Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi, New Typhoon H Pilot in Northern Ireland

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick hello. I'm brand new to the drone scene and enjoying it, based in Northern Ireland and just got a Typhoon H Pro so any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jon.

Hello Jon and welcome to the forum.
On your first flight of the day, allow the H to sit with the motors off for 10 min while the GPS updates. Subsequent flights will be much faster to launch.
While you are waiting for the GPS, "stir" the sticks and then check them in Hardware Monitor. Check all your switches to make sure they are in the proper position. Leave OA in the off position.
Stand back 30' or 10 m when you start the motors. Go full throttle up to about 15', hover and test the sticks.
If you are new to flying the H, I recommend flying w/o the camera until you feel comfortable flying the aircraft.

Hello Jon and welcome to the forum.
On your first flight of the day, allow the H to sit with the motors off for 10 min while the GPS updates. Subsequent flights will be much faster to launch.
While you are waiting for the GPS, "stir" the sticks and then check them in Hardware Monitor. Check all your switches to make sure they are in the proper position. Leave OA in the off position.
Stand back 30' or 10 m when you start the motors. Go full throttle up to about 15', hover and test the sticks.
If you are new to flying the H, I recommend flying w/o the camera until you feel comfortable flying the aircraft.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply and the advice, so much to learn with these drones.

The only problem I'm getting so far is the wifi signal for the video is dropping every flight after a couple of minutes. When it does I let the drone sit there till it comes back, takes about a minute to comeback then it seems to stay for the rest of the flight.

Firmware versions are EU and listed below

ST16
System version: st16_system_v03.01.b30
APK version: st16_app_v01.00.45

Aircraft
AutoPilot Version: V1.35 Typhoon H
Gimbal Version: V1.25
Camera Version: V3.2.34(E) C-G03-Pro
Realsense Version: N/A

Compass cailbration and accelerometer calibration done after firmware update.

Regards

Jon

I have seen several pilots using the EU software on the camera have switched to the US version to get a better signal. If you are using the mushroom antenna on the ST16 it must point straight up. If you use the flat panel it has to point at the H.

I have seen several pilots using the EU software on the camera have switched to the US version to get a better signal. If you are using the mushroom antenna on the ST16 it must point straight up. If you use the flat panel it has to point at the H.

It has the two 2.4 antennas then the 5.8 antenna is the square flat antenna on a bendy stalk. HAve just been looking at itelite antennas wondering are they any better at boosting the signal.

Also do you have to update all the firmware to the US to get the better camera range or just the camera firmware.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers