Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi Yuneec Pilot community, i need ur help ...¡!

Reaction score
I have a little question regarding the gimbal camera, with respect to TILT MODE:
When i put to the middle position, the camera should be 0° but this doesn't happen and it leans about 15°,

When turning on the Drone it is located normal level 0°, but when connecting with the ST16S this happens and it's
TILT MODE middle position its moves about 15° degrees down,

In TILT MODE, when is down position (V), it works normal with camera movement up and down.

How can I solve this little detail?
I hope you can help me Yuneec Pilot Community,

20200416_214057~3[1].jpg20200417_194429~2[1].jpg20200416_214150[1].jpg20200416_214851~2[1].jpg

@will7799,
1.) Have you checked RC Monitor screen to ensure the Tilt Slider (K2) is operating smoothly and at full range?
2.) Have you been working in the hidden menu "RC Calibration" program?
3.) Did anything happen to the controller or were any adjustments made between the last time the tilt worked correctly and the first time the error occurred?
4.) What version of firmware are you running? (The example below is build 822)
H Plus Build 822.jpg

All questions from @WTFDprojekt are valid.

I can only talk for the ST16 from Typhoon H but from Manual it seems to be the same for H+.

Just to explain how it works:
Tilt Mode in upper and middle position should be the same: Tilt Angle mode. Tilt Mode in lower position is Velocity mode.

When I look to the Channel settings, the output monitor shows no change in upper and middle position for S1 and a linear output for A03 (Channel 7 = CH06 in Remote_xxxxx.csv in Flight2Log files).
Tilt_Angel_Mode_Up.pngTilt_Angel_Mode_Middle.png
For S1 in lower position there is 20% Expo added to A03 to get Velocity Mode.
Tilt_Velocity_Mode.png
I know, ST16S has no Channel Settings to check this. Is there a output monitor (tap frequently on voltage symbol)?

There could be a problem
- with the switch (HW),
- miscalibration with slider not in the middle position at start calibration,
- or with settings.

To check, you could create a new model and rebind to it. Then check it the behaviour disappeared or not.

br HE

@will7799,
1.) Have you checked RC Monitor screen to ensure the Tilt Slider (K2) is operating smoothly and at full range?
2.) Have you been working in the hidden menu "RC Calibration" program?
3.) Did anything happen to the controller or were any adjustments made between the last time the tilt worked correctly and the first time the error occurred?
4.) What version of firmware are you running? (The example below is build 822)
View attachment 21255

The only places I had access to was:

1.) RC Monitor: K2 and K3 are in full up, and it is as shown on the screen; how can i know if it is working normal??
At first the camera was at a perfect angle 0,
2.) Yes, i calibrated all controls.
3.) The only thing, that happened is that the controller ST16S was reset.
4.) Is build 822.

Attachments

• 20200421_134156[1].jpg
    20200421_134156[1].jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200421_134346[1].jpg
    20200421_134346[1].jpg
    832.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200421_134503[1].jpg
    20200421_134503[1].jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 10
All questions from @WTFDprojekt are valid.

I can only talk for the ST16 from Typhoon H but from Manual it seems to be the same for H+.

Just to explain how it works:
Tilt Mode in upper and middle position should be the same: Tilt Angle mode. Tilt Mode in lower position is Velocity mode.

When I look to the Channel settings, the output monitor shows no change in upper and middle position for S1 and a linear output for A03 (Channel 7 = CH06 in Remote_xxxxx.csv in Flight2Log files).
View attachment 21257View attachment 21256
For S1 in lower position there is 20% Expo added to A03 to get Velocity Mode.
View attachment 21258
I know, ST16S has no Channel Settings to check this. Is there a output monitor (tap frequently on voltage symbol)?

There could be a problem
- with the switch (HW),
- miscalibration with slider not in the middle position at start calibration,
- or with settings.

To check, you could create a new model and rebind to it. Then check it the behaviour disappeared or not.

br HE

Anything can you think of to correct the camera?
Please.

1.) RC Monitor: K2 and K3 are in full up, and it is as shown on the screen; how can i know if it is working normal??
2.) Yes, i calibrated all controls.
If K2 and K3 were full up when the screenshot of RC monitor was taken, it clearly shows the problem. The scales for both K2 and K3 show at mid position, they should both be at the top. This strongly implies the calibration was not performed correctly. Most You tube videos are incorrect, and result in exactly this situation. The key to successful calibration is where the sticks are when you finish the first screen (where you mover everything around to make the boxes turn red. Each control device must be left in exact center before moving to the next stage. Most YouTube videos either don't mention it, or actually tell you to put them full up.
You will need to redo the calibration. Take note in the video when he tells you to center the sliders, sticks, and pan knob.

Last edited by a moderator:
If K2 and K3 are in the full up position in the first photo it shows that the ST16 calibration was performed improperly. They both should be at the top of their range, not in the middle.

You beat me to it @WTFDproject.

The OP needs to review the sticky threads at the beginning of the Typhoon H Plus forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers