Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hey Yuneec, Listen Up

Reaction score
Let’s face it. The Typhoon H is probably the coolest looking and flying drone out there. There is nothing about this machine that just a few years ago would have been considered science fiction. From anyone’s perspective who lives in reality even if it didn’t have a camera would be worth every penny of what we paid. But it does have a camera. It has a lousy camera just like DJI and the rest of them. When was the last time you saw video of people where you could actually see what they were doing in the shots? You can’t do it unless you are tickling them with the rotor blades. Curved Cable Cam is great but I will never use it. Happy that I have it though. Realsense is beyond belief in what it can do and although I don’t imagine I will have a real need for it I will buy it as an add on when it’s available just because. So here is what I am getting at. Why can’t Yuneec make a real camera as another modular option that zooms and is capable of real photography? Something of substance to replace these toy cameras currently on all the hobby drones. If people are willing to outlay more money for Realsense technology those same people and probably a whole lot more would be willing to pay a fair price for a real camera. Understood it won’t be cheap. Forget the filters and the lens mods. Yuneec, give us a modular camera option that’s really a camera and Make the Typhoon series absolutely the greatest unbeatable camera platform out there.

Reactions: Steve Wall Morris
Let’s face it. The Typhoon H is probably the coolest looking and flying drone out there. There is nothing about this machine that just a few years ago would have been considered science fiction. From anyone’s perspective who lives in reality even if it didn’t have a camera would be worth every penny of what we paid. But it does have a camera. It has a lousy camera just like DJI and the rest of them. When was the last time you saw video of people where you could actually see what they were doing in the shots? You can’t do it unless you are tickling them with the rotor blades. Curved Cable Cam is great but I will never use it. Happy that I have it though. Realsense is beyond belief in what it can do and although I don’t imagine I will have a real need for it I will buy it as an add on when it’s available just because. So here is what I am getting at. Why can’t Yuneec make a real camera as another modular option that zooms and is capable of real photography? Something of substance to replace these toy cameras currently on all the hobby drones. If people are willing to outlay more money for Realsense technology those same people and probably a whole lot more would be willing to pay a fair price for a real camera. Understood it won’t be cheap. Forget the filters and the lens mods. Yuneec, give us a modular camera option that’s really a camera and Make the Typhoon series absolutely the greatest unbeatable camera platform out there.

Im hoping for a gopro gimbal like on the typhoon g

I know that $1,300. is a lot of money but seriously, how can one expect an incredible flying machine and an incredible camera for that kind of money. Everyone complains about the camera but lets face it, it is a hobby camera. It was never meant or designed to be anything more than what it is. If someone really thinks they are going to get or entitled to get professional Hollywood quality images and a drone for $1,300. then they must also believe in the tooth fairy. All I am saying is I wish Yuneec would at least give the people that are more serious about filming the opportunity to upgrade to something better and even then whatever they might offer will still be hobby grade and not be anywhere near professional but at least might be good enough.

Reactions: QuadBart
I consider myself of reasonable intelligence and I would suggest it is only a matter of time for other camera options come online for this bird. They never just made it modular for flir and good lifting capacity for no good reason you would think. They can sell probably hundreds more better cameras than flir so I fully expect a prosumer camera option in future.

If they don't do it they are missing out on a lot of money for sure.

The major plus this has over the phantom is the ability to change the camera easily so unless they are sleeping they already are working on it.

Reactions: JohnL
I am happy with my H but agree with Ken Tardio's comments. The prime purpose of the H in Yuneec eyes is as a 'Pro' camera platform yet the CGO3+ is a pretty poor
I consider myself of reasonable intelligence and I would suggest it is only a matter of time for other camera options come online for this bird. They never just made it modular for flir and good lifting capacity for no good reason you would think. They can sell probably hundreds more better cameras than flir so I fully expect a prosumer camera option in future.

If they don't do it they are missing out on a lot of money for sure.

The major plus this has over the phantom is the ability to change the camera easily so unless they are sleeping they already are working on it.

I think all this discussion and supposition is generated by the infuriating fact that Yuneec do not communicate useful information. Apple, Blackmagic and many others bring you into their 'family and ethos'. Yuneec are just faceless - who are they? Communication other than porkies on delivery dates are non existant. They treat the dealers the same way. We want to be proud of our purchase and excited to be on the Yuneec journey. It seems that Yuneec is run by a bunch geeks who know very little about a lot of things. Where is the CEO proudly putting forward the company ideals and why we should follow him?

BTW I love my H.

I agree. Now that I have 80 flight with the H, I can say that :

> 5/5 as a flying machine. Very happy
> 3/5 as a video machine. If you work in manual mode, you can have some correct videos
> 2/5 as a photo machine. A little to weak but I knew when I bought it (as a photographer)
> 4/5 as a drone of that price

I love
- the design
- the 6 propelers
- the behavior in strong wind
- the infinite 360° gimbal

I like
- easy flying
- the CCC mode (important for me)
- easy catch landing
- the quality of video (for that kind of price)
- the wizard (sometimes usefull)

I dislike
- the loss of connectivity when putting up the landing gear (sometimes)
- impossible to change the RTH height
- sometimes, the white balance goes back to auto mode all alone
- the quality of photo pictures

I hate
- taking the sdcard from the camera to put it in my PC
- if I loose connectivity, the video recording stops.
- the feeling that Yuneec has forgotten the early buyers and is now concentrated on the H pro

What I need
- CCC : I want to be able to program my shots during the CCC.
- IPS : would be important for indoor shootings.
- wizard : I want the wizard to be the target for the camera while I'm controlling the filght with the ST16

What I don't need
- realsense : I don't spend time shooting myself and the working speed of the realsense is very low, although this is a great technological advance.
- the H pro : if the camera was different on the pro, I would not say the same thing !

What I expect from Yuneec
- a better camera : Yuneec should offer the possibility to buy a better camera (I recently bought a panasonic G7 with a 14-42 lens for 580 € so don't tell me that a better camera for a drone cost much more !)
- a better quality control service : today I must tell that if I should buy a drone for shooting tomorrow, I'm not sure to choose Yuneec because my confidence has fallen since I know that many people received their H with an imperfect camera.
- a faster Customer service : 3 weeks is so long...

Result :
I LOVE MY H (when it will be returned from yuneec) !!!! But please don't forget me !

I agree. Now that I have 80 flight with the H, I can say that :

> 5/5 as a flying machine. Very happy
> 3/5 as a video machine. If you work in manual mode, you can have some correct videos
> 2/5 as a photo machine. A little to weak but I knew when I bought it (as a photographer)
> 4/5 as a drone of that price

I love
- the design
- the 6 propelers
- the behavior in strong wind
- the infinite 360° gimbal

I like
- easy flying
- the CCC mode (important for me)
- easy catch landing
- the quality of video (for that kind of price)
- the wizard (sometimes usefull)

I dislike
- the loss of connectivity when putting up the landing gear (sometimes)
- impossible to change the RTH height
- sometimes, the white balance goes back to auto mode all alone
- the quality of photo pictures

I hate
- taking the sdcard from the camera to put it in my PC
- if I loose connectivity, the video recording stops.
- the feeling that Yuneec has forgotten the early buyers and is now concentrated on the H pro

What I need
- CCC : I want to be able to program my shots during the CCC.
- IPS : would be important for indoor shootings.
- wizard : I want the wizard to be the target for the camera while I'm controlling the filght with the ST16

What I don't need
- realsense : I don't spend time shooting myself and the working speed of the realsense is very low, although this is a great technological advance.
- the H pro : if the camera was different on the pro, I would not say the same thing !

What I expect from Yuneec
- a better camera : Yuneec should offer the possibility to buy a better camera (I recently bought a panasonic G7 with a 14-42 lens for 580 € so don't tell me that a better camera for a drone cost much more !)
- a better quality control service : today I must tell that if I should buy a drone for shooting tomorrow, I'm not sure to choose Yuneec because my confidence has fallen since I know that many people received their H with an imperfect camera.
- a faster Customer service : 3 weeks is so long...

Result :
I LOVE MY H (when it will be returned from yuneec) !!!! But please don't forget me !

Excellent post Eric, I agree with everything you said.

I still have the intermittent problem with losing connection when lifting the landing gear and having to reset the camera settings all the time is a real PITA!

I also have to agree.
Now I know there are physical limitations, a bigger heavier camera= less flight time. Not sure how much weight the current camera mount could handle.
For the beginner wanting to get into aerial filming this is a great all in one buy nothing else platform.
For those wanting to do professional filming that will end up on web pages only it is great.
Cinematic quality is another question. But then this is a $1200 drone not a $20,000 drone.
I would love to see the 18X camera they have for the Tornado put on my H. Not good for high quality filing but for inspection and SAR work would be great.

All in all, I personally am very happy with my purchase, I have to apply anti smile cream every time I fly it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz