Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello fello flyers!

Reaction score
Just thought I would drop in to say hello. Always wanted to fly rc helicopters and I even have one on my shelf as a reminder that I cannot fly them! No, there's no damage to it, but, I am afraid I'm going to damage it and I respect helos too much to fail one. THEN !!! I found drones!!! Why not, there are multi engine helos anyway! I will only fly GPS drones because I prefer a precaution to save my wallet some heartache. My very first drone was the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K because I was so impressed with it and it takes video and photos!!! I felt bad for a friend of mine who flew cheap junk and always crashed and burned. I sold him my Q500 4K after watching him fly it at my home, for $250. It was like new and I had bought it from a pilot for $450. Soon after, he told me that it fell off his shelf at home and hit the floor and was never right, after that. He even took it to Best Buy and told me they charged him $50 and did nothing. It sat for a year until I told him to bring everything back to me and I would give him a new one, and this time he had better be careful.
I had showed him my new one(lest than 15 hours) on my shelf and he liked it. I got a deal for another Typhoon Q500 4K w/ a crashed Q500 4K and a new Typhoon H !! I always wanted the H! My friend's Q500 4K must have had a bad landing because the camera was using the INCLUDED pigtail camera wire included with the drone. I took it out side after making sure everything was charged up and I flew it and took snap shots with it and video and all worked just find. So, he gives me a crashed Q500 4K that he bought from me for $250 and I hive him another RTF for about $500. That means I have about $750 invested in him LOL!!!! This is his last chance. He's a good guy. Also with the Q500 4K and the 'H', included was a crashed Q500 4K (minus the camera and gimble). SOOOOOO, now I have a new 'H' (w/ camera problems BUT, I have a new camera on the way, a new Q500 4K and two crashed Q500 4K's and all kinds of spare batteries, etc. that come with them!!!!! I love spare goodies!!! Now I have 6 batteries for the Q500 4K, but only one for the 'H'. Also plenty of chargers and props, radios, etc.!!! Don't know what I'm going to do with the crashed Q500 4K's though with everything intact. Not much into electronics and stuff or I would build a mega drone..

Now that that is out of the way, I'm originally from Michigan, living in mid/north Florida on the east coast since 1993. I'm basically retired and doing nothing but hangin' out and flying my drones, loving my cats, and enjoying my hobbies. I hope to buy a new motorcycle soon. I take a lot of photos with my Nikon and have a blast doing so. Anyway, glad to meet you al and I'm glad to find such an information filled website with people dedicated to helping others in this great sport and I love photography!!!

Thanks and Semper Fi , Scott

Attachments

• NewHouseMiniBikeHelo 183.JPG
    NewHouseMiniBikeHelo 183.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • CatsHeloMiniBikeAirplaneEtc 207.JPG
    CatsHeloMiniBikeAirplaneEtc 207.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
  • CatsHeloMiniBikeAirplaneEtc 434.JPG
    CatsHeloMiniBikeAirplaneEtc 434.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 12
  • YUN00007.jpg
    YUN00007.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 150205499915239.jpg
    150205499915239.jpg
    848.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 00000000000000000000000000.jpg
    00000000000000000000000000.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 00000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    00000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 00000000000000000000.jpg
    00000000000000000000.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

I am a migrating Michigander! Summers in Genesee, MI and winters in The Villages, FL.

Time to drag out the soldering iron and fix a couple of Q500’s.

Reactions: TyphoonAddict
You must have good seats for the launches at the Cape.

You must have good seats for the launches at the Cape.
Not really. I believe they are about 80 miles south and I have some big maples blocking my horizon. I have to watch close but I get a good shot from time to time. Not all rockets launch to the north unfortunately.

Last edited:
The Shuttle launches were visible from here in The Villages, but the newer stuff is difficult to see, if at all.

I'm about 25 miles from the Cape and we watch them all the time. When the Shuttle was still operational, we would drive out and watch from a few miles away, but now the launches are so frequent we just watch from the backyard. Depending on time of day we used to could hear the shuttle launch and now when the Falcon heavy goes we get a tremendous report for almost a minute of movie-theatre-like booming. Just looked and one is going up tomorrow.

Welcome, You have come to what has to be thee worlds best forums. You can ask anything drone related here and someone will respond in minutes. Theres some great old crusties here than can take apart a flight log and tell you exactly what happened if ya do crash.
Parts are always available from a member named... YuneecSkins.com. I think he has everything on his site

Welcome, You have come to what has to be thee worlds best forums. You can ask anything drone related here and someone will respond in minutes. Theres some great old crusties here than can take apart a flight log and tell you exactly what happened if ya do crash.
Parts are always available from a member named... YuneecSkins.com. I think he has everything on his site
I agree! It is nice to find a forum full of life and great advice! I don't remember when I originally joined, but ( yes I do, LOL), I was without a bird for about a year and a half. Been trying to find an 'H' for some time, then a deal for both a two new Q500 4K and one 'H' including two crashed Q500 4K's w/ radios and spare parts everywhere! My only gripe is, I only have one 'H' battery right now... It's great to be back part of the family!! Thank-You for the grand welcome sir!

I'm about 25 miles from the Cape and we watch them all the time. When the Shuttle was still operational, we would drive out and watch from a few miles away, but now the launches are so frequent we just watch from the backyard. Depending on time of day we used to could hear the shuttle launch and now when the Falcon heavy goes we get a tremendous report for almost a minute of movie-theatre-like booming. Just looked and one is going up tomorrow.
Don't you mean depending on which way the wind is blowing? I can only hear the military training at the Ocala National Forest bombing range ( and we are about 80 miles east of that), if the winds are blowing towards us or east. If the winds are blowing west, we don't hear anything and most times we feel it too. Strange how sound carries that far. I love the 'sonic booms' from the shuttle launches that sound like thunder!!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Sort of. Yes wind direction plays a big part for sure but I have found that during certain times of the day there is car and road noise as well as things like lawn mowers and just general neighborhood noise that is distracting so I tend to like the early morning and evening shots the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval