Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELP GIMBAL WIRES BROKE ON +CG03

Reaction score
image.jpeg crashed the drone and the gimbal camera has detached totally any one have any top on how to repair or does it need to be sent back to yuneec for full repair

Very sorry to see this. I've never seen inside one of these, so I'm just going on experience of fiddling with similar things.
Apart from the white wire, the wires look like they've pulled out of some connector. Can you tell where they've come from?
I'd send it away if there's any obvious damage to the plastic, gimbal or camera. If there isn't and you feel confident with a screwdriver, you could try unscrewing the plate the wires go through. Then you have the problem of working out where the wires attach and reattaching them. You may also need to strip some of the plastic off the white wire. Then reattach the plates.
If you want to try this and I'm not sure I would, I'd take photos as you go along so you can refer to them during reassembly if necessary.
HTH and good luck. Let us know how you get on, please.

This looks similar to the older GGO3 camera. If you feel comfortable in disassembling the gimbal a bit more you may see where the wires were attached. This is a shot of a similar problem with the CGO3:
CGO3 gimbal wires.jpg

Steve, have you taken a gimbal apart? I'm curious as to what's in there and how do they work? They spin so freely I'm having problems believing they're geared.

Steve, have you taken a gimbal apart? I'm curious as to what's in there and how do they work? They spin so freely I'm having problems believing they're geared.
There are no gears. The gimbal has servo motors which is why it is very smooth. I have taken the cameras apart and some parts on the gimbal. I wouldn't hesitate to remove the six screws you can see in your picture. That might lead you to find where they go.

View attachment 2828 crashed the drone and the gimbal camera has detached totally any one have any top on how to repair or does it need to be sent back to yuneec for full repair
That looks identical to my crash injury. Unfortunately, it's beyond home repair....and I say this as i have a lot of experience repairing small electronics. Mine is still at Yuneec - will take about 4 weeks. Call Yuneec to get a Return Authorization.

I made a hard landing yesterday and have the same issue as shown. Have you had any success with home repair or did you send it back to Yuneec?
I ended up having to send it back to Yuneec for repair. Call them first to get a Return Authorization number. It took about 4 weeks but came back just perfect. Total cost of repair w shipping was $52. Not so bad, although I've had a fly away since then so now I have nothing. Debating on whether or not to get the same since I have the ST16 or try something different. Good luck!

I ended up having to send it back to Yuneec for repair. Call them first to get a Return Authorization number. It took about 4 weeks but came back just perfect. Total cost of repair w shipping was $52. Not so bad, although I've had a fly away since then so now I have nothing. Debating on whether or not to get the same since I have the ST16 or try something different. Good luck!
Did you talk to Yuneec about your flyaway?

Ouch! Very sorry to hear that. I had a near fly-away that resulted in the hard landing. I made the mistake of launching from a bridge that was made of huge metal beams. I think the metal altered the compass reading so that GPS was confused. Fortunately, I had a small amount of control and managed to get it back down before traveling far. I'll probably do like you and send it into Yuneec for repair. The cost is certainly reasonable. Is it possible that you were too close to large metal objects or rebar in cement when your TH flew away?

Ouch! Very sorry to hear that. I had a near fly-away that resulted in the hard landing. I made the mistake of launching from a bridge that was made of huge metal beams. I think the metal altered the compass reading so that GPS was confused. Fortunately, I had a small amount of control and managed to get it back down before traveling far. I'll probably do like you and send it into Yuneec for repair. The cost is certainly reasonable. Is it possible that you were too close to large metal objects or rebar in cement when your TH flew away?
I was close to a metal bridge as I was filming the sunrise over the bridge on morning. I didn't realize that would interfere with the reception. I should have also boosted up my antennas reflecting back now. Thanks, Jon

No why? Do you think they would even believe me? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Jon
You can send them the flight log data from the ST16 and see what they say. At least call them and discuss it if it was still in warranty.

I was close to a metal bridge as I was filming the sunrise over the bridge on morning. I didn't realize that would interfere with the reception. I should have also boosted up my antennas reflecting back now. Thanks, Jon
I wonder how many of the fly-aways we read about are by people like you and me who didn't realize or forgot that large metal objects and rebar in cement can screw with the compass. From now on, I'm going to use my iPhone compass to check before flying in a new location. I don't think better antennas is the answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval