Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELP! My Q500 4K won't run!

Reaction score
I downloaded the GUI for my machine and after I finally got it to "work" and calibrated things. I exited and then turned on the ST10, then the drone. When I did that, the ST 10 threw this error on screen."Motor Error! Enter 5 Rotor Mode. Please Land Immediately".

After turning on the drone, it gives 6 "clicks, 3 different sounding clicks and then a couple more of a different sound and the belly light is flashing red rapidly...I am so lost right now and really hope someone can help straighten this out.

I don't think there is anything with the motor (it's motor 3 that is throwing the error).

Please Help!

TIA

TW

Last edited:
According to the manual, rapidly flashing red indicates that the initialization has failed. "Motor Error! Enter 5 Rotor Mode". Seems odd as there are only four motors. Did you try to bind the quad?

Reactions: Texas_Willie
According to the manual, rapidly flashing red indicates that the initialization has failed. "Motor Error! Enter 5 Rotor Mode". Seems odd as there are only four motors. Did you try to bind the quad?

Yeah, the "5 Rotor Mode" is confusing. I am too mentally wasted to do anymore today. I will try to get ahold of Yuneec Tech Support Tomorrow and see if they have any ideas or solutions.

Thanks for the reply!

TW

Recheck the plug near the battery where you connected the USB GUI cable. I suspect some thing is not connected properly.

Recheck the plug near the battery where you connected the USB GUI cable. I suspect some thing is not connected properly.
I don't have anything connected to it right. The usb programming plug is empty at the moment.

There's another post by redbird007 that's having the same issue. Might want keep an eye on it to see what happens there.

Color me HAPPY! I was able to get the GUI loaded again, connected to the bird and do an ESC Reassignment and now all is well with the bird. Thanks Wet for the heads up on redbird007's issue, that kind of lead me to the fix.

I feel very blessed to have found this group of fine individuals!

Thanks Again Everyone! :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have this same problem. I purchased the Q500 4K used. Prior owner stated the esc was bad but could be replaced. I did just that. I have plenty of yrs of knowledge with soldier and reassembly of many drones over the past few years. Never too deep into it but enough to know what goes where. Following directions of course. To my knowledge part is correct to it’s motor and part associated with the manufacture. Rear left esc. Motor is in usable condition. Tested with a esc and 3c externally to make sure motor was in working order. No issues with movement motor sounded great in fact even had taken a 70 ft fall from the sky. Said prior owner. So now with re calibration of drone. The controller which is the st/10 I believe. Updated the drone with the controller it synced with assigned drone nothing but it wouldn’t fly immediately flashing error code 5?

This Q500 did not happen to come with all information no instructions on how to proceed with this? Any idea? Can’t seem to find. I really want to see this fly.

flashing error code 5?
Is that actually reading 5 rotor mode?
You will get that error message if you throttle up the motors without the props mounted. You can run the motors at idle with no props but you cannot increase the throttle.

This Q500 did not happen to come with all information no instructions on how to proceed with this? Any idea? Can’t seem to find. I really want to see this fly.
This link will take you to a dropbox that contains the GUI for both MAC and Windows systems:

You will need the cable that goes between the PC and the Q500: https://yuneecskins.com/all-product...nterface-programmer-yuna100-wout-adapter-lead.

A copy of the Q500 Users manual can be found here: Q500 Typhoon Manual.pdf

Other Q500 materials can be found in this section: Q500 Series

There is also a good bit of Q500 information in the PDF document attached to: Way To Fix Drones project

Please note there is a difference between the way the original Q500 and the Q500-4K attach to the GUI. I know you have mentioned yours is a Q500 (white upper shell), but if you actually have a Q500 4K (Gray upper shell), please clarify. There are a couple of small differences between the models.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis