Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help please with Cgo3

Reaction score
Could you please advise...I need a 3 axis gimbal camera for my Chroma which bought 2nd user, came without. I can buy a cgo3 for the Yuneec Typhoon Q500. But will I be able to connect it's 3 pin socket to the Chroma 4 pin gimbal socket? Does the camera bind to the st10 using an internal 5.8ghz tx, so that it's cable simply gets power from the chroma? Many thanks in advance for some info.

Could you please advise...I need a 3 axis gimbal camera for my Chroma which bought 2nd user, came without. I can buy a cgo3 for the Yuneec Typhoon Q500. But will I be able to connect it's 3 pin socket to the Chroma 4 pin gimbal socket? Does the camera bind to the st10 using an internal 5.8ghz tx, so that it's cable simply gets power from the chroma? Many thanks in advance for some info.
Please be aware the camera and the gimbal are built into a single integrated unit, but they are two different things. The camera takes pictures. The gimbal points the camera.

But will I be able to connect it's 3 pin socket to the Chroma 4 pin gimbal socket?
Yes. It is a four pin socket, but only three pins are wired. A battery positive wire, a battery negative wire, and a wire for the GIMBAL PWM signal. See the response to your original post at Flight Battery Charger and Cgo3 Gymbal for parts numbers.

Does the camera bind to the st10 using an internal 5.8ghz tx,
Yes. The CAMERA has it's own 5.8 GHz communication with the ST10.

"so that it's cable simply gets power from the chroma?"
No. As mentioned above, that's what the third wire is for. The camera's GIMBAL gets the Tilt (pitch) signal from the ST10 through the drone's 2.4GHz control WiFi.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Many thanks for that info. Im struggling to find the connection cable for cgo3 to chroma. Maybe I could make one? Does the cgo3 havr a built in 3 pin connection system ehrn it slides into the mount so thr cable had to reproduce this or is it a ush in plug?

Many thanks for that info. Im struggling to find the connection cable for cgo3 to chroma. Maybe I could make one? Does the cgo3 havr a built in 3 pin connection system ehrn it slides into the mount so thr cable had to reproduce this or is it a ush in plug?

"Im struggling to find the connection cable for cgo3 to chroma."
eBay has several. All I saw were in the US or in China. You might also contact Yuneec UK at Contact.

"Does the cgo3 havr a built in 3 pin connection system"
Yes. The Q500 4K version has the same connector as the Chroma version.

"Im struggling to find the connection cable for cgo3 to chroma."
eBay has several. All I saw were in the US or in China. You might also contact Yuneec UK at Contact.

"Does the cgo3 havr a built in 3 pin connection system"
Yes. The Q500 4K version has the same connector as the Chroma version.
Thank you for the reply. I am wondering if my chroma originally had a gopro 3/4 gymbal? as it has a 3 pin white sockey marked gimbal. will the cgo3 connection wire plug into that and work?

There may have been some variations I don't know about. The GB-202 and GB-203 gimbals for GoPro that I know of came with the standard 4 pin connector on the Drone end. But there was also a GPH4 gimbal and I have no information for that one.

Can you take a picture of the connector and upload it? This might be interesting.

This link is to a Dropbox with several Chroma files, including some variations of the "Manual" for at least 3 of the combinations that were sold. There is also a manual dedicated to the Chroma version of the CGo3 that shows the connection points for the wire. Thought some of these might be useful:

That's very interesting thanks for taking the trouble to hellpp with my query. My chroma seems to be the GB203 type and has a 4 pin gimbal connector. Do you know what that type of 4 pin plug is called? Or the pin outs so I can make my own connection cable? thanks

That's very interesting thanks for taking the trouble to hellpp with my query. My chroma seems to be the GB203 type and has a 4 pin gimbal connector. Do you know what that type of 4 pin plug is called? Or the pin outs so I can make my own connection cable? thanks
" Do you know what that type of 4 pin plug is called? Or the pin outs so I can make my own connection cable?"
Some thoughts before you decide to go that way:
1.) You will need two different crimpers. Each will cost 15 to 20 USD.
2.) You will need two different connectors. They are seldom sold in singles. You will probably have to order in bulk for ~5 to 10 USD for smallest package.
3.) You will need to find the two different size and gender pins. They may or may not come with the connectors.
4.) There are probably hundreds of similar connectors pictured on the internet that may appear to be correct but actually not work when they arrive.
5.) You will have to find the proper gauge wire, which will have to be purchased as a roll. $5.00?
6.) You will need to find the noise filter, which you will also have to buy in bulk. $5.00?
7.) None of this is likely to be available locally. Most will have to be ordered. Probably from China. With shipping costs.
8.) If you make an error, you will destroy the drone and/or the camera.

If you still want to go this way I will try to take some decent measurements and make a drawing. Let me know.

Thats good advice thanks
I just cant find any links to the cable from China with shipping to the UK. Yuneec in Europe will do it but again shipping is expensive.

Please note I have provided similar drawings at least three times where the member managed to get things crossed up. (And that doesn't even begin to include the number of time I've crossed them up myself. :) )
The confusion factor seems to be the viewing perspective. Although it may sound obvious, please note:
1.) When viewed from the opposite side, the order is reversed.
2.) When viewed from the opposite end, the order is reversed.
3.) When viewed from the opposite gender, the order is reversed.

I tried to add some of the possible perspectives to the drawing, but stopped when it began to look more confusing than just letting you figure it out as you go. I hope this is helpful.
Cable.png

The pin order in every schematic should be only the one, doesn't matter from the point of view.

First time, when I saw the WTFD pdf I was very confused with these perspectives. I'm in the electronics from more than 40 years.

The pin order in every schematic should be only the one, doesn't matter from the point of view.

First time, when I saw the WTFD pdf I was very confused with these perspectives. I'm in the electronics from more than 40 years.
"I'm in the electronics from more than 40 years."
People with less experience can fall victim to traps someone of your experience would likely not even notice. But I agree the first drawing attempted to provide so much information it could easily become the problem itself.
Here is a less cluttered drawing:
Basic Cable.png

Enough will be if in the preamble of the document you reserve a page with numbering convention inside it. Type there that every pin has an unique number, which is not from less to more count in every point of view.

" Do you know what that type of 4 pin plug is called? Or the pin outs so I can make my own connection cable?"
Some thoughts before you decide to go that way:
1.) You will need two different crimpers. Each will cost 15 to 20 USD.
2.) You will need two different connectors. They are seldom sold in singles. You will probably have to order in bulk for ~5 to 10 USD for smallest package.
3.) You will need to find the two different size and gender pins. They may or may not come with the connectors.
4.) There are probably hundreds of similar connectors pictured on the internet that may appear to be correct but actually not work when they arrive.
5.) You will have to find the proper gauge wire, which will have to be purchased as a roll. $5.00?
6.) You will need to find the noise filter, which you will also have to buy in bulk. $5.00?
7.) None of this is likely to be available locally. Most will have to be ordered. Probably from China. With shipping costs.
8.) If you make an error, you will destroy the drone and/or the camera.

If you still want to go this way I will try to take some decent measurements and make a drawing. Let me know.
Could you please send a picture or identify the plug types I need? thanks

Could I please ask why the cgo3 camera gimbal has 2 smsll female connectors, one is a micro 4 pin (what is that typecalled?) which I believe links to the drone. The other is wider maybe 8 pins? what is that for? Does anyone know the type of 4 pin larger plug that goes in the drone? thanks for any help

Could I please ask why the cgo3 camera gimbal has 2 smsll female connectors, one is a micro 4 pin (what is that typecalled?) which I believe links to the drone. The other is wider maybe 8 pins? what is that for? Does anyone know the type of 4 pin larger plug that goes in the drone? thanks for any help
If you mean the ones in the picture below;
Those are male connectors. The gender refers to the pin itself, not the plastic support around them.
The top one is actually 3 pin. Yes, that is the one for the connection to the drone.
The bottom one is used by service centers. The firmware needed to use that one was not made available to the public.
connectors.jpg

The cable side of the top connector is PROBABLY a "3 pin, 1.5mm ZH Female JST" connector as shown in this link: JST 1.5mm ZH 3-Pin Female Connector with Wire and Male connector x 10 SETS | eBay

The four pin plug is PROBABLY a "2543 Molex 2.54mm 4-Pin Female with LOCK" as included in this link:

I am not certain of the size/types. You might want to order an assortment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval