Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Pensacola, Florida USA

Reaction score
Hello fellow Yuneec Pilots. Happy to be a part of this forum. Been reading a lot for the past few months, getting my feet wet in the drone world. Ironically, just a few months ago I was NOT into these 'stupid toy drones' as I had previously called them. I had bought a Holy Stone HS200W for my nephew last Christmas and he left it at my house one weekend. Having a bit of free time, I decided to take it outside and try it out. Needless to say, I fell in love with it. I thought it was so cool to fly that little speedster around.

Feeling confident about my skills (never flew it in Headless Mode), I wanted to get one of my own. After doing some research, I settled on the UDI Falcon, which I liked the look of. It was a bigger quadcopter, which I liked. I wasn't looking to have high-end specs or 4k video or anything, I just wanted something to fly during my free time. While the Falcon was nice, I wanted something with altitude hold to make it a little easier to fly (the UDI Falcon did not have it). My skills did improve drastically learning to fly without altitude hold though.

I then wanted to move up to a 'Big-Boy' quadcopter, and I was looking at a DJI Phantom 3. I had the cool opportunity to fly one at my job to take an aerial photo of our facility (our company had a DJI Phantom 3 Standard). I thought it was pretty awesome, but I was not a fan of having to connect my own phone considering the price of the Phantom 3. I started looking at other drones that had a built-in display on the transmitter, and was led to the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 series.

After doing some intensive research and watching many videos on Youtube about the Q500 series, I was ready to purchase one. By luck or fate, I stumbled across a video for the JXD 506G, which led me to the JXD 507G. I then realized the JXD 507G was a smaller knock-off of the Q500, so I wanted to purchase one and see how it felt. I found some listings on an online website and purchased one. The day I got it, I charged the battery up and took it out on it's maiden flight. No issues at all. I loved it! On the second day, I took it out to fly again, and it promptly flew back to China! The funny thing is I wasn't even disappointed. I made the decision right then to go ahead and get the Q500, which is what I really wanted all along.

I found a sweet deal on eBay for a used, like-new never flown Typhoon G and won the bid at a great price. I bought a GitUp Git2 camera and a second battery to complete my package. Once I got the Typhoon G, I took it out on it's maiden voyage. Man, it was sweet. I love the look of it, like something from Star Trek or Star Wars, completely opposite from the plain, cookie-cutter design of the DJI Phantom series.

My girl flies like a dream. I only fly in angle mode. The GitUp Git2 camera works flawlessly. I haven't done any long range tests with the quadcopter yet, but I am confident I can get the standard distance out of it. I have taken it to the max altitude with no issues. Got my FAA registration and am looking at insuring it with State Farm.

I am glad to be part of this forum, as you guys have already helped me out tremendously during my time spent researching the Typhoon G before I made my purchase. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forums.
Please do not hesitate to ask if we can be of any help Some things to make your flights pleasurable.
READ the entire manual:
We have a dedicated area for the Typhoon G that can be found here: Typhoon G Help
And general discussion for the Typhoon G is here: Typhoon G Discussion
Visit our general discussion area and put your pin in the map. Yuneec Typhoon Pilots Home Locations Map

Bob

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Yuneec quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Reactions: TheBeastUSA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval