Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

hmmmm crashed

Reaction score
Installed latest FW about 2 weeks ago and did a couple of test flights all okay
After travelling to Jersey and re calibrating the compass and accelerometer I flew 4 batteries worth for the previous 2 days no issues apart from when indoors and was getting a compass warning.
Anyway was on 3rd battery today when low battery warning came on, immediately followed by compass or magnetic field warning (can't remember which). The warning screen would not clear so the fpv was completely disabled and I was having some difficulty seeing the H due to a low tree line.
So I walked to towards its location (only about 20m horizontally) and there it was smashed up on the ground.
Anyone else had similar issues?

Sorry to hear you had this happen. Were you recording video when this happened?
If you wish, you can upload the telemetry file from that flight here. There are a few members who can help look for problems. To do so, change the file extension to .txt so it will upload.

Sorry to hear this bad luck.
The warnings will clear off screen using the bottom right "Go Back". I also do not like those warnings taking over the screen.
Thanks, in the short panicky time I didn't manage to think of trying that. However will the warning just repeat anyway and meaning using the back button over and over?

Would it have been proper when in doubt switch to Home?

re calibrating the compass and accelerometer

Is this process necessary anytime you change flight locations?

They reckon if you fly more the 50 to a 100 miles from your regular location then you should recalibrate, which I did.
The accelerometer rarely needs calibration unless the H has had a crash. The compass seems to get the best calibration when you face North at the start of the calibration.

Reactions: OnTheRopes
The accelerometer rarely needs calibration unless the H has had a crash. The compass seems to get the best calibration when you face North at the start of the calibration.
Okay, fair point but does it do any harm to recalibrate anyway.
Having got home and looked at the damage, it does seem repairable, I have spoken with Yuneec UK and going to send it in to them. One leg gone, one arm hanging off and the CGO3+ which had a Peau lens in is broken off the gimnal with wires out but in one piece.
Im not sure whethre to send it in with Peau lens camera or put the original in the box as I want it fixed but done want to lose the Peae. Perhaps I will call and ask Monday.

So, I know somewhere there is instruction on how to access and upload Telemetry to the forum, does anyone have a link to such? It will be interesting to see if it was operator error or the H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus