's receiver to see if it is compatible. If not, you can purchase a compatible receiver such as the Yuneec Breeze Receiver or the FrSky X8R receiver. As for the video receiver in the ST16, it does run at 5.8GHz. You can use the ST16 to control your FPV drones, but you may need to make some modifications or adjustments to the receiver and/or the drone's flight controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi