Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help Please !

Reaction score
Does any know how to use the Typhoon H GUI ? I have the download on my Laptop, but can any direct me to a video or tell me step by step instruction to connect and access process? Sorry, but new to Yuneec! Also is the 32 download for 32 computer and 64 for a 64 ?:( Put a smile on that face !

It's been a while and it was on the q500, but here goes:
1) download software via link from support page. Most computers these days are 64bit unless you have a really old one.
2) install
3) run
4) follow link on main page of gui to install USB drivers

Sorry, I am not on a computer to actually check and take screenshots. iPad

Reactions: DroneClone
Does any know how to use the Typhoon H GUI ? I have the download on my Laptop, but can any direct me to a video or tell me step by step instruction to connect and access process? Sorry, but new to Yuneec! Also is the 32 download for 32 computer and 64 for a 64 ?:( Put a smile on that face !
Yup, 32 for 32 bit and 64 for 64 bit systems. You can connect the H to the PC using the usb charging cable. Plug it into the mini-usb port on bottom of the H. It seems like there were some directions in the GUI. You can also install the driver from the GUI. It has a link.

Reactions: DroneClone
Fantastic! Thanks both of you ! So basically after I have downloaded the 64 bit GUI connect the usb from H to pc and enter the GUI for step by step directions? I am sure you have to have the H on, but no controller correct? Thanks!;)

Fantastic! Thanks both of you ! So basically after I have downloaded the 64 bit GUI connect the usb from H to pc and enter the GUI for step by step directions? I am sure you have to have the H on, but no controller correct? Thanks!;)
Yes. You don't need the controller running. If it's sitting on a level table, do the accelerometer cal while you're at it. It may take a couple of attempts to get it connected in the correct sequence. I should have made notes when I did it. I'm just an old guy who forgets quickly.

Yes. You don't need the controller running. If it's sitting on a level table, do the accelerometer cal while you're at it. It may take a couple of attempts to get it connected in the correct sequence. I should have made notes when I did it. I'm just an old guy who forgets quickly.
Me too ! thanks Steve !

The app installed the USB drivers automatically for me, I think. Or maybe it popped up after installation as another installation. Either way, pretty straightforward. I did have to change the Connect Ways to USB from Serial Port. Under the Edit menu if I remember correctly.

The app installed the USB drivers automatically for me, I think. Or maybe it popped up after installation as another installation. Either way, pretty straightforward. I did have to change the Connect Ways to USB from Serial Port. Under the Edit menu if I remember correctly.
Snerd, glad it worked for you!, I thought I read on here somewhere, not to change to USB, but to leave at serial port? Can you confirm? Thanks!

Watch out with that GUI. I could not update my firmware the normal way through the camera. Tried through the GUI but it crashed half way through. Its very unstable. H is now bricked. Will not boot or connect to ST16. Just get one beep from switch. Camera levels with three beeps then nothing. Can't turn off with switch. Waiting for further instructions from Y. I think it will have to go back to their ER. Its in the box ready for shipping. Any more reports of this besides case last on here.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Watch out with that GUI. I could not update my firmware the normal way through the camera. Tried through the GUI but it crashed half way through. Its very unstable. H is now bricked. Will not boot or connect to ST16. Just get one beep from switch. Camera levels with three beeps then nothing. Can't turn off with switch. Waiting for further instructions from Y. I think it will have to go back to their ER. Its in the box ready for shipping. Any more reports of this besides case last on here.
Update through camera? Correct me if wrong, are we not to do H updates through the Aircraft port, not camera? just curious?:(

Don't ya just love Hi-Tech. I know I do.

Like in the video. Put card with .bin file on in CGO3 slot and update with ST16. Mine would not update so tried through the GUI. Massive fail..

DC thru the camera. Not theST. By the way thanks for the help.

I really don't understand why they didn't send you the firmware on an sd card. Guess that would be too easy.

Sorry to hear that!, Can you/have you tried a camera reset to default in the "Settings" ?
The ST16 will not communicate with the H so cannot reset with the ST16 anyway. Is there another way?
Don't think the H will reboot now with any firmware :-(

The ST16 will not communicate with the H so cannot reset with the ST16 anyway. Is there another way?
Don't think the H will reboot now with any firmware :-(
Have you called Yuneec, they will maybe be able to walk you thru? But then if you can't boot up, you can't get in ! Hope you don't have to send in, but sounds like only option?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval